Florence "drilling" Brady into the ground...

What a joke of a call.

Brady takes a dive like a soccer player and the ref says he got "drilled" to the ground.

Brady should just have his own whole rulebook for refs to refer to when they're officiating Pats* games.

Edited by miserable_fan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was questionable, to say the least, but in the end, it didn't really matter.

It did matter. It moved the ball back 15 yards and affected the mojo at the point of the game. Why near the end of the game when Fitz got leveled after he threw the interception there was no penalty. Because the game is.........

That's the kind of call you get when the Ghost of Dick Jauron is the ref.

By the way, I am all for protecting the QB on pick returns. It's what ended Kurt Warner's career. But if you are a QB and are trying to make a tackle/chase down the interceptor, then you're fair game. Brady was fair game.

:devil: He is Jauron's zombie twin.

That's the kind of call you get when the Ghost of Dick Jauron is the ref.

By the way, I am all for protecting the QB on pick returns. It's what ended Kurt Warner's career. But if you are a QB and are trying to make a tackle/chase down the interceptor, then you're fair game. Brady was fair game.

LOL!

It did matter. It moved the ball back 15 yards and affected the mojo at the point of the game. Why near the end of the game when Fitz got leveled after he threw the interception there was no penalty. Because the game is.........

Because Fitz is not a good QB. No harm if he gets hurt. (Do not read that as I hope that Fitz gets hurt - I completely respect Fitz'

effort, intelligence and leadership)

49-21, 49 straight unanswered points, and all because of one penalty? No.

49-21, 49 straight unanswered points, and all because of one penalty? No.

Just because it didn't ultimately affect the final score doesn't mean it's not relevant. If Brady was a bystander 20 yards away its a good call. But he was in pursuit, and Florence shoved him. He didn't 'drive the quarterback into the ground" as the ref said. It's just a frustrating side note in the final game of a frustrating season that exemplifies the different set of standards that players and teams enjoy during the season.

What a joke of a call.

Brady takes a dive like a soccer player and Sterratore (spelling?) says he got "drilled" to the ground.

Brady should just have his own whole rulebook for refs to refer to when they're officiating Pats* games.

I've gotta side with Brady. The poor guy could have broken a :censored: fingernail!

:oops:

Just because it didn't ultimately affect the final score doesn't mean it's not relevant. If Brady was a bystander 20 yards away its a good call. But he was in pursuit, and Florence shoved him. He didn't 'drive the quarterback into the ground" as the ref said. It's just a frustrating side note in the final game of a frustrating season that exemplifies the different set of standards that players and teams enjoy during the season.

I guess it's called the "China Doll" rule.

I'm more frustrated with the fact we gave up 49 unanswered points.