Case Keenum, QB - University of Houston

major

I do expect our Bills to take a QB in the later rounds, to groom behind Fitz. If I'm correct, would you pick up Case Keenum, QB Houston? He threw for 5099 yards and had 45 td's and 5 int's this season alone. He's 23 years old though.

He played in the same conference JP did so a lot of that was against tomato cans. He's short for a QB as well

He's listed at 6'2. Don't know if he's a legit 6'2 or an exaggerated 6'2. However, while not the prototypical size for an NFL QB, I wouldn't call him short.

110% YES... i love this kid.. if we cant get a top 3 QB hes the best of rest.. im sick of hearing the bozo post about tannenhill... keenum is the mid round guy to get if we dont land a top tier QB. keenum plays as a "system" qb but our offense is alot like a college "system" offense.. he has the height and ive watched every game he played this yr.. can make all the throws and kid is a gamer.. came back from a MAJOR injury and almost had a perfect season.. broke almost every record out there and hes no timmy chang or colt brennan.. has the size and leadership skills and is a better version of a kellen moore with less publicity.. im 100% sure after sitting a yr under fitz he can take over the reigns in 2013 and be a legit starter in gailey's offense.. gailey's O is much more similar to a college spread offense which is similar to what Keenum played in and wouldnt fit into a conventional O but would fit in PERFECTLY to gailey's system.. only problem i see.. if we have another crap yr, knowing our recent history, i dont think gailey gets a 4th yr if he has 3 bad yrs especially after the expectations after this team started so hot...

GREAT POST

I'd rather have Robert Griffin 3 or Landry Jones. And if that kid in Miami comes out then him over case as well.

We need a sexy QB with crazy talent to get the Ralph filled again.

First stop is to resign Stevie.

Edited by JTO

No more mid- or late-round QBs. If a premiere QB is there in the first, then take him. If not, then focus somewhere else.

Keenum's numbers are all system. I suppose you would've drafted Tommy Chang as well.

Have we picked up a huge number?

No more mid- or late-round QBs. If a premiere QB is there in the first, then take him. If not, then focus somewhere else.

Keenum's numbers are all system. I suppose you would've drafted Tommy Chang as well.

He's not timmy chang... he has the size and is a REAL leader... i pray we get barkley or RG3 but it may be very hard if we arent in top 6 or 7... after those guys, i would even rather keenum than jones... keenum can all ALL nfl type throws.. ive watched EVERY game he played his yr.. he suits Gailey's offense perfectly.. hes a much more polished and mature than the bulk of the other guys and our offense is as close to a college spread as there is.. u cant just put him under center in a conventional offense.. but in shotgun spread which WE USE.. he fits in perfect and would free us up to draft D.. dont get me wrong i want RG3 or barkley, but unless we lose out, they probably wont be around when we are selecting.. keenum is better than the 2nd tier QB's like tannenhill who had tons of weapons and still couldnt win.. that bonehead guy who is constantly posting about this loser is off his rocker.. Fuller, coming into yr was a lock for a top 5 WR and had a terrible yr in part due to tannehill.. we re-sign stevie and get another WR, we have a solid TE in chandler and a very good slot guy in nelson and 2 RB's and draft some depth like hairston again on oline and our offense is instantly better. we need to go back to a 4-3 and put Wanny at D coordinator and we arent that far away from a good D especially if we can get 2 pass rushers.. 1 at DE and 1 at OLB which there are alot gonna be available..

He played in the same conference JP did so a lot of that was against tomato cans. He's short for a QB as well

Exactly. I have no confidence in a guy that plays on a classless team that runs up the score every week against Div 2 level talent.

We have Case Keenum ranked #18 among the QB's we think will come out.

We have him as a RD7 or UDFA.

That said, I like Keenum better than Darron Thomas of Oregon, but not as much as Kirk Cousins of Michigan State and Boise State's Kellen Moore. The simulator often picks Moore in RD4 for the Bills.

No. Levi Brown was supposed to be "groomed", so was Brian Brohm. Neither has worked out. They were both promising college prospects, and neither one are in the league. You can say the same for Dan Lefevour who was another highly touted Bills fan "want".

Stick with Thigpen as a backup. The Bills aren't in a position to waste draft picks on "projects", especially at QB. They made their bed as far as QB goes, now they just need to lie in it. They need players. Draft someone that can fill a gap in the depth chart sooner than later.

I'd rather have Robert Griffin 3 or Landry Jones. And if that kid in Miami comes out then him over case as well.

We need a sexy QB with crazy talent to get the Ralph filled again.

First stop is to resign Stevie.

From Miami? You mean Jacory Harris? Please, don't make me LMFAO buddy. That kid is a HEAD CASE. Trust me, you don't want to touch him in any round. He's a more spoiled and tempermental version of Vince Young. -Minus the arm strength. I'll take Lamar Miller off Miami's hands though. That kid runs like a quarter-horse. With Freddy getting up there, and Spiller sucking. we'd do well to solidify the run game in rounds three or four.

110% YES... i love this kid.. if we cant get a top 3 QB hes the best of rest.. im sick of hearing the bozo post about tannenhill... keenum is the mid round guy to get if we dont land a top tier QB. keenum plays as a "system" qb but our offense is alot like a college "system" offense.. he has the height and ive watched every game he played this yr.. can make all the throws and kid is a gamer.. came back from a MAJOR injury and almost had a perfect season.. broke almost every record out there and hes no timmy chang or colt brennan.. has the size and leadership skills and is a better version of a kellen moore with less publicity.. im 100% sure after sitting a yr under fitz he can take over the reigns in 2013 and be a legit starter in gailey's offense.. gailey's O is much more similar to a college spread offense which is similar to what Keenum played in and wouldnt fit into a conventional O but would fit in PERFECTLY to gailey's system.. only problem i see.. if we have another crap yr, knowing our recent history, i dont think gailey gets a 4th yr if he has 3 bad yrs especially after the expectations after this team started so hot...

GREAT POST

What ever, if you think Keenum is better than Tannehill you are the Bozo mr. I watch all the games and have all the packages. A&M ran a lot of Spread and shotgun but RT can't do it here and CK can? Right. You act like I'm in love with RT but your man crush for CK is blinded but huge rose Colored Glass. You must be one of those guys that think there are all these hidden stars down in the small schools. There is some but Keenum ain't one.

I hope we pick Tannehill in the second just to piss you off but then you will be cheering him on when he is running and throwing for touchdowns for us. QBs that can extend plays like Roethlisbeger, Newton and Tebow will be winners in this League and RT and RG3 will be the next to do it.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

What ever, if you think Keenum is better than Tannehill you are the Bozo mr. I watch all the games and have all the packages. A&M ran a lot of Spread and shotgun but RT can't do it here and CK can? Right. You act like I'm in love with RT but your man crush for CK is blinded but huge rose Colored Glass. You must be one of those guys that think there are all these hidden stars down in the small schools. There is some but Keenum ain't one.

I hope we pick Tannehill in the second just to piss you off but then you will be cheering him on when he is running and throwing for touchdowns for us. QBs that can extend plays like Roethlisbeger, Newton and Tebow will be winners in this League and RT and RG3 will be the next to do it.

the answer is RG3 or barkley and the problem is we probably wont be able to get either.. WASTING a 2nd on tannenhill when we need so much other help is useless.. id rather guys use a later pick on a QB and use fitz for another yr and get a solid pass rusher in 2nd round.. tannenhill will never amount to anything. hes totally useless.. do u give him rim jobs or something?? we have so many other needs and QB should be addressed in 1st round if possible. We need a QB that actually wins games, not just talented. id rather kirk cousins that tannehill if we were to waste a 2nd rounder on a QB. but i dont like him either.. 2nd round HAS to be a pass rusher. if we dont get RG or barkley i have no problem with a draft thats all D and throw in a mid round OL. WR should be addressed thru FA not draft.. we have enough kids at WR and this best yr in a while for a WR in free agency. i'm no fitz fan but i dont see any upgrade unless we can find a way to land RG or barkley.. ive never been a fan of losing out but this yr i kinda hope we do cuz he desperately need a real QB .. where we will be draft is crucial.. i even think Jones would be a good fit even though i'm not his biggest fan but im sick of QB's that we used higher picks on that dont win games that we drafted on "talent". JP and edwards had all the "tools" but were not winners. same goes for ur boyfriend tannehill.. keenum probably wont be the ANSWER but id rather take a flyer on him in late rounds and draft D.. if e re-sign stevie and freddy we have a solid foundation on offense with an emerging TE a great slot guy and hopefully a FA compliment to stevie..

Stick with Thigpen as a backup. The Bills aren't in a position to waste draft picks on "projects", especially at QB. They made their bed as far as QB goes, now they just need to lie in it. They need players. Draft someone that can fill a gap in the depth chart sooner than later.

This. The Bills can't keep having projects at QB every 4 years, which is why they extended Fitz.

Shore up the DBs and pass rush first. If Keenum is available after the defense is addressed, then go for it. Otherwise, don't worry about the QB right now.

the answer is RG3 or barkley and the problem is we probably wont be able to get either.. WASTING a 2nd on tannenhill when we need so much other help is useless.. id rather guys use a later pick on a QB and use fitz for another yr and get a solid pass rusher in 2nd round.. tannenhill will never amount to anything. hes totally useless.. do u give him rim jobs or something?? we have so many other needs and QB should be addressed in 1st round if possible. We need a QB that actually wins games, not just talented. id rather kirk cousins that tannehill if we were to waste a 2nd rounder on a QB. but i dont like him either.. 2nd round HAS to be a pass rusher. if we dont get RG or barkley i have no problem with a draft thats all D and throw in a mid round OL. WR should be addressed thru FA not draft.. we have enough kids at WR and this best yr in a while for a WR in free agency. i'm no fitz fan but i dont see any upgrade unless we can find a way to land RG or barkley.. ive never been a fan of losing out but this yr i kinda hope we do cuz he desperately need a real QB .. where we will be draft is crucial.. i even think Jones would be a good fit even though i'm not his biggest fan but im sick of QB's that we used higher picks on that dont win games that we drafted on "talent". JP and edwards had all the "tools" but were not winners. same goes for ur boyfriend tannehill.. keenum probably wont be the ANSWER but id rather take a flyer on him in late rounds and draft D.. if e re-sign stevie and freddy we have a solid foundation on offense with an emerging TE a great slot guy and hopefully a FA compliment to stevie..

YAWN :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Keenum needs to be picked up by us in the late rounds, after other needs have been addressed. After watching him pick apart Penn State's defense in the Ticket City Bowl, I'm convinced he can handle NFL defenses. Screw Tannehill and pick Keenum.