Draftek Mock #6

Draftek Mock:

1.9 OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268

2.42 DE Jared Crick 6'4" 285

3.71 QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 ( :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

4.104 WR A.J. Jenkins 6'0" 187

4.122 CB Leonard Johnson 5'10" 195

5.136 LOT Dallas Thomas 6'5" 301

My Mock:

1. OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268 - This is arguably the best player on the nation's best defense against scoring (7.1 ppg), rush (51.9 ypg) & total defense (181.4 ypg), and is second to Whitney Mercilus in tackles for loss. Upshaw can defend the run and rush the passer, and I believe he will be an even better pass rusher from the OLB position because blockers will have a tougher time getting in his way.

2. OLB Nick Perry 6'3" 250 - The Michigan native is very quick and limber coming off the edge and gave opposing offensive tackles fits as a situational pass rusher. Perry is your prototypical hybrid with the ability to get penetration on passing downs either with his hand on the ground or in a two-point stance.

3. CB Donnie Fletcher 6'1" 198 - registering 58 tackles and eight passes broken up, including five interceptions to lead the team. He's seen plenty of time on the field, appearing in all 40 games of his career and starting half of them. He does appear to have the size, instincts, ball skills and toughness needed.

4. WR Jeff Fuller 6'3" 215 - Has showed that he is not scared to use his big body to his advantage against opposing corners. He likes to get into opposing corners faces, which usually led them on their backs. His hands aren’t just skilled, they are huge, because of his size and skilled hands he is close to unstoppable in the red zone. Had some injury issues that dropped his draft stock.

4. DE Dave Kruger 6'5" 290 - Very Tenacious like his brother Paul of the Ravens. Takes on double teams well and can get into the backfield to disrupt plays.

5. TE Philip Lutzenkirchen 6'4" 253 - Eight of the 22 catches have gone for touchdowns. Simply put, he's one of the top red-zone weapons in the SEC. You'd think the book would be out on him by now, but it's not. He keeps finding wide open spaces whenever the Tigers need points.

6. OT Tony Bergstrom 6'5" 315 - Has been selected All-Pac-12 First Team for the 2011 college football season as selected by the Pac-12 head football coaches. Leads Utah with an 85% overall grade, winning 491 of 579 assignments.

7. NT Johnathan Jenkins 6'3 351 - Big Physical DT who can push the pile and take up double teams, isn't much different than linemate Kwame Geathers who is rated on of the top NT prospects in the country.

^^^

No doubt, If we are actually going to a use 34 we seriously need some heat on the outside.

Don't like tannehill?

i cant see us taking any small wide rec or corners for awhile. " we need to get bigger on the field" so your picks might be closer to want we really should draft. I am going to loook into the NT for sure. thanks

Tannehill rocks but Ralph seems set against a QB so I got our big CB instead.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I dont know Ralph is really Set at qb, there is little chance i suspect he would ever say it in public. I bet Whaley has his eye on someone to at least put a fire under Ryan on the The board. And for our future.

Nice picks. I wish we would draft olb highest and back up with potential stud fa if Merriman cant run. gotta get better quick on this position.

My Mock:

1. OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268 - This is arguably the best player on the nation's best defense against scoring (7.1 ppg), rush (51.9 ypg) & total defense (181.4 ypg), and is second to Whitney Mercilus in tackles for loss. Upshaw can defend the run and rush the passer, and I believe he will be an even better pass rusher from the OLB position because blockers will have a tougher time getting in his way.

2. OLB Nick Perry 6'3" 250 - The Michigan native is very quick and limber coming off the edge and gave opposing offensive tackles fits as a situational pass rusher. Perry is your prototypical hybrid with the ability to get penetration on passing downs either with his hand on the ground or in a two-point stance.

3. CB Donnie Fletcher 6'1" 198 - registering 58 tackles and eight passes broken up, including five interceptions to lead the team. He's seen plenty of time on the field, appearing in all 40 games of his career and starting half of them. He does appear to have the size, instincts, ball skills and toughness needed.

4. WR Jeff Fuller 6'3" 215 - Has showed that he is not scared to use his big body to his advantage against opposing corners. He likes to get into opposing corners faces, which usually led them on their backs. His hands aren’t just skilled, they are huge, because of his size and skilled hands he is close to unstoppable in the red zone. Had some injury issues that dropped his draft stock.

4. DE Dave Kruger 6'5" 290 - Very Tenacious like his brother Paul of the Ravens. Takes on double teams well and can get into the backfield to disrupt plays.

5. TE Philip Lutzenkirchen 6'4" 253 - Eight of the 22 catches have gone for touchdowns. Simply put, he's one of the top red-zone weapons in the SEC. You'd think the book would be out on him by now, but it's not. He keeps finding wide open spaces whenever the Tigers need points.

6. OT Tony Bergstrom 6'5" 315 - Has been selected All-Pac-12 First Team for the 2011 college football season as selected by the Pac-12 head football coaches. Leads Utah with an 85% overall grade, winning 491 of 579 assignments.

7. NT Johnathan Jenkins 6'3 351 - Big Physical DT who can push the pile and take up double teams, isn't much different than linemate Kwame Geathers who is rated on of the top NT prospects in the country.

I'd have no problem with the Bills taking 2 OLB's, although I do think Batten is the real deal. Kruger is a particularly good value.

My Mock:

I'd have no problem with the Bills taking 2 OLB's, although I do think Batten is the real deal. Kruger is a particularly good value.

I dont know Ralph is really Set at qb, there is little chance i suspect he would ever say it in public. I bet Whaley has his eye on someone to at least put a fire under Ryan on the The board. And for our future.

Nice picks. I wish we would draft olb highest and back up with potential stud fa if Merriman cant run. gotta get better quick on this position.

Why wouldn't Ralph say he needs a Q-back? he did it as recently as 2008. When he defended DJ. Also, why would Whaley's opinion override anyone YET? I haven't heard of any promotion or anything at all out of Whaley. I took the old mans statements yesterday as truth. Historically he does what he says. He just doesn't do it well (see:Ryan Fitzpatrick) Why would ralph hold any cards back? he's not that smart. Don't worry though we will bring back Levi brown for fodder, because he "knows the system". Also, Gaileys man love for pigpen is well known.

We need OLB's whether Merriman comes back as all world or not. In fact I have no problem with cutting him today.We need way more than locker room leadership from a washed up roid experiment gone haywire and pulling down 2-3 mil per season for what? Barnett would have signed with out Merriman. No one was looking at him but us.

Astro why do you feel Batten is the real deal? That is significant note. I do not think i have noticed Danny as much as i might have hoped.

As far as Whaley. i can see him being groomed to take over Buddy sooner than later and already giving strong input for the future. Just a guess.

Astro why do you feel Batten is the real deal? That is significant note. I do not think i have noticed Danny as much as i might have hoped.

As far as Whaley. i can see him being groomed to take over Buddy sooner than later and already giving strong input for the future. Just a guess.

I would really like to understand how Batten was good enough to play early in the year and now he can't even play a single snap on defense.

I don't see how him and Moats couldn't suplant the ineffectivness that is Sp. Johnson as an OLB (he should be battling against OGs and not OTs).

The times we get beat on outside runs are from misdirection and not because we can't seal the edge.

Regarding the draft, if we get Hightower and Crick in the first two rounds it would be simply amazing. Thanehill will go a lot earlier than the 3rd round if Jones and RGIII don't come out.

I would really like to understand how Batten was good enough to play early in the year and now he can't even play a single snap on defense.

I don't see how him and Moats couldn't suplant the ineffectivness that is Sp. Johnson as an OLB (he should be battling against OGs and not OTs).

The times we get beat on outside runs are from misdirection and not because we can't seal the edge.

Regarding the draft, if we get Hightower and Crick in the first two rounds it would be simply amazing. Thanehill will go a lot earlier than the 3rd round if Jones and RGIII don't come out.

Unfortunately, Moats is playing in all obvious passing situations so he is seeing a lot of snaps. You just don't notice him. Batten is apparently perceived as a worse pass rusher than Moats and a worse run defender than S Johnson so he is seeing limited playing time. When he was playing more earlier in the year (when Kelsay was hurt) I thought he looked pretty shaky. If a player's biggest improvement comes from year 1 to year 2 then Batten looks to be a backup / ST player at best.

Unfortunately, Moats is playing in all obvious passing situations so he is seeing a lot of snaps. You just don't notice him. Batten is apparently perceived as a worse pass rusher than Moats and a worse run defender than S Johnson so he is seeing limited playing time. When he was playing more earlier in the year (when Kelsay was hurt) I thought he looked pretty shaky. If a player's biggest improvement comes from year 1 to year 2 then Batten looks to be a backup / ST player at best.

Yes, Moats is seeing more playing time lately, it seems all he does is bullrush the opposition, last year he made life difficult to some of the OTs he faced, kind of dissapointing. I know Batten wasn't all world when he started, but how is he going to get better without continuity? My idea was that between Batten and Moats could unseat the ever struggling Sp. Johnson as a linebacker. Every offensive coach will try to take advantage of that huge mismatch.

I liked Batten too but he has done zip this year so with him and most of the 2010 draft I'm done with small school guys unless they are genetic freaks in the 7th round.

Tannehill will be gone way before the 3rd.

True but I'll be stoked if we take him.