Kelvin Sheppard

Wagon Circler

I am surprised to see all these positive articles about Kelvin sheppard. I guess there isn't much good news with this team.

I have been watching him very carefully these last few games and think he has been absolutely awful.He overpersues and gives up cutback lanes. Anyone else agree?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised to see all these positive articles about Kelvin sheppard. I guess there isn't much good news with this team.

I have been watching him very carefully these last few games and think he has been absolutely awful.He overpersues and gives up cutback lanes. Anyone else agree?

"Awful" is probably a bit too strong, in my opinion. He's played like a rookie.

Agreed with GOBILLS

"Absolutely awful" is extreme. He's a rookie playing on a shaky defense that has 4 other rookies starting/playing. We've seen worse from our LBs and Im optimistic he'll improve as he gets comfortable. He was the heart and soul of a top tier LSU defense. Once he decides to take over, and we get him a little help at OLB, I think we'll have quite a LB.

Someone on this site suggested Mike Mayock become GM for the Bills. After the Sheppard pick, Mayock said Sheppard projected as a reserve in the NFL.

He also said Gabbert would be a better QB than Cam Newton. I wonder if he still thinks that. It'll be interesting to hear his commentary about Gabbert tonight.

GO BILLS!!!

Physically looks tough but in pass coverage he looks slow and lost and always gets tied up with blockers. He is no Poz, that is for sure.

Physically looks tough but in pass coverage he looks slow and lost and always gets tied up with blockers. He is no Poz, that is for sure.

Sounds strangely like how Poz performed in the 34 for the Bills last season.

GO BILLS!!!

That actually sounds EXACTLY like the way people described Poz before he left. Only thing missing is "makes all his tackles 5yds past the LOS".

I have tried to focus on his play, and I agree that he does not look good. Slow, out of position and does not match up well in coverage. I understand that he is a rookie, so hopefully his play will improve, but I have my doubts.

The Bills staff coached Sheppard at the Senior Bowl and really liked him… they obviously got a good close-up look at him.

He was considered the leader of the LSU defense.

On the downside, while the Bills characterized him as a sideline to sideline defender, some scouting reports felt that his movement skills were very average.

Like with many players, it could be one of these deals where he has to fit the system and role.

It looks to me like he's been getting better but I don't think he's ever gonna be a 3-down linebacker.

He got beat bad on a few counter runs the last two weeks. When matched up on the TE he is getting worked in pass coverage. His speed isn't bad and he is tackling fairly well when he gets in front of the guy. He's not a guy I want starting next year.

He got beat bad on a few counter runs the last two weeks. When matched up on the TE he is getting worked in pass coverage. His speed isn't bad and he is tackling fairly well when he gets in front of the guy. He's not a guy I want starting next year.

Again, he's a 3rd round pick rookie. What were you expecting year 1?

Again, he's a 3rd round pick rookie. What were you expecting year 1?

He could develop into a really good player… who knows for sure?

At the time he was drafted I liked Mason Foster better as an ILB but I think I wanted the Bills to draft Luke Stocker (Tennessee TE) with that pick.

I don't know how either of those players is doing though.

He could develop into a really good player… who knows for sure?

At the time he was drafted I liked Mason Foster better as an ILB but I think I wanted the Bills to draft Luke Stocker (Tennessee TE) with that pick.

I don't know how either of those players is doing though.

I think Sheppard starting says two things. They feel he is good enough and has enough upside to start. The second thing it probably says is that he is the best we have to offer anyway.

I think Sheppard starting says two things. They feel he is good enough and has enough upside to start. The second thing it probably says is that he is the best we have to offer anyway.

And LB isnt like the QB position where if you start him too early you might break him. He needs as many reps as possible to develop. Keep him in and let's see how he does with a full camp next year.