Case Keenum, QB - University of Houston

major

No more mid- or late-round QBs.

Why not? It's worked for NE for years as a low-risk, low-cost system of building a backup - they pull in a couple late round guys and UDFA they like and let them fight it out, the best one stays.

Next year, same thing. It resulted in what, 11-5 under Cassel? Worked pretty good for GB as well wouldn'tcha say?

The trick is you don't count on that guy to become "The Man". You have to do this every year as a Darwinian selection process and evaluate what you've caught. If the guy turns out to be Cassel, and gets you some higher draft picks, you smile. If he turns out to be Flynn and helps you to the playoffs or the #1 seed in the playoffs, you grin. If he turns out to be Brady, you laugh all the way to the bank. If he turns out to be caca, toss him back in the pond and pull out a couple new fish next year. He's the backup, or the 3rd string, you weren't counting on him.

I get it that many here want the Bills to go for The Man, the guy we count on, and I agree - mid or late round is not the high probability place to find That Guy.

I don't know much of him but i want a winner ! By looking at his stats he looks like he has been productive but as others have said if he hasn't played against good competition then what are good stats just cake dressing they mean nothing !! plus he got wooped in his bowl game !!

I would like to see us take Weedon . A lot of talking heads say he to old but hey there are guys out there that have produced way into their late 30's in the NFL , look at Ray Lewis Jerry Rice played for 20 yrs so just because he is a late bloomer i don't think that should go against him it just means he's more mature .

Weedon is my pick second round or preferabley the later the better !!!!

I'd rather have Robert Griffin 3 or Landry Jones. And if that kid in Miami comes out then him over case as well.

We need a sexy QB with crazy talent to get the Ralph filled again.

First stop is to resign Stevie.

NO. They need to win to get the Ralph filled again.

I do expect our Bills to take a QB in the later rounds, to groom behind Fitz. If I'm correct, would you pick up Case Keenum, QB Houston? He threw for 5099 yards and had 45 td's and 5 int's this season alone. He's 23 years old though.

110% and this is more a reality than anything.. him or a kellen moore type...not one yr wonders.. look at dalton.. and even look at flynn and what he did at lsu and was a 7th rounder who beat out a2nd rounder in same yr (brohm for any of u that can bear to hear that name!).. thats tough to do when u both come into camp and the other guy was a 2nd rounder and ur a 7th... usually these guys get cut, or on practice squad and he WON back up job and when he got his chance to play, he broke a packers record... dont care if its 1 game, he did things favre, starr and rodgers havent done and he was playing with mostly 2nd unit guys... and that was a game that detroit needed.. thats not an easy job.. he made himself a very rich man cuz of that game with what someone will pay him.. i wish he would but thats not realistic.. our FO is too stupid and stubborn not see what is GLARING, fitz is AN AWESOME backup... help with game planning and so on, like having a QB coach as a backup. and can fill in and do the job if u go down... i would die to see us sign flynn but it wont happen... that will say fitz can get it done and problem is he can get us to playoffs but we will never be a contender.. im rather be a contender and pay the right guys.. draft will be heavy od D.. i think they sign solid but not "top guy" out there for a WR, like a meachem, or laurent robinson dont think we will pay bowe kinda guy if we re sign stevie which we MUST do... base offense around 2 RB's and 2 good WR and hopefully resgin chandler cuz was great red zone threat and as yr went on he became a much better 3rd down type TE and made a few nice 20 yarders. draft and sign a OL... and draft heavy duty D... MUST get pass rusher in 1st.. and stick with winners.. guy like upshaw would be perfect.. hes just an athlete and can do whatever u need.. we got dareus and shepp last yr who were leaders of those 2 D's in title game this yr, but more of those guys in 2nd and 3rd like a hightower who declared.. and sign a vet FA agent to be other corner next to williams.. our safeties are fine and searcy is good depth there.. we really arent that far away.. with those moves we can be playoff caliber team but a real QB could make us contenders..

i see us drafting mid round QB, i cant stand the post for tannehill and those guys... u can get winner later, hes jsut talented and underacheived in win loss column and had weapons.. i dont care about his talent, i like guys like dalton who was one of winniet QB's in college history.. didnt act like a rookie.. granted, he made some rookie mistakes, but learned from them and never seemed lost like guys like JP and edwards did.. dont forget, edwards and JP were "talent" picks, neither were winners.. edwards final yr in stanford they won like 1 game,.. hes used to losing.. i say draft a keenum or maybe moore is he lasts till 3-4th but no QB b4 that..

Another QB, who will be avaible that can be diamond in rough and 1 thing i know about win is hes a winner and leader.. is greg mcelroy.. for a 3rd string 7th round pick to go out and talk in public and know he will get cut cuz of remarks but truly doesnt care cuz he was disgusted by what he saw in jets takes balls of steel... this kid led alabama, one of highest pressure QB jobs in country and was solid.. i would love to see him brought in which would be realistic cuz its cheap, hes from jets, and is a WINNER. im so sick of hearing guys with potential.. i want guys that know what winning feels like so when they lose, they are pissed and come out next week with an edge.. i cant stand seeing them shake hands after a game.. if i busted my ass and gave 110% and got creamed, dont know about u, but id be embarassed, but go on twitter to talk about something irrelevant.. i love what taylor did from steelers.. pure class.. and genuinely felt like he let down city of pitt and steeler nation but didnt transfer blame or bad mouth teammates.. he said, " i had worst day of my career, and im sorry for letting down steeler nation " .. id take guys like that anyday. only prima donas on team can be a goofball like stevie but they must resign him with heavy fines for 15 yarders he gets..

No. Levi Brown was supposed to be "groomed", so was Brian Brohm. Neither has worked out. They were both promising college prospects, and neither one are in the league. You can say the same for Dan Lefevour who was another highly touted Bills fan "want".

Stick with Thigpen as a backup. The Bills aren't in a position to waste draft picks on "projects", especially at QB. They made their bed as far as QB goes, now they just need to lie in it. They need players. Draft someone that can fill a gap in the depth chart sooner than later.

There is a HUGE depth gap---at backup QB. Thigpen simply sucks. Keenum isn't a system Qb. He's solid. In mid to late rounds, he would be a a good value.

I do expect our Bills to take a QB in the later rounds, to groom behind Fitz. If I'm correct, would you pick up Case Keenum, QB Houston? He threw for 5099 yards and had 45 td's and 5 int's this season alone. He's 23 years old though.

If you take a QB in the later rounds (after the 1st and *maybe* the 2nd), it is not to "groom" them to

become a starter. If a QB has obvious starting potential, he'll be off the board by the middle of round

2 at the very latest. If a QB lasts past that, it means that every team in the league thinks the guy has

*some* redeeming qualities and might be a good backup. If the guy turns into a good starting QB, it

isn't because he was "groomed" into it, it is because the team got very lucky in the draft.

Don't think for a minute that the Patriots drafted Tom Brady in round 6 with the idea of grooming him

to be Bledsoe's replacement. He was targeted to be a backup/camp arm. When he got there, they

realized that they had gotten lucky and he was better than they thought.

I am a big fan of the "draft a QB in round 6/7 every year" mentality. You dont expect those guys to make it anyway, and you always need a young QB. So I wouldnt have a problem taking Keenum, but my opinion is that he wont make it in the NFL.

JUST DO NOT TAKE A RB IN ROUND 1.