Is Ralph or other people in the Bills FO racist?

mike oxhurtz

Thanks for the information and a good post. I don't agree with the OP, or his exact sentiments, but there is a lot of evidence for professional sports teams- I'm not saying the Bills, necessarily- signing white players to draw attendance. If any of you follow the NBA, the Pacers were seen, including by major news outlets like ESPN, as having a predominantly white team to appeal to the fan base. I'm not saying that Buffalo is racist in the way they handle their signings. Nevertheless, it is undeniable that sports franchises, particularly in blue-collar, predominantly white regions, have a financial interest in signing white players.

I agree with what you are saying. I am not pointing to anyone here, but I know that there are a lot of Bills fans who would have flipped out if the Bills had drafted Cam Newton, for instance. And, there might have been valid concerns about how well he would do in the NFL. But, I also think there are fans in Buffalo who would have a hard time accepting a black QB. I don't mean to imply that this is only Bills fans...I think that would hold true in a number of NFL cities. Winning tends to make folks not see color, but getting over that hurdle at the outset can be difficult.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when people make spelling errors in ignorant posts...

There's also a definite punctuation correlation. The number of consecutive exclamation points or question marks normally correlates positively with the stupidity of said post.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

I think it speaks volumes that the "professionals" at WGR troll message boards for material. Your post is more of an indictment of Howard Simon than the Bills FO. :thumbsup:

No, I prefer that they, as the professionals with greater access, inform us and give the fans good topics to talk about. As opposed to having us do their work for them…

I just think pulling crap from message boards is lame and lazy.

I think it's good that sports radio jocks take the time to lurk or participate on fan forums.

I agree that it shouldn't absolve them of doing other things but it's certainly a way to connect to the fan base and it's an earnest attempt to get the mood of the community.

Besides that, there are so many knowledgable sports fans in these forums that no matter how informed a sports personality may think he/she is, there's always something to be learned by reading at these sites.

And it beats the hell out of the other crap that these supposed sports talk shows waste their time on (movies, gossip, etc).

I think it's good that sports radio jocks take the time to lurk or participate on fan forums.

I agree that it shouldn't absolve them of doing other things but it's certainly a way to connect to the fan base and it's an earnest attempt to get the mood of the community.

Besides that, there are so many knowledgable sports fans in these forums that no matter how informed a sports personality may think he/she is, there's always something to be learned by reading at these sites.

And it beats the hell out of the other crap that these supposed sports talk shows waste their time on (movies, gossip, etc).

I hear you, and Im not staunch in my stance here. In real life, it was more of an eye-roll at the entire thing.

I definitely agree with your last two paragraphs and that is mostly why I dont listen to sports radio and just come to the board.

I love when people make spelling errors in ignorant posts...

There's also a definite punctuation correlation. The number of consecutive exclamation points or question marks normally correlates positively with the stupidity of said post.

Thanks for recognizing my use of an ellipsis and not consecutive punctuation. :thumbsup:

Edited by Erik Flowers

I think you're on to something. They signed white guys Eric Moulds, Takeo Spikes, and Lee Evans to huge deals, and they let black guys like Paul Pozluszny walk.

and overpaid two safety's in the same offseason making them the highest paid safety's in the NFL at the time in Troy Vincent and Lawyer Milloy. What about that white guy, Sam Adams?

Sure it is, but its spelled ellipse, and doesn't have anything to do with punctuation.

An "ellipse" is different from an "ellipsis"; the former is a geometric curve, and the latter is a form of punctuation, which you used.

An "ellipse" is different from an "ellipsis"; the former is a geometric curve, and the latter is a form of punctuation, which you used.

No **** sherlock - you misunderstood - I said elipse is a word, but it's spelled ellipse and has nothing to do with punctuation.

Speaking of Sherlock, did you hear that he and Ralph are racists? They belong to the same Klan.

Edited by Erik Flowers

No **** sherlock - you misunderstood - I said elipse is a word, but its spelled ellipse and has nothing to do with punctuation.

Speaking of Sherlock, did you hear that he and Ralph are racists? They belong to the same Klan.

Yet you changed your wording to "ellipsis." I know that this has to do with correct word usage and spelling rather than punctuation; I was just pointing out an error that you had made.

Yet you changed your wording to "ellipsis." I know that this has to do with correct word usage and spelling rather than punctuation; I was just pointing out an error that you had made.

And your first sentence is not complete; it is actually a clause. And an ellipse really isn't a geometric figure, it's closer to trigonometry. And calling it a curve is disingenuous - it is a line curved so much that its ends meet.

Edited by Erik Flowers