Green Bay undeated

Even politicians are throwing their predictions out. Link I don't remember all the undefeated talk starting so early for the Broncos or Colts, even the Patriots talk didn't really ramp up until the last couple of weeks.

And the ESPN segment with Tedy Bruschi talking about what it takes to go undefeated made him look as pompous as ever. But what evened it out is when he had to talk about how they lost the Super Bowl at the end.

I don't see anyone beating them the rest of the season or in Lambeau field. That leaves the SB. What AFC team is good enough to stop them? The Pats' defense would surrender 100 points. The Steelers lost to them last year with a better/healthier team. And the Ravens have Flacco.

i dont remember what those other teams' schedules were like going down the stretch but even with the injuries GB has now, it seems very likely to me that they'll win out the regular season.

of course, you know, "any given sunday," but raiders, chiefs, bears, lions? oak and kc basically suck. detroit and chicago look like theyre falling apart, and certainly dont have any of the momentum they each had earlier in the season.

is that what we're talking about? or win out thru the super bowl?

i dont remember what those other teams' schedules were like going down the stretch but even with the injuries GB has now, it seems very likely to me that they'll win out the regular season.

of course, you know, "any given sunday," but raiders, chiefs, bears, lions? oak and kc basically suck. detroit and chicago look like theyre falling apart, and certainly dont have any of the momentum they each had earlier in the season.

is that what we're talking about? or win out thru the super bowl?

19-0 baby.

I don't see anyone beating them the rest of the season or in Lambeau field. That leaves the SB. What AFC team is good enough to stop them? The Pats' defense would surrender 100 points. The Steelers lost to them last year with a better/healthier team. And the Ravens have Flacco.

The Packer D might give up 101 points--they're worse than NE. As for the Steelers, last year was last year.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Even politicians are throwing their predictions out. Link I don't remember all the undefeated talk starting so early for the Broncos or Colts, even the Patriots talk didn't really ramp up until the last couple of weeks.

IIRC, the talk had ramped up on all those cases by the time those teams were 12-0. The 3/4 pole seems like the right place to start talking about it --- it's like being in the 7th inning of a no-hitter.

IIRC, the talk had ramped up on all those cases by the time those teams were 12-0. The 3/4 pole seems like the right place to start talking about it --- it's like being in the 7th inning of a no-hitter.

Agreed. Same was the case with the 13-0 saints. At about 9-10 wins you always see people circling games on the schedule and by 12 it's all week every week news.

That said, saints will go to lambeau, run behind nicks and Evans, with ivory and Ingram. Screens with pt23 and sproles, throw between the hashes to Graham, colston and lance Moore and make it a game even (especially) in bad weather. If the game turns ball control you will see what a Dline with will smith, abruyo Franklin, sed Ellis, Shaun rogers and cam Jordan can do to clog lanes and hold the point. This isn't the finesse arena team that people think of. In bad weather they match up physically but would have to be ready to get used to footing, etc.

Edited by NoSaint

The Packer D might give up 101 points--they're worse than NE. As for the Steelers, last year was last year.

The Packers' offense is better than NE's. So they still win. And the Steelers might not have Roethlisberger for much longer if he keeps getting killed. He won't be able to miss over a quarter of action against the Packers.

Edited by Doc

As a Packer fan I would love the undefeated tag, but I would trade 1, 2, or even 3 losses for a Lombardi.

That being said, I don't think we get beat at Lambeau. Our only road game left is at KC. Hostile crowd, but I don't know. Can't wait to see it unfold!

No team as gone undeated. Neither will GB.

This. I've always said that no team will go undefeated - the coaching & technology available these days is advanced enough that a "perfect" team's weaknesses will be exposed. I didn't think the Patriots would lose and it's hard to see the Packers losing, but I think they will at some point.