Yup, they really thought that they could get away with it

\GoBillsInDallas/

So the receiving bank handed over $285,000 to these bimbos without waiting for the check to clear??? :blink:

I would like to see the bank officer joining them in jail for a few months.

He won't be in jail because he is part of the 1% and these poor ladies, who are part of the 99% aren't even allowed to throw a party.

So the receiving bank handed over $285,000 to these bimbos without waiting for the check to clear??? :blink:

I would like to see the bank officer joining them in jail for a few months.

I've got to ask my wife how that works. I don't recall funds being immediately available when you deposit $285k at the ATM...but then, I've also never deposited $285k, either. It might be some !@#$ed-up "your money's immediately available!" plan, combined with one of those new auto-scanning check deposit systems, and the bank manager never sees the check (which is still !@#$ed up - even a completely automated system should start screaming its damned head off when it finds a $285k check in the ATM.)

I agree with DC....it seems really strange that a check that big would be allowed to clear without at the very least a pedestrian inspection. God knows, the hoops I have to jump through to access my meager account, not to mention the post 9/11 rules about obtaining a money order.

Well I was wondering how I was going to pay off the mortgage a little sooner. Now I know how to do that and throw a really cool party to celebrate. I'll be sure to invite all of you if you promise to help post bond for me if I am caught.

These two were at least good citizens in that they did not simply burn their newfound wealth on drugs, booze and sex.

Well I was wondering how I was going to pay off the mortgage a little sooner. Now I know how to do that and throw a really cool party to celebrate. I'll be sure to invite all of you if you promise to help post bond for me if I am caught.

uh, sure, I will help. How does $5 sound?

I've got to ask my wife how that works. I don't recall funds being immediately available when you deposit $285k at the ATM...but then, I've also never deposited $285k, either. It might be some !@#$ed-up "your money's immediately available!" plan, combined with one of those new auto-scanning check deposit systems, and the bank manager never sees the check (which is still !@#$ed up - even a completely automated system should start screaming its damned head off when it finds a $285k check in the ATM.)

There is noway those funds should of been available until the check cleared. I just cashed a $700 check that was issued from another bank & it took 2 days to clear. The only way it clears immediately is if the issuing bank & the receiving ban are the same where they could verify the funds.

The only thing I could think of since it was a law firm possibly drawn from an iola account where firms usually have tons of money in those that the check was processed & actually cleared but even then it should of took a few days.

Edited by Gordio