Roscoe is healthy...

Dopey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roscoe and Fitz and Chan had something going for awhile. I believe that the little speedster was important to the play calling with our quick pass style.

When he was on the field he was an asset and we had a better team.

Because he has been imjured so much i do not see us keeping him unless we sign him to a pay for play contract. we do not need any more KR/PR imo.

I will miss him actually. But he is gone i bet. Then most likely will stay healthy and perform better than ever for another team. ( Jets? )

Roscoe is small. Welker is also small. Why can't Roscoe be more like Welker?

Because size is just one of many things which make a player successful. There are dozens of variables, some physical and some mental.

On top of that, Roscoe and Welker aren't really physically similar anyways. Welker's more thickly built and has a lower center of gravity.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Knowing how the Bills operate, they'll probably bring him back and let Johnson walk.

I cannot believe they would consider that. Then again...... But,in Roscoe's defense he probably has less clutch drops that Stevie.

The love for Johnson who has zero big game winning catches (not that he hasn't had the chances) always amazes me. 9 million a year? Sorry.

just sayin

Anyways, Roscoe always gave 100%.

Because of his build, he will always be challenged to stay healthy.

He was the best punt returner to ever play for the Bills, IMO… and what separates him from wannabes like Spiller and McKelvin is that Roscoe is completely, totally fearless.

I've seen dozens of times where Roscoe fielded the punt without a fair catch with a gunner bearing down on him.

I'll always feel warmly about Roscoe and wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Soooo... he breaks his wrist after falling eight feet out of the air then he sustains a bad ankle injury, but he's always getting hurt because he's small...

Yup.

And we should part ways with him in spite of the fact of how well he was working in Chans system last year, and in spite of the fact he's one of our most sure-handed receivers...

Yup.

Why should he retire? He lost dignity with you for being injury prone? Why would the Bills fans be honored if he retired a Bill, what would that mean to anyone? This post is absurd.

How dare you call my post absurd sir!! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!!

Seriously dude...I am entitled to my own opinion. Lay off :nana:

Soooo... he breaks his wrist after falling eight feet out of the air then he sustains a bad ankle injury, but he's always getting hurt because he's small...

Yup.

And we should part ways with him in spite of the fact of how well he was working in Chans system last year, and in spite of the fact he's one of our most sure-handed receivers...

Yup.

Well he is injury prone at this point, but that is no reason not to sign him on the cheap and get him back in camp next year. He is a weapon in this offense when healthy, and that alone is worth giving him a shot. Whose roster spot does he take up...one of the scrub WR's who shouldn't even be on a 53 man NFL roster, yup, big loss there :x

I love how half the threads here are about the lack of talent on the team and then you have people indigent over the suggestion they not resign an over-the-hill punt returner to play WR. :lol:

Apples and oranges!

Your attempt to build a strawman by labeling Roscoe an over the hill punt returner COMPLETELY ignores the fact that he's more talented and has proven more than Jones, Easley, Roosevelt, Aiken, Smith, that shmo who was our second leading receiver last week, and any other non-first pick or street bum on our roster now or in the future,

Also, he's 29. Not exactly Father Time out there.

Edited by The Big Cat

Anyways, Roscoe always gave 100%.

Because of his build, he will always be challenged to stay healthy.

He was the best punt returner to ever play for the Bills, IMO… and what separates him from wannabes like Spiller and McKelvin is that Roscoe is completely, totally fearless.

I've seen dozens of times where Roscoe fielded the punt without a fair catch with a gunner bearing down on him.

I'll always feel warmly about Roscoe and wish him the best wherever he ends up.

I feel the same way about Roscoe being the best punt returner we've had cuz in the time that I've been a fan he's pretty much been the ONLY punt returner we've had... I also remember Jim Leonhard being decent too but that didn't last too long...

And I also remember a guy we had on special teams named Josh Stamer... I loved that dude... If they ever make a movie based on the game God of War he should definitely play the role of Kratos... But as far as the topic at hand, I love Roscoe for how he makes us Bills fans at least have "hope" of a punt return and has us saying "Let's go Roscoe, bring this one back" when he's back there about to return... With spiller and whoever else is there I'm just like "come on, don't fair catch it too close to the 1 yard line"

Apples and oranges!

Your attempt to build a strawman by labeling Roscoe an over the hill punt returner COMPLETELY ignores the fact that he's more talented and has proven more than Jones, Easley, Roosevelt, Aiken, Smith, that shmo who was our second leading receiver last week, and any other non-first pick or street bum on our roster now or in the future,

Also, he's 29. Not exactly Father Time out there.

What exactly has he proven? 7 years, 134 receptions. Hell, even Brad Smith will exceed Roscoe's career average of 19 catches per season.

Time to queue up the endless excuses.

Unfair to stereotype. Some of the affluent board members want Roscoe back too.

:lol: Good catch.

What exactly has he proven? 7 years, 134 receptions. Hell, even Brad Smith will exceed Roscoe's career average of 19 catches per season.

Didn't realize the numbers were that bad. I've got all the respect in the world for a little dude like Roscoe who chooses football as a profession, but it's time to cut ties now that his marketable skill (returning) is moot.

Didn't realize the numbers were that bad. I've got all the respect in the world for a little dude like Roscoe who chooses football as a profession, but it's time to cut ties now that his marketable skill (returning) is moot.

Oh yea, because our kick return game is just awesome. Now that Roscoe isn't returning kicks. Brad Smith couldn't hold Roscoe's jock or any of the other returners for that matter. Including a certain over paid water bug.

:lol: Good catch.

Sure a "seven" year career. <_< That's counting this year (two games) and the half season he played last year, when he was on pace for 66 catches.

Over the hill? Or in his prime?

Time to queue up more thwarted stats to make your point.