Drayton Florence's coverage

Talley56

Florence has taken a lot of criticism and it has been well deserved. But what did everyone thing of the TD pass to Brandon Marshall in the 3rd quarter? I know, why dwell on one play? I only ask because we debated this at the Bills bar I was at. I personally felt like Florence covered him as well as anyone could have and Matt Moore just threw a perfect pass. Even someone like Revis, IMO, could not have done any better in coverage. So what's the verdict, good pass or poor coverage?

Florence has taken a lot of criticism and it has been well deserved. But what did everyone thing of the TD pass to Brandon Marshall in the 3rd quarter? I know, why dwell on one play? I only ask because we debated this at the Bills bar I was at. I personally felt like Florence covered him as well as anyone could have and Matt Moore just threw a perfect pass. Even someone like Revis, IMO, could not have done any better in coverage. So what's the verdict, good pass or poor coverage?

I completely agree. He was with him step-for-step and the ball was dropped in there perfectly. His pursuit kinda blew, but the coverage was good.

The coverage may have been adequate but he did not make a play on the ball to knock it down or intercept it. That is the problem with the Bill's DB's, they do not make plays on the ball. Covering the player is only half the battle.

Lastly, the DB's for the Bills are not aggressive enough with players off the line. Players like Marshall need to be disrupted at the line.

The coverage may have been adequate but he did not make a play on the ball to knock it down or intercept it. That is the problem with the Bill's DB's, they do not make plays on the ball. Covering the player is only half the battle.

Lastly, the DB's for the Bills are not aggressive enough with players off the line. Players like Marshall need to be disrupted at the line.

He did try to make a play on the ball. It was out of his reach.

He faintly whined to the ref for a push off even though Marshall never touched him. Loser. He had no chance on that play though.

Having said that, he is terrible. From what I've seen, since McGee went down, Justin Rogers has been the only corner doing anything out there.

Also, did anyone notice Florence's coverage on one of the first Miami punts? He pretty much just moved to one side and gave the rusher a clear line to the returner.

And forgetting his horrible play, he seems to chirp more than anyone else out there. And I've never seen anyone swat away the ball as much as he does when they should be going for the pick. Between him and McKelvin, we must have two of the dumbest players in the league.

Edited by QB Bills

the coverage wasnt great but wasnt awful...the bigger problem is not making a play on the ball or the freaking tackle

I used to defend Florence but its time to move on

Florence has the same problem as half the team; he's a backup caliber player in a starting role.

:thumbsup: He has a cool, distinctive, name, so I think people are enamored with him more than his play warrents. He was on his way to becoming a "journeymen" before he came to Buffalo, likely for a reason. Five disappointing seasons with the Chargers, and then one very disappointing season with Jacksonville.

To the OPs point, it is true, Florence was with the receiver stride for stride, it was just a perfect pass...

Edited by Buftex

:thumbsup: He has a cool, distinctive, name, so I think people are enamored with him more than his play warrents. He was a "journeymen" before he came to Buffalo, likely for a reason.

Yes, it's the name. It's no wonder everybody's clamoring to bring back Peerless Price. After all, they need a deep threat.

I can't believe I'm defending Florence, but he's not even in the discussion, in my opinion, about this team's biggest problems. There are many, many scapegoats to go around.

That was a good pass..Overall i starting to think maybe its not really our players that is playing poor.. It has to do with edwards, his play calling is a fail

under throw and over throw

Haha, thanks. Let me clarify: Somewhere not in a Bills receiver's hands.

Our DBs are decent. The problem is that we have no pass rush to disrupt the passing game so the QBs have the time to sit back there and then make a perfect throw. DBs cannot cover a good WR for that long if the QB is completely untouched, they will get picked apart like they have all season. How many times has one of our DBs been right with the receiver but the QB drops the ball in perfectly? I remember atleast a half dozen highlight reel bombs against us where the DB is in position but just gets beat. We need pass rush desperately.