NFL Sunday Ticket is REALLY expensive for some of us

Dentist for multiple root canals...:(

Yeah, every year about Christmas time I say to my wife "I'm not renewing Sunday Ticket". Then around March, I say to her "they got to show me something to look forward to in order for me to renew", then June comes, and its "What the hell, I'm excited about the upcoming season".

So, here we go. I ain't renewing.

Do what I do.. Every year I call direct TV to cancel it and tell them the reason why I am cancelling is because my team sucks and I cannot justify paying for a full season. They always ask me who my team is and as soon as I say Buffalo they start laughing and immediately give me 50% off. Works every time.

I had Sunday ticket for 12 years and finally gave it up this season. The combination of bad Bills football and a ridiculous price point made it unattractive to me. I haven't regretted it at all. If I have to see a game there are plenty of streaming sites or the bar down the road.

I haven't had Direct Tv in almost 7 years and I never had the NFL package. Went to a Bills bar to watch the game. This year I watch it at home by hooking my laptop up to hy HD TV. If I can find a feed there is no charge. I won't pay their price just for one game a week when most weeks I can find a free feed on the internet and with an HDMI cord I can watch it on my TV.

The flip sideof the coin is that Sunday Ticket allows you to actually see some good football - when the Bills tank it in the first quarter you have your choice of good games to watch - without Sunday Ticket and fantasy football Sunday afternoons devoted entirely to the Bills would make me want to put a gun in my mouth - if you broaden your horizons you can actually enjoy some football on Sundays....

I haven't had Direct Tv in almost 7 years and I never had the NFL package. Went to a Bills bar to watch the game. This year I watch it at home by hooking my laptop up to hy HD TV. If I can find a feed there is no charge. I won't pay their price just for one game a week when most weeks I can find a free feed on the internet and with an HDMI cord I can watch it on my TV.

Hey, Manatee, are you in Bradenton? I'm in Sarasota and you'll have to show me how to find feeds as I haven't figured that out yet...... :)

I say it all the time...if you want to enjoy your Sundays more, get the RedZone. When the Bills start to stink it up, switch it over and check out the NFL on steroids. It's like football crack.

The flip sideof the coin is that Sunday Ticket allows you to actually see some good football - when the Bills tank it in the first quarter you have your choice of good games to watch - without Sunday Ticket and fantasy football Sunday afternoons devoted entirely to the Bills would make me want to put a gun in my mouth - if you broaden your horizons you can actually enjoy some football on Sundays....

Like today when I turned off the Bills game at the end of the 3rd and luckily turned it over to the Denver game. Good story, that Tebow fella. Turned back briefly once, to the Bills game.