Aaron Williams Drafted then Andy Dalton

Hsp08

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ever see Andy Dalton being an elite QB. He'll forever be a middle of the pack guy like the Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Matt Hasselback types.

So I don't think the Bills missed out on Dalton since Fitzpatrick almost brings as much as him to the table.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Aaron will be a good pick for us. What I really wanted is that 3rd round pick, when Ryan Mallet was sitting and we missed the boat...A Strong Armed QB in Buffalo!

I like that we are not picking a QB unless the quality offered demands it and the guy is a starter (eg. Newton) or until there is a team around the guy who is picked. I think they believe they have a QB and are building the rest of the team, unless a super QB is there to take. It is common knowledge that they were taking Newton if he fell to them..

I know this is easy to say in hindsight but,

The Bills drafted Williams 2nd Round, 34th pick. Guess who went next? Dalton to the Bengals as 35th pick.

While Aaron may yet turn into a solid player, who would have guessed Dalton developing into a solid QB this quick?

Kudos to the Bengals for doing their homework, and yet an another one slips by the Bills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NFL_Draft

This is absurd. Ya if the bills had the bengals defense I am sure they'd have drafted Green before cinci. Geeze

There was no way buffalo could pass on a guaranteed solid tackle to try and start building a defense.

The Bills drafted Williams 2nd Round, 34th pick. Guess who went next? Dalton to the Bengals as 35th pick.

While Aaron may yet turn into a solid player, who would have guessed Dalton developing into a solid QB this quick?

Kudos to the Bengals for doing their homework, and yet an another one slips by the Bills.

How about the 2010 draft, Bills select Torell Troup with the 41st pick. Then New England picks next...that's right,Rob Gronkowski. The Bills had needed a tight end for years and they pass on this guy.

Aaron already is a solid player. He's arguably already the Bills' top CB.

Dalton isn't that amazing - w/o Green to haul in a lot of balls thrown up for grabs his stat-line would be junk.

Hopefully Nix was right when he said he has no spending cap/limit like in the recent past. This regime looks like it will keep the productive players. He also sounds like he will use FA to help out. Still build through the draft, but loosen up the strings for FA.One can only hope.

The odds are better that Snow White will show up at your house.

I don't ever see Andy Dalton being an elite QB. He'll forever be a middle of the pack guy like the Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan and Matt Hasselback types.

So I don't think the Bills missed out on Dalton since Fitzpatrick almost brings as much as him to the table.

I'm not a supporter of Fitzpatrick as our starter, but I agree with this.

Dalton has looked solid as a rookie, but I don't see anything that makes me believe he will be a great NFL quarterback. I didn't regret passing on him in the second round back in April, and after a full season, I still don't. In five years, I think Dalton will still be a middle of the road starter.

Personally, I was a big fan of Ryan Mallet.

It will be interesting to see what happens when he finally gets his shot.

Im still way more pissed about Gronkowski.

He is a HOFer and Troup will be cut soon. :wallbash:

Plus Gronk grew up in Buffalo.

Although I actually wanted Hernandez in the 3rd over Carrington

And definitely over Easely !!!