Bills radio broadcasts

For the first time since I've been back in WNY (5 years) WGR had player interviews. Drayton Florence and Stevie J both had regular segments on the morning and afternoon shows respectively. I suppose it could happen, but I wonder if the Bills priced themselves out of their previous deal. Ratings/Ad revenue probably aren't that great either owing to the team's failures on the field.

this is unlikely to be a popular point of view, but i happen to enjoy pretty much everyone on wgr. for a market this size, i think we get a pretty good complement of talent and don't know why people hate the station so much. i don't necessarily agree with everything i hear, but it's still entertaining. to me, at least.

I do Bills games on the 97 Rock app on

my iPhone . It lets me have all the preseason

games and regular season ones when I am

unable to be at the Bills Backers Cafe. I even

listened to their pregame while driving from

the hotel to Qualcomm Stadium for the San

Diego game!!

I stopped listening when, hoping to hear sports talk, I tuned in and heard pantheon of chicken sh*t talk.

I know....

it could be a better station as the official Bills station though... a lot more access to players/coaches

It makes sense... But who knows, MSG being on cable in NY and Buffalo made sense too.

LINK. I guess things got too expensive for Cumulus radio.

There are only three major broadcast owners in Buffalo: Cumulus which owns 97 Rock among others, Entercom which owns WGR, WBEN, etc, and Townsquare that owns WBLK, WJYE, WYRK, etc. Entercom is the only serious contender in Buffalo. WHAM (Clear Channel) in Rochester once held Bills rights so they are a possibility.

But you know who I think may make a play for Bills rights?? Rogers in Toronto, owner of The Fan 590 among several others. The more I think about it the more sense it makes.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot