No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

Jauronimo

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20111221/NEWS01/111221024/Police-stop-Greece-man-allegedly-taking-injured-deer-Unity-Hospital?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

You try to do something nice and you get screwed over. Damn bureaucratic red tape, a life was at stake!

Seriously, how drunk do you have to be for this to even cross your mind, let alone act on it? I mean, its not like the deer has insurance.

That article is really poorly written. What exactly is the link between taking the deer to the hospital and driving while intoxicated? Was he drinking beforehand or soemething? What exactly led the officer to suspect he was drunk?

Anyway, it's actually a good thing he got cited here...that way he won't ever try this again with regard to the deer. As much of an animal lover as I am, it's REALLY dumb to mess with an injured deer. There was a case near where I lived in Rochester where a man did something similar. The deer freaked, and his hoof ended up slicing open the man's jugular. You should never try to pick up an injured deer unless you are 100% sure it's a goner.

That article is really poorly written. What exactly is the link between taking the deer to the hospital and driving while intoxicated? Was he drinking beforehand or soemething? What exactly led the officer to suspect he was drunk?

Anyway, it's actually a good thing he got cited here...that way he won't ever try this again with regard to the deer. As much of an animal lover as I am, it's REALLY dumb to mess with an injured deer. There was a case near where I lived in Rochester where a man did something similar. The deer freaked, and his hoof ended up slicing open the man's jugular. You should never try to pick up an injured deer unless you are 100% sure it's a goner.

That makes no sense. If it was a goner why would you bring it to the hospital anyway? I guess if you felt really bafd you could bring it to the morgue or a funeral home.

That makes no sense. If it was a goner why would you bring it to the hospital anyway? I guess if you felt really bafd you could bring it to the morgue or a funeral home.

You want to make sure he's dead before you bring him to the hospital so you can freak out the nurses.

If anyone knows of someoen who attended Honeoye Falls-Lima HS outside Rochester, there is an instructor there named Mr. Moore (don't recall his first name). Anyway, this guy taught a class that most people took cause it was an easy A, but also because it was just a lot of fun and very interesting. This guy lived off the land and was really into road kill. He would talk about picking dead animals up and bringing them home to eat, as long as they were relatively "fresh". Anyway, I'm still grossed out by this, but one day he came in and started talking about how excited he was because the night before he had the chance to finally try the "tail meat" of some animal that I can't remember. He was goign into detail about how disappointed he was because it ended up being "really fatty" and not very tasty :doh:

But the rest of the time he taught us how to make jerky, candles, survival kits, and things like that...interesting dude.

But yeah, don't touch the deer unless he's dead. Trust me.

Edited by ajzepp

You want to make sure he's dead before you bring him to the hospital so you can freak out the nurses.

If anyone knows of someoen who attended Honeoye Falls-Lima HS outside Rochester, there is an instructor there named Mr. Moore (don't recall his first name). Anyway, this guy taught a class that most people took cause it was an easy A, but also because it was just a lot of fun and very interesting. This guy lived off the land and was really into road kill. He would talk about picking dead animals up and bringing them home to eat, as long as they were relatively "fresh". Anyway, I'm still grossed out by this, but one day he came in and started talking about how excited he was because the night before he had the chance to finally try the "tail meat" of some animal that I can't remember. He was goign into detail about how disappointed he was because it ended up being "really fatty" and not very tasty :doh:

But the rest of the time he taught us how to make jerky, candles, survival kits, and things like that...interesting dude.

That sounds like one weird dude. You should interview him for your web show.

Hairy bikers did a show on road kill. Looked pretty good actually.