Do We Really Have That Many Holes

Clearly we need depth, but I don't see many positions of glaring weakness. OLB is a hole and maybe DE if we go 4-3, but what else? On offense another top WR would be nice and possibly an upgrade at QB, but I don't see either as a gaping hole. What are all these holes I keep hearing about?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

the only position on defense thaat they dont need is DT

the only position on offense they dont need is RB

OT is a gaping hole that most fans just dont want to admit or are delusional enough to think is a strength

WR is a huge need and an even bigger need if they dont resign Stevie

they could use a new head coach as well but that wont happen until next offseason unfortunately

4-12 and 6-10 is enough right there to say there are weaknesses. But QB is a glaring one. Look at the Jets, by all accounts a team that should challenge for at least the AFC championship. But their QB is underperforming (perhaps a bust) and they are out of the playoffs.

In my opinion the Bills are in serious need of:

QB (which they almost certainly won't get)

#1 WR

If they don't resign Johnson, a #2 WR.

A couple LB's

Depth everywhere.

and they could use:

OL

DL

Upgrade to DB.

Free agency created issues of depth and deficiencies at positions for all 32 teams. It's a constant exercise in bricklaying of veterans and rookies and the grout of UDFAs you fill in between them.

The nearly perfect, well rounded teams disappeared with the dawn of free agency.

Really?

OT is a gaping hole that most fans just dont want to admit or are delusional enough to think is a strength

they could use a new head coach as well but that wont happen until next offseason unfortunately

AHHHHHH! Stop! What is the matter with you? What does this line have to do for you to acknowledge that they had a good season? Pears played every snap at RT and played awesome! Bell was awesome at LT- now I'll admit he is injury prone- but then Hairston steps in as a rookie and they don't miss a beat! They were 4th in the NFL in YPC! They allowed the LEAST SACKS IN THE NFL! It is borderline troll-like of you to come on here and list offensive tackle as a need over wide receiver, let alone to list their tackle position as a "gaping hole." Please stop insulting a unit that played their asses off all season. The Bills need a freaking pass rush. They need to address that in two of the first three rounds. Thank you.

Oh and P.S. They are also good at safety. Perhaps that makes me delusional, I don't know.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Really?

Defense: Byrd, Barnett, Wilson, Kelsay(DE), A.Williams. All fine football players.

Offense: Stevie is good, Nelson is Good, Chandler is good, levitre is good, wood is good, urbik is good, pears held his own all year.

I'm not seeing holes at all but two positions. Elaborate please.

LB is full of holes.

D-line could use an end.

DBs can't be fully judged until pass rush improves.

O-line is a player away.

RB is solid

WR needs another playmaker, two if we lose SJ

QB can be better but not the train wreck some make it out to be.

So we aren't that far away.

PTR

LB is full of holes.

D-line could use an end.

DBs can't be fully judged until pass rush improves.

O-line is a player away.

RB is solid

WR needs another playmaker, two if we lose SJ

QB can be better but not the train wreck some make it out to be.

So we aren't that far away.

PTR

I count at least 5 starters in your list. How many successful drafts is that, assuming "build through the draft" is still in effect?

I count at least 5 starters in your list. How many successful drafts is that, assuming "build through the draft" is still in effect?

Just 5? Lets be realistic. No team has 22 pro bowlers starting.

On D: Wilson, Byrd, Dareus, Kyle Williams, Dwan Edwards for sure.

On O: Fitz, Jackson/CJ, Wood, Levitre, Chandler, SJ (if he stays). That's 11.

Now add Pears, Bell/Hairston, Urbik, Sheppard, Aaron Williams, Carrington/Spencer Johnson and Florence. That's 18 starters in my book.

PTR

Really?

I think this blurs the line between what is a hole and what would be nice. Help at db would be nice;OLB is a hole.

As far as OT, with Bell, Hairston, and Pears (assuming Bell resigns) I'd say an upgrade would be nice but I wouldn't consider that position a gaping hole.

Clearly we need depth, but I don't see many positions of glaring weakness. OLB is a hole and maybe DE if we go 4-3, but what else? On offense another top WR would be nice and possibly an upgrade at QB, but I don't see either as a gaping hole. What are all these holes I keep hearing about?

Seriously? :flirt: We've won 10 games - in the last 2 years.

Gotta be holes somewhere.

Edited by Hopeful

1325598082[/url]' post='2353087']

Really?

Please just go away, Pats* fan.

They're called injuries.

PTR

I've come to the conclusion that this team's main problem for the last 15 years is that it lacks a franchise QB. As much as I like Fitzpatrick and understand he had nothing to do with our pitiful defense, his fall from grace this season cemented my opinion that the Bills should give up what they have to go and get RG III. This team needs to stop with the nonsense and do it.

Once RG III gets here, you will find talented free agent defensive players begging to sign here for their chance to win a Superbowl with the Buffalo Bills. The time has come, we need to go all out to get our franchise QB.

Edited by 1billsfan

4-12 and 6-10 is enough right there to say there are weaknesses. But QB is a glaring one. Look at the Jets, by all accounts a team that should challenge for at least the AFC championship. But their QB is underperforming (perhaps a bust) and they are out of the playoffs.

In my opinion the Bills are in serious need of:

QB (which they almost certainly won't get)

#1 WR

If they don't resign Johnson, a #2 WR.

A couple LB's

Depth everywhere.

and they could use:

OL

DL

Upgrade to DB.

Agree with your posistion needs but to say the Jets were a qb away from competing for the AFC championship is dumb. They couldn't run the ball this year and their defense was mediocre at best,and they have no real WR threat.

AHHHHHH! Stop! What is the matter with you? What does this line have to do for you to acknowledge that they had a good season? Pears played every snap at RT and played awesome! Bell was awesome at LT- now I'll admit he is injury prone- but then Hairston steps in as a rookie and they don't miss a beat! They were 4th in the NFL in YPC! They allowed the LEAST SACKS IN THE NFL! It is borderline troll-like of you to come on here and list offensive tackle as a need over wide receiver, let alone to list their tackle position as a "gaping hole." Please stop insulting a unit that played their asses off all season. The Bills need a freaking pass rush. They need to address that in two of the first three rounds. Thank you.

Oh and P.S. They are also good at safety. Perhaps that makes me delusional, I don't know.

you describing either one of them as awesome says a lot

Pears is a backup on any other team but the Bills

defending the line bc they didnt give up sacks isnt a good argument when the majority of their pass attempts are 2 step drop and quick passes

the line isnt as good as some people think and needs a legit LT, if you dont see it then you dont see it

Edited by Max997

We really need a few players that make a difference (impact players). I am talking Pro-Bowl players that make big plays when needed. Winning teams have them, we do not.

Dareus could be one. Jackson/Spiller as well. Sometimes Bryd.

My take on our needs by priority

1. OLB - we need two of them and one of them needs to be an impact player that can get to the QB. We need two OLBs no mattter whether we play 3-4 or 4-3. BTW - I think we will play both. We need to use the draft and free agency. Our current OLBs are atrocious.

2. WR - we need speed at Wr. We need a true #1 with speed and reliable hands. Johnson is a very good #2 WR.

3. DE - Once again, someone that can get to the QB.

4. LT - Bell is ok when healthy, but he appears to be a player that cannot stay healthy. Expecting Hairston to carry the load is a dangerous proposition.

5. QB - I would change this to #1 if there is a QB like RG3 or Luck available. Fitz is a stop gap. We can address other positions rather than reach for a QB but we should not pass up one either.

6. TE - would love to see a new-era TE in a Bills uniform. I am talking about a large and fast super athelete, the new breed TE. Chandler is good but having a TE attack like the Pats* would be a great thing come November/ December in the Ralph.

Edited by Bob in STL