Jerry's latest

bowery4

I really hate to read his crap about the Bills but I clicked by mistake. I tweeted him back

"your latest column sucks in view of things you said about each and every one of those coaches when they were in BFLO"

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article701899.ece

Amazing how many people here read Sullivan by mistake, or are having their toe nails ripped out if they don't look.

What it really shows is that a dimwitted journalist like jerry doesn't expound on what an incestuous business the NFL is. Naming a full staff of successful NFL coaches that have had a single NFL employer would be a task that Diogenes wouldn't undertake. In other words - how many NFL teams have those mentioned coaches worked for prior to their stint with The Bills? It's a merry-go-round.

It really was a mistake, it was the first one up on here (no bylines on this site, so I didn't know). I don't read him as often as possible (which in general is never, anymore). I don't follow his twitter but was pissed and responded.... :wallbash:

I actually did think twice about starting the thread but figured a lot of people would read it anyhow. I hate the guy still works for the news. He sucks at his opinions of the Sabers too. Other sports I don't care about.

Interesting that most are a step down from the spot they were fired from in buffalo.

Not really. Some guys (like all 4 of these guys) are meant to be assistant coaches. When the Bills hired them, they were hot prospects who ultimately failed at being HC's. But it's not like the Bills could demote them from HC. And with the exception of LeBeau, all made other stops before where they are now, meaning they didn't exactly succeed everywhere they went. A lot of it is due to the players they have.

Whether you agree with JS or not, the common denominator in all of his articles is spot on.

Being a sports writer in Buffalo or Rochester seems to make a lot of them miserable, insufferable maroons. I wonder if Jerry's writing would change with a move to Florida or something. Maybe you need a change of location too ;)

After seeing Mission Impossible this past week, I am convinced he's really Jerry Springer in disguise. again, it should surprise no one that his rhetoric is written to incite negative reactions. Everything is geared towards how bad the Bills are for ridding themselves of said player, coach, piece of equipment, you name it. These types of articles are written from a revisionist historical perspective. We all know these coaches/players, ETC didn't perform well while they were here, but it's a lot more controversial to point out when these departed people do well, that the Bills organization is diabolically flawed for dumping them.

If you must read his bone-headed garbage, read it simply to get a laugh, and marvel in the fact that the Buffalo News organization employs such a low grade journalist that writes articles that barely qualify as bad blog fodder.

Not really. Some guys (like all 4 of these guys) are meant to be assistant coaches. When the Bills hired them, they were hot prospects who ultimately failed at being HC's. But it's not like the Bills could demote them from HC. And with the exception of LeBeau, all made other stops before where they are now, meaning they didn't exactly succeed everywhere they went. A lot of it is due to the players they have.

Right. You don't think that is interesting? Buffalo has vetted the peter principal for a lot of current coordinators. I thought it was interesting. But I try hard to stay interested once the bills are done.

Right. You don't think that is interesting? Buffalo has vetted the peter principal for a lot of current coordinators. I thought it was interesting. But I try hard to stay interested once the bills are done.

What I meant to say is it's not surprising that the former Bills HC's are doing better as assistants, and that Fewell is doing well with a talented bunch of players. What's more curious is why Sulky brought this up, considering Mularkey's offense couldn't score a point, and LeBeau's defensive scheme lost them the game?

Sullivan presents a writing style in sports journalism, tailor made for reactions. Writing a lot of negative articles all hinging on being a realists point of view.

No other journalist in Buffalo sports gets more response than Sullivan. And guess what that's what he wants. So here we have yet another thread on Sullivan which he can sit back and enjoy. Anyone that thinks hanging him in the court of public opinion means anything too him, is mistaken. Myself. well I just contributed to what he wants. Exposure! He gets way too much attention on the forums. He is constantly skewered in the comments section of his own articles, and he LOVES it, and gets paid for it.

That article was pretty brazen, even by Jerry Sullivan standards, considering he ran every coach he named out of town. Maybe he figures heavy drinking by his readers caused widespread memory loss?

PTR

Exactly! Too bad, Jerry is spot on about this article. But, for the 12+ years he bashed these HC/ coordinators, to get them alineated off this team--then to turn around and praise them is kind of akward on his part! I would go back and start linking these such articles, but why waste the time--we all know Jerry's work!

Edit: Go Bills...Playoffs in 2012!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I know what you're trying to say but Sullivan doesn't practice journalism.

He's a columnist.

Exactly! He is good at his job and likes to stir the pot. One thing I'm interested in is the link of when, Chris Mortensen talks about the Bills--just recently Mort came out and highlighted this exact subject--but, it was about the Donahoe era... The reason why I say this is because, on several occasions, I've seen Sully articles catered after Mort's observations. Quite frankly, it's nothing big and journalists/columnists do this all the time for leads...But, it's just something I've noticed on Sully's leads for his stories