Bills Pick #10

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume his point is that Barnett was not retained by a Super Bowl Champion. Meaning he was not a "starter" on a "good" team.

Yes, he is for sure one of our best linebackers. But by implication, that suggests that we dont have a "good" team or "good" linebackers.

His point is an opinion at best. Barnett was let-go because the Packers won a SB with a younger and cheaper player. They just as easily could have won with him.

In the 3-4? Seriously? ALL FOUR Linebackers need to be replaced. they are all backups on good teams. Take the best pass rushing LB in the draft!

Isn't it a touch early to pass judgement on Sheppard? He's doing well for a rookie third-rounder.

If we win where does that put us?

First off I think the OP is incorrect the few sites I have been on have the Bills slotted in for the 11th pick. Buffalo can pick anywhere from 9-13 depending on various outcomes. The games that affect slotting are as follows.

# in front of team is their current pick

9. Carolins @ N.O. - N.O. is still playing for a bye so they will prob try to win this game

10. KC @ Den - Tebow vs. Orton no way the league lets Tebow lose this game and not make the playoffs (yup I said it)

11. Buf @ N.E. - Pats* still playing for something here

12. Ari vs. Sea - 2 7-8 teams and one will have to win I think Sea will

13. Phi vs. Wash - I think Phi wins this game big

14. Sea @ Ari - see above

15. SD @ Oak - SD has a harder strength of schedule so this game doesn't matter as even with a Buffalo win SD would still be behind the Bills

16. Chi @ Min - see above and Chi will prob win this game anyway

Picks 12-16 are held by teams that are 7-8. SD and Chi both have harder S.O.S. so it doesnt really matter what they do. Ari and Sea play each other so one of them has to win. If the Bills lose with a KC and Car win (both highly unlikely) they would move back to the 9th pick and the win against the Broncos wouldn't have cost them anything (in regards to a draft pick).

to take my previous post one step further... The bills can move ahead of KC even if they both lose due to the closeness of the strength of schedule.

uncommon opponents

KC - Det, Min, Ind, Pit, Chi, GB

Buff - Cin, Phi, NYG, Wash, Dal, Ten

when looking at the schedule for KC's teams Det and GB play each other so that game is a wash as well as Chi and Min. that leaves Ind @ Jax and Pit @ Cle - I have a feeling that will be a split leaving there uncommon opponents at 3-3 for the week. To get ahead of them we need to do better than that.

Buff has 2 games that are a wash as well in Phi vs. Wash and NYG @ Dal. That leaves Cin vs Balt and Ten @ Houst. If cincy and Ten both lose (very possible) our strength of schedule will become worse than KC and move us ahead of them in the draft order (assuming we either both win or both lose this weekend.

So in summary root for Ind, Pitt, Balt, and Houston to improve our draft spot ahead of KC. Hope this helps and wasn't to confusing. :thumbsup:

There is not a DE or LB worth taking in the top 15 what we should do is trade up with either the Rams, Vikings or Jaguars & draft Robert Griffin III & start looking at the future there are 4 good WR that have top 10 value but you can always find value LB,DE & WR in later rounds but your not going to find player like RG3 every draft

We can't keep ignoring that since Jim Kelly we haven't had a franchise QB, just look at all the playoff team other than the 49RS all have franchise QB & if we want to be a contender you have to take chances & trading this years one, 2013 one & escond in 20014 is worth the risk, you keep playing safe your never going to succeed

I hate the strength of schedule rules. It's a double-penalty. You get the tougher draw in-season, so you get a worse draft pick because you weren't necessarily as bad as the team that played worse against lesser competition?

I wish they would just do a lottery for the top-ten already and eliminate this stupidity.

LB

WR

OT

In that order.

There's the FA and the draft. But it's most important to add talent, one way or another to those three units first. Another defender to play with his hand in the dirt is NOT a priority.

Bring back Stevie AND Roscoe AND get THE BEST WR available in FA or the draft.

Add as much talent and depth to the LBs and OTs as possible.

If we bring back Stevie and Roscoe and get Colston or Bowe in FA and if Easley pans out(he did look good in the preseason before he got hurt) there is really not a huge need at WR.

I think we go heavy on D again this yr. Would like to see them get the best pass rushing LB on the board 1st round. They need to shore up that D.

If we bring back Stevie and Roscoe and get Colston or Bowe in FA and if Easley pans out(he did look good in the preseason before he got hurt) there is really not a huge need at WR.

I think we go heavy on D again this yr. Would like to see them get the best pass rushing LB on the board 1st round. They need to shore up that D.

Courtney Upshaw of Alabama OLB is the best available but he 1s rated below 10th some have him below the 15th pick, Quinton Coples N. Carolina DE is the Highest Rated DE as a top 5 prospect but isn't rated as a top 10 pick

We need to move up a Draft RG3 I know I am beating a dead horse but there is not player at are pick in my opinion worth taking & moving down isn't going to benefit you so moving up is the best option & everybody things the Rams are sold on USC OT Matt Kalil well don't Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St or Alshon Jeffery WR S. Carolina could be who they are eyeing, so moving down would be their best option it would be a win, win

Courtney Upshaw of Alabama OLB is the best available but he 1s rated below 10th some have him below the 15th pick, Quinton Coples N. Carolina DE is the Highest Rated DE as a top 5 prospect but isn't rated as a top 10 pick

We need to move up a Draft RG3 I know I am beating a dead horse but there is not player at are pick in my opinion worth taking & moving down isn't going to benefit you so moving up is the best option & everybody things the Rams are sold on USC OT Matt Kalil well don't Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St or Alshon Jeffery WR S. Carolina could be who they are eyeing, so moving down would be their best option it would be a win, win

RG3 is fools gold. He will be a bust.

We don't have a shot at #7...We go as high as pick 8 or to the 11th pick...

Games this week:

We want Miami over Jets, KC over Denver, Carolina over Saints. Also, Cleveland beating Pitt and Baltimore beating Cincy would help with tie breaker with Miami...

Good Analysis...KC over Denver and Baltimore over Cincy is possible. Rest appears a little more tougher....A #9 pick again?

There is not a DE or LB worth taking in the top 15 what we should do is trade up with either the Rams, Vikings or Jaguars & draft Robert Griffin III & start looking at the future there are 4 good WR that have top 10 value but you can always find value LB,DE & WR in later rounds but your not going to find player like RG3 every draft

We can't keep ignoring that since Jim Kelly we haven't had a franchise QB, just look at all the playoff team other than the 49RS all have franchise QB & if we want to be a contender you have to take chances & trading this years one, 2013 one & escond in 20014 is worth the risk, you keep playing safe your never going to succeed

Bills wont have to trade that high for rg3> Of the teams listed above bills, only washimgton has a need at qb. Also, the Bills will be a 43 next year with darious and williams in the middle> This will move barnett inside and sheppard outside with moats 3rd down and batten 1and2 downs.

bills are banking on healthy easley as well so you wont see a wr at 1st. also, the secondary has been their strength> Pass rush is priority> they need best de possible in 1st round> 2nd olb and third wr or te.

when was the last time bills spent big money on fa other than to. also, i would love to see evans back: he and stevie played well together. and provides depth at wr. imagine a five of johnson, evans, parrish, nelson, easley.

also can bills afford levitre and wood. personally, levitre is everybit as good as wood. with less injuries.

Not sure if it is playing safe or just some bad choices during the draft. This team is so devoid of talent/depth/strength & conditioning/QB/pass rusher (the list goes on...).

The Bills record these past 11 years speaks for itself...and don't be surprised if 2012 is the last year of CHNIX & company where the coaching carousel continues to spin like a wheel stuck in mud. If past coaching actions are any indication, anything less than .500 next year will likely mean Chan will be out another cycle of "rebuild" with the new coaches "guys" starts again.

If we can get Devier Posey the WR from Ohio St...that would be incredible.....I want Zach Brown in the first Rd

No Thanks. We desperately need a pass rush...A DE or Pass Rushing OLB....We were fine with our WRs at the beginning of the season, especially if Wood and Jackson come back from their injuries..It will open the passing game again.

First off Barnett is the best LB we have had on this team in quite some time...To say he needs to be replaced is ridiculous. Now I doubt this is solely due to losing Barnett, but look how bad the Packers D has been this year. Their offense is obviously amazing, but they have really struggled on D.

I don't care where we draft, I want to enjoy watching the game like I did against the Broncos. Great players are taken all over the 1st round, not just the top 10. Aaron Rogers went 18th I believe, Brees in the 2nd, Revis 14th...

A great OLB would be sweet obviously, I'm not sure I see any that great in this draft though. A top WR could really help this team as well.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Not sure if it is playing safe or just some bad choices during the draft. This team is so devoid of talent/depth/strength & conditioning/QB/pass rusher (the list goes on...).

The Bills record these past 11 years speaks for itself...and don't be surprised if 2012 is the last year of CHNIX & company where the coaching carousel continues to spin like a wheel stuck in mud. If past coaching actions are any indication, anything less than .500 next year will likely mean Chan will be out another cycle of "rebuild" with the new coaches "guys" starts again.

" playing safe or just some bad choices" its both