Optimism reigns, it's the off season!

beerme1

I really liked what I heard today. It sounds logical and reasonable and like they do have a plan and expectations.

I also feel like this is me being set up for the usual sucker bet. Will we really improve enough to overcome the obvious depth problems? Or is this the company line for seat renewals starting earlier than usual?

This was such a rollercoaster year. We had more fun at the stadium than we have had in years. At the same time we had more misery at the stadium than we have in years.

Well I do know this front office don't have me cheering for anything. They can say whatever they want....actions speak louder then words....basically prove it to me they are gonna get what's needed...until it happens...I don't trust a single one of them!

Well I do know this front office don't have me cheering for anything. They can say whatever they want....actions speak louder then words....basically prove it to me they are gonna get what's needed...until it happens...I don't trust a single one of them!

We just signed a linebacker with two bad knees. I know I'm pumped.

Agreed.

Nix said its harder for FAs to come here because of the loosing, so I think they may have to overpay for a few guys to get them here which in turn may get others attention that we are serious and if we start winning then it will be a lot easier to get FAs here.

I really hope we land V Jackson and Marrio Williams or Cliff Avril.

For Bills fans, the best part of the year is between the seasons end and the draft, and the first 2-7 weeks ofthe season.

The rest is a misery.

Enjoy it for the next few weeks!

naa, all fans are still looney all the way thru free agency.

The Bills fans always think the Bills will sign all the big names, and what happens is that Nix will find some waiver wire players that everyone will gush about.

Then they get all hyped up for the pre season and start of the season.

I expect Buffalo to be aggressive but when its all said and done it really comes down to whether Buffalo is willing to go that extra mile trying to recruit guys to coming to a consistently sub .500 team, rather than playing in the Super Bowl. No free agent wants to come here, so its either put up or shut up from Buddy. What will he do?

Training camp rosters increase to 90 this year. You are going to see a lot more free agent no names being signed all around the league.

No, if we don't sign a top notch FA in January then we're going to be way behind and not be able to sign anyone...its all because Ralph is so darn cheap and Littman is listed second on the front office roster. Its all a marketing stunt that Brandon cooked up to sell tickets to make it look like we are trying. Overdorf won't allowing signings of players with good knees they cost too much.

Did I hit all the usual points? :devil:

No, if we don't sign a top notch FA in January then we're going to be way behind and not be able to sign anyone...its all because Ralph is so darn cheap and Littman is listed second on the front office roster. Its all a marketing stunt that Brandon cooked up to sell tickets to make it look like we are trying. Overdorf won't allowing signings of players with good knees they cost too much.

Did I hit all the usual points? :devil:

So status quo at OBD. The genius of Brandon goinmg to work again. They must be expecting a loss in the season ticket base if they are starting that drill already.

They must be expecting a loss in the season ticket base if they are starting that drill already.

Why wouldn't they? 4-12 followed by 6-10. Out of the playoffs for all practical purposes by December ... again. Lack of sellouts, or even close to a sellout, the last few games of the season. Not even close to the playoffs for the last 12 years. OBD would have to be a group of complete morons to not think seasons will take another hit this year.

It is a tribute to the Bills fans spirit (or their stupidity, depending upon your view) that they sell as many as they will given the state of the team.

just saw on PFT that the lions may not be able to afford cliff avril, he sounds like just what the DR ordered for the bills.

I'm intrigued by Avril. I don't think his production would decrease if he were signed. Teamed on a line with Dareus and Williams, that'd be a scary line.

It'll be interesting to see what Detroit does. I'd offer that they have bigger problems in their secondary and that's where their investment may go if they decide not to resign Avril. They can generate a powerful pass rush with Suh, Williams and Fairley.

I'm intrigued by Avril. I don't think his production would decrease if he were signed. Teamed on a line with Dareus and Williams, that'd be a scary line.

It'll be interesting to see what Detroit does. I'd offer that they have bigger problems in their secondary and that's where their investment may go if they decide not to resign Avril. They can generate a powerful pass rush with Suh, Williams and Fairley.

i think it would be a huge addition, but at this point one can only hope. i would think the law averages says that the bills fortunes should change for the better and getting avril starts the process.