Draftek Mock #6

Draftek Mock:

1.9 OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268

2.42 DE Jared Crick 6'4" 285

3.71 QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 ( :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

4.104 WR A.J. Jenkins 6'0" 187

4.122 CB Leonard Johnson 5'10" 195

5.136 LOT Dallas Thomas 6'5" 301

My Mock:

1. OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268 - This is arguably the best player on the nation's best defense against scoring (7.1 ppg), rush (51.9 ypg) & total defense (181.4 ypg), and is second to Whitney Mercilus in tackles for loss. Upshaw can defend the run and rush the passer, and I believe he will be an even better pass rusher from the OLB position because blockers will have a tougher time getting in his way.

2. OLB Nick Perry 6'3" 250 - The Michigan native is very quick and limber coming off the edge and gave opposing offensive tackles fits as a situational pass rusher. Perry is your prototypical hybrid with the ability to get penetration on passing downs either with his hand on the ground or in a two-point stance.

3. CB Donnie Fletcher 6'1" 198 - registering 58 tackles and eight passes broken up, including five interceptions to lead the team. He's seen plenty of time on the field, appearing in all 40 games of his career and starting half of them. He does appear to have the size, instincts, ball skills and toughness needed.

4. WR Jeff Fuller 6'3" 215 - Has showed that he is not scared to use his big body to his advantage against opposing corners. He likes to get into opposing corners faces, which usually led them on their backs. His hands aren’t just skilled, they are huge, because of his size and skilled hands he is close to unstoppable in the red zone. Had some injury issues that dropped his draft stock.

4. DE Dave Kruger 6'5" 290 - Very Tenacious like his brother Paul of the Ravens. Takes on double teams well and can get into the backfield to disrupt plays.

5. TE Philip Lutzenkirchen 6'4" 253 - Eight of the 22 catches have gone for touchdowns. Simply put, he's one of the top red-zone weapons in the SEC. You'd think the book would be out on him by now, but it's not. He keeps finding wide open spaces whenever the Tigers need points.

6. OT Tony Bergstrom 6'5" 315 - Has been selected All-Pac-12 First Team for the 2011 college football season as selected by the Pac-12 head football coaches. Leads Utah with an 85% overall grade, winning 491 of 579 assignments.

7. NT Johnathan Jenkins 6'3 351 - Big Physical DT who can push the pile and take up double teams, isn't much different than linemate Kwame Geathers who is rated on of the top NT prospects in the country.

The only thing I'm sure of is that both of these Drafts will be better than what The Bills will actually do come April... B-)

Draftek Mock:

1.9 OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268

2.42 DE Jared Crick 6'4" 285

3.71 QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 ( :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

4.104 WR A.J. Jenkins 6'0" 187

4.122 CB Leonard Johnson 5'10" 195

5.136 LOT Dallas Thomas 6'5" 301

My Mock:

1. OLB Courtney Upshaw 6'2" 268 - This is arguably the best player on the nation's best defense against scoring (7.1 ppg), rush (51.9 ypg) & total defense (181.4 ypg), and is second to Whitney Mercilus in tackles for loss. Upshaw can defend the run and rush the passer, and I believe he will be an even better pass rusher from the OLB position because blockers will have a tougher time getting in his way.

2. OLB Nick Perry 6'3" 250 - The Michigan native is very quick and limber coming off the edge and gave opposing offensive tackles fits as a situational pass rusher. Perry is your prototypical hybrid with the ability to get penetration on passing downs either with his hand on the ground or in a two-point stance.

3. CB Donnie Fletcher 6'1" 198 - registering 58 tackles and eight passes broken up, including five interceptions to lead the team. He's seen plenty of time on the field, appearing in all 40 games of his career and starting half of them. He does appear to have the size, instincts, ball skills and toughness needed.

4. WR Jeff Fuller 6'3" 215 - Has showed that he is not scared to use his big body to his advantage against opposing corners. He likes to get into opposing corners faces, which usually led them on their backs. His hands aren’t just skilled, they are huge, because of his size and skilled hands he is close to unstoppable in the red zone. Had some injury issues that dropped his draft stock.

4. DE Dave Kruger 6'5" 290 - Very Tenacious like his brother Paul of the Ravens. Takes on double teams well and can get into the backfield to disrupt plays.

5. TE Philip Lutzenkirchen 6'4" 253 - Eight of the 22 catches have gone for touchdowns. Simply put, he's one of the top red-zone weapons in the SEC. You'd think the book would be out on him by now, but it's not. He keeps finding wide open spaces whenever the Tigers need points.

6. OT Tony Bergstrom 6'5" 315 - Has been selected All-Pac-12 First Team for the 2011 college football season as selected by the Pac-12 head football coaches. Leads Utah with an 85% overall grade, winning 491 of 579 assignments.

7. NT Johnathan Jenkins 6'3 351 - Big Physical DT who can push the pile and take up double teams, isn't much different than linemate Kwame Geathers who is rated on of the top NT prospects in the country.

Really like Fuller and Kruger selections, and I like the selection of OT later on. Some mocks show us taking OT as early as RD1, and I just don't think that's going to happen. Happy New Year! -Astro

Got to take an OT in round 1 or 2. O line is 1 or 2 players from being a top 3 NFL line. QB of the future can wait until next year.

Reiff in the 1st or Adams (Ohio St) in the 2nd.

Edited by SoulMan

I would really like to understand how Batten was good enough to play early in the year and now he can't even play a single snap on defense.

I don't see how him and Moats couldn't suplant the ineffectivness that is Sp. Johnson as an OLB (he should be battling against OGs and not OTs).

The times we get beat on outside runs are from misdirection and not because we can't seal the edge.

Regarding the draft, if we get Hightower and Crick in the first two rounds it would be simply amazing. Thanehill will go a lot earlier than the 3rd round if Jones and RGIII don't come out.

He's going higher than that whether Jones or RGIII come out or not.