Buffalo Bills 2012 Opponents

Mark Vader

looks great, absolutely can't wait.

looking at the schedule, without factoring in divisional games, i would say 7 wins are in play.

a split within the division could have us in the playoffs.

This years playoffs haven't even started yet and Bills fans are counting the wins for next season and making playoff plans :)

Remember my friend, a lot of people here were thinking 8-10 wins this season.

But given this is year three of the ChaNix rebuild, and that on paper anyway it is an easier schedule than this season, demanding at least 8-8 is not unreasonable.

[ Man I just re-read this. How sad is it that 3 years in and 8-8 is all I want to hold them accountable for :( ]

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - thinkin road trip...

Away games, in order of desireability (at least until scheduling comes out)

San Francisco - Never been to a game there. Always love an ocean destination.

Indy - Never been to a game there. Driveable. Probably a little more sedate than San Fran

Cleveland - Was at the playoff game at the old stadium in 89, but haven't been to the new stadium yet. Historically some of the worst games ever are between these 2 teams. :ph34r:

Houston - Been there. Great time.

Phoenix - Been there twice.

Miami - Been there twice (including 5 weeks ago). Got this one beach and one bar that I love.

New York - Been there 3 or 4 times.

New England - Never been there, but would rather finally go when we have a shot at beating them.

OK - thinkin road trip...

Indy - Never been to a game there. Driveable. Probably a little more sedate than San Fran

Cleveland - Was at the playoff game at the old stadium in 89, but haven't been to the new stadium yet. Historically some of the worst games ever are between these 2 teams. :ph34r:

Indy - Was there back in 2001, first game after 9/11, it was still the RCA Dome back then. Stadium right downtown, took a bus trip with the Gowanda Bills Backers, I think some of those people didn't stop drinking from when we left late Friday till we got back late Sunday, got to meet Jeff Burris (thanks Cindy!). If you can get an extra day in the area, checkout the Speedway and downtown.

Cleveland - been there several times, but not the stadium. Located by the Rock N Roll HOF, and their Science Museum, both are good attractions. Other areas of downtown, eh.

This sucks.

I live in Seattle and was looking forward to going to the Bills game here next year.

If I can catch a 7:30 am flight out of Seattle to the East Coast and get in at 5:30 and get to my hotel by 7 and get up to be at a meeting at 8 am the next morning (5am West Coast time), these spoiled pansies could catch a non stop charter and travel across the country to play a game. Rich spoiled wimps.

End of wussification of America rant.

Yeah, I think this is a ridiculous ruling. Football teams have made multiple trips to the west coast many times.

Remember when the NFC West had Atlanta, Carolina & New Orleans in the division? They would have to travel to LA & SF all the time. But going out west more than once is too much for players to endure? Please.

I know it sucks for you not getting the Bills in Seattle, which is what was supposed to happen, but I hope you can make a trip down to SF next season.

Indy - Was there back in 2001, first game after 9/11, it was still the RCA Dome back then. Stadium right downtown, took a bus trip with the Gowanda Bills Backers, I think some of those people didn't stop drinking from when we left late Friday till we got back late Sunday, got to meet Jeff Burris (thanks Cindy!). If you can get an extra day in the area, checkout the Speedway and downtown.

Cleveland - been there several times, but not the stadium. Located by the Rock N Roll HOF, and their Science Museum, both are good attractions. Other areas of downtown, eh.

Y'know... Cleveland is only 4 hours away. That could be done in a day and not really count as my "road trip".

Y'know... Cleveland is only 4 hours away. That could be done in a day and not really count as my "road trip".

Which is one reason when they re-did the divisions, I think it should have been Buffalo, Pitt, Cleveland, and Cincy. It should/would have given 3 sellouts since fans could make an easy drive for away games.

Come on out to San Francisco. You could then say that you attended a game at Candlestick Park. Since the 49'ers will be getting a new stadium in a couple of years, it'll be the last time the Bills visit that stadium.

No offense, but I'd rather spend a day on the corner of Genesee and Bailey than go to a game at the Stick. I lived in the Bay Area for almost 20 years and saw many football and baseball games there. The word dump no longer even applies. The NFL should drop a bomb on the place and send another one to Hunter's Point just to make sure.

Yes, I was at the "no punt" game in '92. Even wore my Bills jacket. Took some heat, but it wasn't bad. We used to go "smoking" on the ramp where the cops would watch and laugh. It's quite a place.

Come on out to San Francisco. You could then say that you attended a game at Candlestick Park. Since the 49'ers will be getting a new stadium in a couple of years, it'll be the last time the Bills visit that stadium.

Miami, NY Jets, New England x2 - The Usual Nightmare Relived

Home

Jacksonville - If we can't beat the Jags at home, it's time for the fans to move to Toronto or LA

Tennessee - Beat Baltimore, lost to Indy. Which one shows up?

Kansas City - Will be looking for payback for Week 1 2011

St. Louis - Interesting matchup of two teams who overpaid for and are stuck with a franchise QB. Will be more interesting to see Blackmon in the pros

Seattle - If Bills are half as good as they played in the second half, its a W

Away

Houston - Not likely a win for a team that went 1-7 this year on the road

Indianapolis - First look at Luck. Won't matter in the long run, they committed the colossal sin of firing Bill Polian. W

Cleveland - It's a loss, probably in the winter. I don't want to talk about it...

Arizona - Competitive. Someone explain to me why we didn't snag Fitzgerald when the opportunity was there?

SanFrancisco - One hit wonder?

Lots of what if's for 2012. What Bills team will walk out of training camp next year?

Jacksonville, Tennessee, Seattle, St. Louis. Looks pretty ho-hum.

I'm not one of the pessimistic 0-16 doom-and-gloom types, but our home schedule is not all as rosy as it may appear - for a Bills team that hasn't stopped the run in years, a non-division home diet of JAX (MJD), TN (CJ2K), STL (SJax), KC (Charles) and SEA (Lynch, if he's back) is not all that appetizing....I was at the TN game this year, and despite being one of the biggest busts of the year, CJ2K (post-illness, lost weight and all, and with almost no passing game) shredded us for 153 yd and 2 TD. If these RB's and their teams are healthy, this is far from an easy schedule.

With the exception of STL, all those teams are mostly one-dimensional, so our biggest need for wins next year is improvement in the run D. That's where there's also the most room for improvement, so that's where a large free agent and draft priority must be - please make it so! And then home games will be a whole lot better to attend, and easier to sell tickets to.

No offense, but I'd rather spend a day on the corner of Genesee and Bailey than go to a game at the Stick. I lived in the Bay Area for almost 20 years and saw many football and baseball games there. The word dump no longer even applies. The NFL should drop a bomb on the place and send another one to Hunter's Point just to make sure.

Yes, I was at the "no punt" game in '92. Even wore my Bills jacket. Took some heat, but it wasn't bad. We used to go "smoking" on the ramp where the cops would watch and laugh. It's quite a place.

I'm not saying for people to come out and live there. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

With such a weak schedule, 10-6 should be the bare minimum acceptable for this team and that would be equivalent to 8-8 in most other seasons due to the schedule.

For the rebuilding to be considered "on schedule", the Bills would have to go 12-4 next season which is like 10-6 in most seasons.

Finally, to be "ahead of schedule" and "doing great", the Bills would need to win the Super Bowl.

Otherwise, you will know that Fitz sucks.

an EASY(ier) Schedule !!!!! :worthy:

16-0!!!

IMHO @ Home: I can see anywhere from 5-3 to maybe 7-1

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Miami

New England

New York Jets

Saint Louis

Seattle

Tennessee

Away: I can see 3-5 to maybe 2-6 if Manning is out of Indy.

Arizona W

Cleveland W

Houston L

Indianapolis * W

Miami L

New England L

New York Jets L

San Francisco L

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever