reggie wayne, bowe, mike wallace, robert mathis

The only guy I want from there is Bowe (not that I would't want Wallace, but he won't leave Pitt).

If Bowe comes though, we don't draft Blackmon/Floyd, and might not keep SJ13.

Give Fitz Bowe, SJ13, Chandler, a healthy Nelson, Parrish and another tight end and we would be good.

No chance at Mike Wallace. The difference between the bills and steelers is that the steelers keep their good players, while the bills create self-inflicted holes to fill during the draft. I would LOVE to get Mathis if we are going to a 4-3. Sign him for a 1-3 year deal, and let the younger players learn from him. Also, I don't understand why the Bills have this "build through the draft" BS mantra. If you draft players and let them go, then you have not "built through the draft."

To be competitive next year, we need (at a minimum): (1) to keep SJ; (2) to get a #2 reciever through the draft or FA; (3) get QB's, preferably Flynn and Dixon, or trade up for RG3; (4) get Mathis or someone similar who can provide 1-3 years of top level play while teaching the younger guys.

we go after some of these guys? I know we normally don't go after big name free agents, but I have a strange feeling we might be players this year to get playmakers, at least on offense, through FA to give Stevie some help on the outside. Any thoughts?

Any one of those guys makes sense. I vote for WR since they would help right away. The top 2 WRs in the draft will be gone by pick #10 and we don't need more development guys. We have twice as many as we will be able to keep next year when guys get healthy. Building through the draft is an excuse for we aren't trying to win. All avenues of bringing in talent should be explored including signing a big name FA.

I'm not saying go after every big name FA but you can't completely shut the door on it because they will cost money to bring in....oh...wait...forgot the mantra. Ralph is cheap. Ralph is cheap.

It would be funny to see them re-sign Stevie for 6-7m per year and then go sign V Jax for $9m per year and watch Stevie pout and cry for 5 years,

Vincent Jackson due to his relationship with Nix in San Diego and Bowe due to his relationship with Gailey in KC are my top two guys to look for.

SJ is ranked 19th in yards and 21st in TDs for WRs. Basically he would be a #2 WR on most of the teams in the league. I would pay him the $7.5 million a year he is asking for if there were clauses in his contract that would dock his pay if he gets penalties for celebrations.

Edited by PDaDdy

The only guy I want from there is Bowe (not that I would't want Wallace, but he won't leave Pitt).

If Bowe comes though, we don't draft Blackmon/Floyd, and might not keep SJ13.

Give Fitz Bowe, SJ13, Chandler, a healthy Nelson, Parrish and another tight end and we would be good.

Parrish????? He's bled this franchise for far too long... let's not let this charade continue, please.

v-jax just said recently he would be fine with being tagged again in SD and that he likes being there....hes not going anywhere

Id like ANY WR help, both through FA and the Draft

Meachem would be a nice deep threat, but comes with injury probs, Garcon would be a good add if possible...but we MUST lock up Stevie and spend a draft pick somewhere on a WR as well, otherwise the offense will take a step back

Mathis would be a godsend if we do go to a 4-3. He's not a fit in a 3-4.

Mike Wallace is the best deep threat in the league and is the type of receiver we really need to keep db's from sitting on the short stuff like they did all year.

That said I'll **** a brick if we are even mentioned to be interested in these guys, let alone if they agree to come here.

Wouldn't work out. Fitz would under throw him all day long.

we go after some of these guys? I know we normally don't go after big name free agents, but I have a strange feeling we might be players this year to get playmakers, at least on offense, through FA to give Stevie some help on the outside. Any thoughts?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No chance at Mike Wallace. The difference between the bills and steelers is that the steelers keep their good players, while the bills create self-inflicted holes to fill during the draft. I would LOVE to get Mathis if we are going to a 4-3. Sign him for a 1-3 year deal, and let the younger players learn from him. Also, I don't understand why the Bills have this "build through the draft" BS mantra. If you draft players and let them go, then you have not "built through the draft."

To be competitive next year, we need (at a minimum): (1) to keep SJ; (2) to get a #2 reciever through the draft or FA; (3) get QB's, preferably Flynn and Dixon, or trade up for RG3; (4) get Mathis or someone similar who can provide 1-3 years of top level play while teaching the younger guys.

Our "Hamster Wheel Draft" philosphy sucks. we can never build strictly thru the draft nor can any team in the league unless good players are re-signed or quailty FAs are picked up each year to fill holes.

I see the Bills staying with the build through the draft theme for the team . It would be cool to get a Mathis but with guys like Blakmon from OSU coming out & the chance to get a young player like that that will out last some of the veterans with that kind of upside for a lot less money i don't see us spending a bunch in FA .

Plus we already have enough guys on the team that need resigned because of there contracts running out spend the money on bringing Stevie , Chandler , Fred , & the O lineman with a host of others back before you go out & blow a bunch on FA !!!

I see the Bills staying with the build through the draft theme for the team . It would be cool to get a Mathis but with guys like Blakmon from OSU coming out & the chance to get a young player like that that will out last some of the veterans with that kind of upside for a lot less money i don't see us spending a bunch in FA .

Plus we already have enough guys on the team that need resigned because of there contracts running out spend the money on bringing Stevie , Chandler , Fred , & the O lineman with a host of others back before you go out & blow a bunch on FA !!!

we have zero chance of drafting Blackmon. I really like Sanu, and would like to see us sign SJ and draft Sanu