Shutdown Corner's "Hidden Pro Bowlers"

TPS

I knew you were pre- 2001 but doesn't your post count reflect only since 2001?

I am pretty sure that Scott had to return to backup at some point since 03 when I joined, because I know I had a 1000+ posts more than currently credited. I think the board was Rosened in 04 or 05 IIRC. That all said, the notion of post counts just shows how much of a diversion we need. Tom and Darin definitely use this board much more than the average, between Tom's multiple personalities and Darin's hatred of Democrats.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare you post a sensible viewpoint. Rookies and second year players should be in their 2nd & 3rd pro bowls respectively...they should also be 2 & 3 years from 1st ballot entry into Canton

In 2007, the Bills picked 3 players that saw significant playing time, including a 3rd round pick that was billed as the best QB in Buffalo since Jim Kelly. 6 of the 7 draft picks made the team and a couple of the later round picks saw plenty of snaps on special teams. Looked like a great draft and was heralded as such by the end of the 07 campaign.

5 years later, not a single one of those 7 picks are still with the Bills. (4 of the picks are still in the NFL and 1 has had an outstanding year for his second team.)

Is the 2011 draft the foundation of something good? Only time will tell.

I thought for sure we'd get SOMEONE in the Pro-Bowl this year. But, then again, this just goes to show how bad our injury bug was. All of our Pro-Bowl players are injured. I think that tells you something.

Andy Levitre did not get injured, and if any O-lineman from the Bills deserved serious consideration for the Pro Bowl it was him.

I'm surprised that the person who wrote the article mentions Pears but not Levitre.

Pro football weekly or someone did a review of our potential probowlers. I read this on Rumblings or somewhere today. Maybe is was a chris brown snippet.

But Levitre was mentioned, Byrd and Jackson.

I agree about Andy for a number of reasons. His starting record is what 47 starts? His play has been excepetional at guard and continues to improve. He held his own while being suddenly transplanted to tackle. He gave alot of effort at center and beside the snapping issue he was decent with his blocking. I dont think the ballots can deny our team next year.

And heck maybe it's just as well we dont get too much attention