If Peyton Manning gets healthy and with Polian gone....

I think the Colts are going to draft Luck or RG3. If I was the Colts I would make RG3 the pick.

If they do pick a QB Mannings days are numbered.

If they choose to move on from Peyton , which to me is more likely now that Polian isn't there....

We do have the cap room...just thinking out loud.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Colts are going to draft Luck or RG3. If I was the Colts I would make RG3 the pick.

If they choose to move on from Peyton , which to me is more likely now that Polian isn't there....

Why would Peyton want to come here?

We would need to improve the line and the WR corp and give him far more control of the playcalling than Chan would tolerate

Archie would not allow it. We would have to be the last team interested.

no. i do not want to invest that kind of money into a guy that is in the twilight of his career and is coming off multiple neck surgeries.

I love the player but he'd make Bledsoe look like Michael Vick. IMO, you let a team like the Jets throw multiple picks at Manning. We need every pick we have to build an annual playoff team, not a flash in the pan 9-7 or 10-6 team.

Why would Peyton want to come here?

We would need to improve the line and the WR corp and give him far more control of the playcalling than Chan would tolerate

What?

Actually our O-line is better than the one he has at Indy.

Our running backs are much better than Indy's.

Add one solid veteran WR (Colston) to play with Stevie and we are legit. Heck, Chandler would catch 60 passes with Manning here.

Assuming Manning can play like the Manning of old.

What?

Add one solid veteran WR (Colston) to play with Stevie and we are legit. Heck, Chandler would catch 60 passes with Manning here.

I've said this for the year. The Bills are a better overall team than the Colts. However, Manning trumps everything. The Colts are a 1 man team.

What?

Agree with Bob on reason why Manning would want to come to Buffalo - the line appeared pretty solid and I think Manning would thrive on a quick release offense. He could not make as yards as Fritz did with his legs but he could make more yards with his arm. Pretty sure he would have more control of the offense like Jim Kelly did in Buffalo.

However Manning's salary is a burden to any team - it is _REAL_ easy for fans to claim to just spend the money when it is not their money (almost as easy as to B word which takes _NO_ effort) - so the Bills front office would have little margin when players were injured. Add to that possibility of another injury and signing Manning probably would not be economical for Bills.