C'mon Ralph. Sell the Damn Team!

bmur66

Do your loyal fans a favor. We deserve better than this pathetic display of no talent. The Bills were 5 and 2 at one point in spite of managements feeble effort at "appearing" to assemble a team. Ralph, I love you man but c'mon!

I gotta laugh at all of these posts about what the Bills need to do to be competitive. Wake up people! They are only trying to give the appearance of being competitive. Right now it is all about being profitable with minimal investment.

Edited by bmur66

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do your loyal fans a favor. We deserve better than this pathetic display of no talent. The Bills were 5 and 2 at one point in spite of managements feeble effort at "appearing" to assemble a team. Ralph, I love you man but c'mon!

I gotta laugh at all of these posts about what the Bills need to do to be competitive. Wake up people! They are only trying to give the appearance of being competitive. Right now it is all about being profitable with minimal investment.

When he sells the team, the team is probably gone. No sane business guy pays $800m for a business and tries to make a return on this investment in WNY. So choose your poison. These Bills or no Bills. Even if they sell to someone who keeps the team here, no top FAs or coaches want to be in f ing buffalo, ny , with its high taxes , crap weather and dull nightlife (unless you are a college kid). So take it for what it is and be glad you have it. I think Gailey is the answer because he can work with just about any kind of talent.

When he sells the team, the team is probably gone. No sane business guy pays $800m for a business and tries to make a return on this investment in WNY. So choose your poison. These Bills or no Bills. Even if they sell to someone who keeps the team here, no top FAs or coaches want to be in f ing buffalo, ny , with its high taxes , crap weather and dull nightlife (unless you are a college kid). So take it for what it is and be glad you have it. I think Gailey is the answer because he can work with just about any kind of talent.

Gailey?

You mean the coach that has a 9-20 record with us?

Yeah, great one.

Amen.

Also... No one knows whether the team will move or not if there is a new owner. That's just speculation. Besides.... where they gonna move? LA's gonna get the Chargers and Toronto doesn't want the Bills.

Besides... what the hells's the sense of being a fan of a team if they permantely suck. I'd rather see them gone rather than continue with this bull$chitt.

i totally agree. the constant blather of 'small market" is tiresome. brandon, littman and overdorf just wanna make sure the bottom line is as big as they can get. i get the idea of profit, but trying to continually hoodwink the fans is wrong. if the profit margin is not high enough for wilson, then yea!, SELL THE TEAM!.. but we know he wont, so we , as fans, become pawns for him and the rest of the greedy ba$tards that make up the NFL..

Unfortunately Ralph is not the only problem. The NFL owners hate the fact that "The People" own the Packers. Governments grant the NFL special exemptions from the laws and subsidize the teams with taxpayer money and taxpayer supported facilities and get nothing substantial in return for those financial considerations. Unless the people (us) demand something in return for all that corporate welfare, we will be destined to be the losers. We should demand laws (legal agreements with the NFL) that at least forced the NFL to give the fans the opportunity to try to create financial non profit corporations or cooperatives like the Packers to meet the the sale price of any team that chooses to move a team to another market. Granted we might not have much chance of coming up with enough money here in WNY, but at least we would have an opportunity to control our own destiny.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've finally come to that point. If we can't put together a front office committed to winning, I would rather the team just move and get it over with.

I've been watching this team for over 30 years. I'm tired of holding out the slim hope that someday we win a Super Bowl, knowing in the back of my mind that it will never happen.

I'm tired of watching other "small market" teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers dominate year in and year out, while our front office makes excuses for not aggressively assembling a winner.

I'm tired of worrying whether the team will move, knowing that most of the NFL hates Buffalo (including Wilson), coaches don't want to come here, free agents don't want to sign here and our own players don't want to stay.

I'm tired of the reaction I get every time someone finds out I'm a Bills fan (I've lived in Philadelphia and St. Louis most of my life).

I'm tired of getting absolutely NO enjoyment out of my Sunday afternoon. Even early in the season, I couldn't completely enjoy it...because I knew the collapse was coming.

I'm tired of the bad draft picks, the ridiculous ways this team finds to lose games, the terrible coaching decisions, etc.

i'd rather have no team than have this to look forward to every !@#$ing week.

i never, ever, thought i would think that, but i am getting to that point! i sit and watch the same teams like new england, the ravens, we are know the teams,and wonder, WHY US?, 11-12 stinkin years of this horsh-t.. why??? we know why, like i said previously, just no commitment to anything other than the bottom line. the kelly years happened in spite of that mindset.

Unless Wilson passes away it must come to the point where fans are willing and UNITED in boycotting the team if onwership doesn't own up to its responsibilities. I was so perterbed when Russ Brandon reacted the way he did to the notion of Ralph buying out the remaining tickets to the Titans game - there was a lot of judgement in his tone; as if the Fans were behaving badly in WNY, as if the FANS didn't deserve the team because they weren't buying out the stadium, as if they expected Ralph to pony up and He, Ross Brandon, had to be the Wise Parent and give the Fans some tough love. What a load of crap! Man! The Fans have been paying for this poor excuse for a team for over 50 years, and what has ownership done in return? Brandon acted as if it was common knowledge that an NFL team is meant to generate profit - that it DOESN'T OWE ANYTHING TO THE FANS - and that is the real source of the problem here in WNY.

The Buffal Bills do owe the Fans! This organization has been using the excuse of a small market choke hold for as long as I can remember - but, the truth is (although our owner will never give reality a chance to confirm this) that the fans will be there to give all the support that is necessary for profits if the team is a good one! A winning organization - think of this, now - A SUPER BOWL win from the Buffalo Bills? There would be fans all across the globe celebrating. The Bills have become the Redsoxs of Football, only they don't deserve to win - and that is the ugly truth. Why should we win with half the investment? All that would do is give Wilson a reason to have a smug I-told-you-so smile on his face when he passes on, while all the good owners are doing all they can, and spending a boatload more, to try and get a winner.

No, if the Bills organization is run this way, it is up to the Fans to stop supporting it. If Wilson's argument is that he will sell the team - then so be it. Every intelligent sports fan across the country knows what is happening here. As long as the tickets sell, as long as it isn't a weekly news that the Bills stadium once more didn't sell out - as long as the facade of All-Is-Well is continuing, no one talks openly about how Ralph has run this team into the ground. But, if people stopped going, if every one gave up on the team - who really thinks people would say, Look at those Bills Fans - look what they did to poor ol' Ralph Wilson. No. They'd be forced to admit that the game is over with his frugal, penny pinching ways. That depression era, backyard football mentality to running a team doesn't work. And we, the Fans, deserve more. As far as I'm concerned - I'd rather see the Bills run properly elsewhere than see them run to the ground here - where it's gotten so bad that we are not even taken seriously anymore by anyone in the N.F.L -not players, coaches, analysts - no one. That sucks.

Edited by sllib olaffub

Unless Wilson passes away it must come to the point where fans are willing and UNITED in boycotting the team if onwership doesn't own up to its responsibilities. I was so perterbed when Russ Brandon reacted the way he did to the notion of Ralph buying out the remaining tickets to the Titans game - there was a lot of judgement in his tone; as if the Fans were behaving badly in WNY, as if the FANS didn't deserve the team because they weren't buying out the stadium, as if they expected Ralph to pony up and He, Ross Brandon, had to be the Wise Parent and give the Fans some tough love. What a load of crap! Man! The Fans have been paying for this poor excuse for a team for over 50 years, and what has ownership done in return? Brandon acted as if it was common knowledge that an NFL team is meant to generate profit - that it DOESN'T OWE ANYTHING TO THE FANS - and that is the real source of the problem here in WNY.

The Buffal Bills do owe the Fans! This organization has been using the excuse of a small market choke hold for as long as I can remember - but, the truth is (although our owner will never give reality a chance to confirm this) that the fans will be there to give all the support that is necessary for profits if the team is a good one! A winning organization - think of this, now - A SUPER BOWL win from the Buffalo Bills? There would be fans all across the globe celebrating. The Bills have become the Redsoxs of Football, only they don't deserve to win - and that is the ugly truth. Why should we win with half the investment? All that would do is give Wilson a reason to have a smug I-told-you-so smile on his face when he passes on, while all the good owners are doing all they can, and spending a boatload more, to try and get a winner.

No, if the Bills organization is run this way, it is up to the Fans to stop supporting it. If Wilson's argument is that he will sell the team - then so be it. Every intelligent sports fan across the country knows what is happening here. As long as the tickets sell, as long as it isn't a weekly news that the Bills stadium once more didn't sell out - as long as the facade of All-Is-Well is continuing, no one talks openly about how Ralph has run this team into the ground. But, if people stopped going, if every one gave up on the team - who really thinks people would say, Look at those Bills Fans - look what they did to poor ol' Ralph Wilson. No. They'd be forced to admit that the game is over with his frugal, penny pinching ways. That depression era, backyard football mentality to running a team doesn't work. And we, the Fans, deserve more. As far as I'm concerned - I'd rather see the Bills run properly elsewhere than see them run to the ground here - where it's gotten so bad that we are not even taken seriously anymore by anyone in the N.F.L -not players, coaches, analysts - no one. That sucks.

well said!

You hit the nail on the head...Wilson has a depression era mentality which may work for personal finance but not the sports entertainment business.

Wilson is a horrible owner. Only argument people can make in his defense is that he kept the team here. What a guy... he's only made millions every year and seen his $25k investment appreciate to over $700m keeping the Bills in Buffalo. And he never has to put a winner on the field because everyone is afraid of losing the team. I'd say Wilson's got about the best gig going. I've seen enough to conclude we will never be serious contenders when the goal of 95% of the other team's is to win a Super Bowl, and the goal of our team is to have a nice profit margin.

Be careful what you wish for...

I don't think wishing has anything to do with it...even if the front office and people on this board are successful in shaming fans into selling out games the fact is the Bills will be sold on the open market with no consideration to fan loyalty as per Mr. wilson

Edited by whateverdude

I don't think wishing has anything to do with it...even if the front office and people on this board are successful in shaming fans into selling out games the fact is the Bills will be sold on the open market with no consideration to fan loyalty as per Mr. wilson

Only Ralph and a handful of people know exactly what will happen. Unless you are one of them, you have no idea what the "fact is."

Ralph must go in order for this team to become viable. If its in Buffalo so be it, if not then so be it. I would rather have them leave for greener pastures then be made to look like an idiot for caring for this sub-par excuse for an NFL franchise. I am over blaming the players. This fish rots from the head down. An owner who refuses to spend the necessary funds to compete with other franchises. We have no real gm, no real coaches, and no real attempt to get free agents necessary to be competitive. We are the laughing stock of the NFL and given my choice between that and no team- I will take no team.

I urge the worriers who think this team is going to leave to pull our a map and look. Where exactly is this team going to go- LA- nope, Toronto- nope, San Antonio _do you think Dallas and Houston would agree to that?

Western New York has supported this team well beyond what they deserve. If they think they could find a more loyal fan base somewhere else- go for it.

Ralph- please do the right thing, I would rather see you leave on your own as a statesman and pioneer than wait for you to pass, so a judge could oversee the sale of your baby.