throw crazy money @ Jeff Fisher

EldaBillsFan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (Jeff Fisher's Agent) have announced today that Jeff Fisher will listen to offers from any team (in order to drive up the market price). I think we should do everything we can to (negotiate another team's deal, since we have no chance in Hell to) sign him! Then we can get him to admit the Music City Miracle play was a forward pass!!

Then can his sorry _ss :thumbsup:

Seriously, he would be an upgrade from Nix/Gailey, but only with no restrictions from Ralph. Not going to happen.

FYP

No, its always the coaches!

Look at the history of the franchise when this team is a winner, top coaches produce winners

You might be onto something here, did you ever notice around the league that teams with winning records have good coaches, and teams that are losing are always the ones to fire their coaches?

Jacksonville, KC, Miami, all losing teams this year, all fired Head coaches

Green Bay, New England, New Orleans, all good coaches not on the hotseat

You might be onto something here, did you ever notice around the league that teams with winning records have good coaches, and teams that are losing are always the ones to fire their coaches?

Link?

:)

You do realize Jeff Fisher was head coach for 17 years, and was 5-6 in the playoffs, with a SB loss?

As head coach, he didn't guide the team to the playoffs for the first five years of his coaching career.

You willing to give Fisher nearly two decades? Willing to wait five years?

That's the thing about Cowher and Fisher. They were there for the NFL equivalent of "forever", and despite generally competent front offices, still had teams that underperformed.

I doubt Bills fans are going to be that patient.

My confidence in Gailey is certainly less today than it was at the beginning of the season, but I wouldn't want to replace him with Jeff Fisher.

Seriously Bro!! Wow.

How long you worked for Mr. Wilson?

This team has way too many holes to fill through our inept drafting.

+ 1

The Bills drafting/scouting/personnel depts. get it right only rarely and even then it's probably just by chance.

You can't be unsuccessful as long and as consistantly as the Buffalo Bills have been just because of injuries of bad luck.

<_<

Buffalo will never be an attractive place to play, they need to focus on drafting better to turn this team around, not Free Agency

Building through the draft only works if you sign and keep the good talent that you draft and develop. Good teams keep their good talent and use the draft to replace the bad talent. Buffalo does almost the opposite. Bad teams keep the bad talent because they are good bargains and replace the good talent because we won't pay fair market value for their skills.

You do realize Jeff Fisher was head coach for 17 years, and was 5-6 in the playoffs, with a SB loss?

As head coach, he didn't guide the team to the playoffs for the first five years of his coaching career.

That's the thing about Cowher and Fisher. They were there for the NFL equivalent of "forever", and despite generally competent front offices, still had teams that underperformed.

My confidence in Gailey is certainly less today than it was at the beginning of the season, but I wouldn't want to replace him with Jeff Fisher.

Cowhers teams atleast always seemed to be Good teams with the odd great team or bad team, but he always seemed to have a tough team to play against.

I have said the same things about Saint Polian too. Look at how long his career has spanned? He has 1 Super Bowl Victory in his career as GM, and that was during the last decade with a team that ahs arguably one fo the greatest QBs ever to play the game playing.

These posts are crazy and unnecessary. Chan Gailey is the first effective coach we've had since Marv Levy. This team has extremely thin talent right now. It's not necessarily Nix' fault either- a lot of his draft picks are injured as well. And as was stated before, FA is a wash. The team is a crap chute until they can get lucky and win enough to make themselves attractive.

Holy cow, are you serious?

In his 15 years as the Steelers, HC Bill Cowher 161-99-1 .623 winning %--12 out of his 15 seasons with the Steelers his team finished with a winning record!

10 out of 15 years in Pittsburgh his teams were in the playoffs

I know this is hard to believe, but Cowher as the Steelers HC, his first playoff loss was in 1992 to Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills

Playoffs....Playoffs...(in the voice of Jim Mora) this team hasn't even sniffed the playoffs in how long? Superbowl? When was the last time the Bills even sniffed a SB?

Jeff Fisher, not as amazing as Cowher, but still. Fisher is this years top dog as a HC and will get whatever HC job he wants! He is the "big fish" bigger then Cowher or Gruden.

17 years as HC of the Titans, only 6 years did he get his team in the playoffs. But 11 of those 17 years his teams finished with a winning record. When was the last time the Buffalo Bills even fielded a team with a winning record?

Chan Gailey fired as OC of the KC Chiefs in 2008 when his team went 2-14. His QB amassed a bunch of numbers throwing the ball in 14 losses, with only 2 wins...sound familiar?

Bills HC 2010, 4-12 a .250 winning %

2011, currently 5-8 and most likely won't win another game this season...5-11.

In 2010 Chan Gailey took a mediocre 6-10 team from jauron / Fewell and turned them into a bad team. Lets not forget that even the offensive moron Dick Jauron managed 3, 7-9 seasons before his termination with the Bills. with basically the same players. Jaurons problem were his schemes. The Tampa 2 defense and the Mike Martz offense with a WC QB.

Right now Chan Gailey sucks in my view, his team lost their confidence and heart weeks ago.

Buddy Nix did well last season to find some players off the waiver wire to fill in on the O line and other areas. But he still has failed this team. Why not bring in help again this year?

His pass rusher in Merriman was a bust. He knew he needed another O tackle, its why he went after Tyson Clybo in free agency. Yet he went into the season without obtaining a tackle

You might be onto something here, did you ever notice around the league that teams with winning records have good QB, and teams that are losing and do not have good QB play are always the ones to fire their coaches?

Jacksonville(Gabbert), KC(Cassel,Palko), Miami(Henne,Moore), all losing teams this year, all fired Head coaches

Green Bay(Rodgers), New England(Brady), New Orleans(Brees), all good coaches not on the hotseat

There I fixed it for you.

Chan has done a good job with what he has there he has made chicken salad out of chicken crap that makes up this roster give him time to fix what he has to fix if he can't fix it in 3-4 years then start looking at someone new but right now give the guy a break

There I fixed it for you.

Chan has done a good job with what he has there he has made chicken salad out of chicken crap that makes up this roster give him time to fix what he has to fix if he can't fix it in 3-4 years then start looking at someone new but right now give the guy a break

What? Not going to include JP Losman in the Miami edit?? LOL

These posts are crazy and unnecessary. Chan Gailey is the first effective coach we've had since Marv Levy. This team has extremely thin talent right now. It's not necessarily Nix' fault either- a lot of his draft picks are injured as well. And as was stated before, FA is a wash. The team is a crap chute until they can get lucky and win enough to make themselves attractive.

9 wins in 29 games.

Andy Reid

Mike Shanahan

"Good" coaches doing poorly. Whoops! there goes that theory.

I find it amazing that people try to blame losing on ONE thing. It's like people's minds aren't big enough to think about something from more than one angle.

It's the coaches! No, It's the QB! No, it's the owner! No, it's the DC! No, it's the GM! No, it's the injuries! No, it's 10 years of bad drafting! No, it's CJ Spiller!

IMHO, Chan is NOT the problem. It is MANY things. Anyone who thinks changing coaches is a panacea is a moron.

9 wins in 29 games.

REBUILDING.