The Sabres

The less said about tonight's game, the better.

I don't know what it is that they can play a balls-out first period, then fold like a cheap lawn chair the very moment they have a goal scored against.

Tonight is not the first time, either. This team would be great, if games were a single 20-minute period.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has no leadership or determination. The man responsible for assembling this group of fragile losers needs to go. Sorry Darcy time to resign or get fired .

Roy Stafford boyes hecht sekera gragani miller need to go. The core of this team is stale and soft and continues to under achieve. Time for a Firesale!!

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

This team needs a new owner that will do something.:devil:

Terry is cheap. I can't wait for the guy to die so we can get some new blood in!!! :devil:

Seriously, I put most of the blame on Darcy. He needs to go. He screwed up the Briere/ Drury situation as much as you possibly could. Then, he cried when he got forced to match the Oilers offer for Vanek. Vanek certainly isn't the problem but the fact he is your marquee offensive player is. He is soft and that is 90% of the team. When the Bills finished 6-10, it was a question of depth and talent. The Sabres just lack heart.

And I don't know what to think about Ruff. I think he gets too much blame because he has a soft team. He can't change the players' DNA. But sometimes a change is good for everyone. If the Sabres do let him go, however, I have little doubt he will be a successful coach for another team.

Terry is cheap. I can't wait for the guy to die so we can get some new blood in!!! :devil:

Seriously, I put most of the blame on Darcy. He needs to go. He screwed up the Briere/ Drury situation as much as you possibly could. Then, he cried when he got forced to match the Oilers offer for Vanek. Vanek certainly isn't the problem but the fact he is your marquee offensive player is. He is soft and that is 90% of the team. When the Bills finished 6-10, it was a question of depth and talent. The Sabres just lack heart.

And I don't know what to think about Ruff. I think he gets too much blame because he has a soft team. He can't change the players' DNA. But sometimes a change is good for everyone. If the Sabres do let him go, however, I have little doubt he will be a successful coach for another team.

I mostly agree with this...but not so much the part about Vanek. He has been one of the few players to produce this year on a somewhat consistent basis, and he does it all, with a coach that just does not seem to embrace him as one of "his guys".

Incidentally, there seems to be growing rumors that a trade is being looked at with Chicage, Ryan Miller for Patrick Kane. I would love that. Miller has played much better since early January, but he just has a history of going into tailspns. Kane is having a bad year (12 goals or something like that) and Blackhawk fans seem to think he has gotten "fat and lazy"...sounds like our kind of guy? I think I would still make that deal. Not sure how legit it is, but I have heard it twice, in the last 3 days...fwiw.

It really is time to purge about half the Sabres roster...I will be interested to see how Pegula and Black react. The only excitement left in this NHL season, for a Sabres fan.

I mostly agree with this...but not so much the part about Vanek. He has been one of the few players to produce this year on a somewhat consistent basis, and he does it all, with a coach that just does not seem to embrace him as one of "his guys".

Incidentally, there seems to be growing rumors that a trade is being looked at with Chicage, Ryan Miller for Patrick Kane. I would love that. Miller has played much better since early January, but he just has a history of going into tailspns. Kane is having a bad year (12 goals or something like that) and Blackhawk fans seem to think he has gotten "fat and lazy"...sounds like our kind of guy? I think I would still make that deal. Not sure how legit it is, but I have heard it twice, in the last 3 days...fwiw.

It really is time to purge about half the Sabres roster...I will be interested to see how Pegula and Black react. The only excitement left in this NHL season, for a Sabres fan.

Really a sad state of affairs as the only positives after a lackluster Bills season is watching the Sabres. I really don't have much desire to watch them anymore. Thank god I recorded last nights game instead of watching live. We watched until it was 4-2, then just fast forwarded at 3x speed and kept watching as the score continued to climb. They only play one period a game so I guess it is better to be in the first instead of making you watch the whole game. That was pathetic.

Will certainly be interesting to see what they do with this team.