Bears WR Sam Hurd

JoeF

Hurd hit authorities' radar in July when a confidential informant told police that a man was attempting to obtain four kilograms of cocaine for an unknown buyer in the Dallas area. That man was later stopped by police with $88,000 in a canvas bag. He said that the car and the money belonged to Hurd. Police confiscated the money, and Hurd later contacted authorities trying to get the money back.

Beerball seems to be keeping very quiet about this.

:ph34r:

Unfortunately for the NFL, I think this is about to become a very big deal.

If names make it public and it's the volume of players I'm hearing might be involved-- it could be VERY embarrassing. with a trial coming, names will likely be a part of the evidence to show distribution regardless of the crazy volume making it a given.

This won't quietly disappear or be put on the back burner ala Cincy.

Hurd hit authorities' radar in July when a confidential informant told police that a man was attempting to obtain four kilograms of cocaine for an unknown buyer in the Dallas area.

What, they just can't say "Michael Irvin" now?

If names make it public and it's the volume of players I'm hearing might be involved-- it could be VERY embarrassing. with a trial coming, names will likely be a part of the evidence to show distribution regardless of the crazy volume making it a given.

This won't quietly disappear or be put on the back burner ala Cincy.

I don't see how the NFL avoids the whirlpool of trouble from having one of Chicago's largest drug operation kingpins on one of its football teams. This could be the NFL's version of the Pittsburgh drug trials.