Justin Blackmon

BillsBiker

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should not have to waste a draft pick on a wr when there should be a couple of star wrs in free agency. The only problem is Nix would never sign one of those wrs so blackmon it is.

you are 100% correct. A well-managed team would get a FA WR who is a proven commodity and draft a pass rusher. Instead, we will have to spend the pick on Blackmon, although w/ the Bills it will most likely be some CB or something.

Not familiar with the player, in fact his name came up in another thread and I didn't realize he was a wideout.

I guess you look at two things:

1) Is he an "every year prospect" or is he a "once every few years prospect?" If he's Calvin Johnson or AJ Green, you have to at least consider him.

2) Is he a diva?

The Packer fan who visited raised a great point about the Packers receivers. A guy has to have competitive fire but that's different from being a diva.

A lot of divas, however great they are, are simply not worth the trouble because they have a negative affect on the team.

If Blackmon is an ELITE, once every few years prospect and he's not a diva, then I guess he has to be considered.

I'll take a good Diva. Mike Irving was a Diva, I'd take him any day.

Anyone know where Floyd from ND is projected to go? If we could get best available pass rusher in round 1 and Floyd in round two that would be great! They need a WR, but pass rusher has to be first priority.

That would be ideal. Top pass rusher, then top WR.

Anyone know where Floyd from ND is projected to go? If we could get best available pass rusher in round 1 and Floyd in round two that would be great! They need a WR, but pass rusher has to be first priority.

I've read more than one Mock that has The Bills taking Floyd in the middle of the 1st Round...Don't know if he'll last till the 2nd... B-)

I'll take a good Diva. Mike Irving was a Diva, I'd take him any day.

Michael Irvin wasn't anywhere near a diva as the receivers these days. It's not close, IMO.

How would you feel if we could draft the next Terrell Owens or the next Chad Ochocinco with all their greatness and all their warts?

I wouldn't mind having him. Thing is, I don't trust this corp of coaches to develop young talent. I see a kid like that gettting frustrated, becoming unproductive, and eventually leaving for new team in several years. I hate to sound negative, but you can't say it hasn't happened before. Young players just don't flourish in the Bills system anymore.

This might be the most ignorant thing I've ever seen said on this board.

Have you seen our defense over the past couple weeks?

Edited by BlueFire

Many had Blackmon rated higher than Julio Jones in the 2011 draft.

I believe he will be a good receiver in the NFL.

He does play bigger than 6'1' in college.

I think he matches up very similiarly to Michael Crabtree, who was a dominant college WR in his day.

Crabtree isn't that dominate #1 WR in the NFL because in the NFL you need to have real size.

I wouldn't take Michael Crabtree or Justin Blackmon in the first round in the 2012 draft if I were drafting for the Bills, the best player availble with a heavy priority to a an OLB would be my preference in the 1st round.

Edited by Why So Serious?

So it looks like we will have a good draft pick... If Blackmon is available grab him without a second guess.

The kid is a beast, and we have no receivers. We need a Megatron type for Fitz.. We need a Blackmon.

With troy smith beasting out, bring back Lee Evans

He will be gone, grab top corner or outside backer.

I didn't realize that Blackmon played at Oklahoma State.

For those of you that aren't old enough to know, the Bills have had numerous first round picks from that school.

Reuben Gant and Phil Dokes didn't work out so well.

Terry Miller flamed out after a promising start.

It wasn't until Thurman Thomas that the team finally hit on one of their first round Cowboys.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

If he makes it out of the Top 4, I'd be surprised.

This is a WR-deep draft. Get your pass rusher, OT, or NT early.

Right now, I'd go:

1-Courtney Upshaw OLB34 Alabama

2-Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State (although Dontari Poe NT and Brandon Weeden QB tempt me)

3-Brandon Boykin CB Georgia

4-Baker Steinkuhler DE34 Nebraska (although Kellen Moore QB was sitting right there; as was Brandon Lindsey OLB34 Pittsburgh

4-Isaiah Pead RBF Cincinnati (one of the best at picking up the blitz)

5-Chris Owusu WRF Stanford

6-Josh Oglesby OT Wisconsin

7-D'Angelo McCray DT34 Memphis

Bills will also have another pick from the Marshawn trade, likely a 5th or 6th.

t wasn't until Thurman Thomas that the team finally hit on one of their first round Cowboys.

*2nd

Michael Irvin wasn't anywhere near a diva as the receivers these days. It's not close, IMO.

How would you feel if we could draft the next Terrell Owens or the next Chad Ochocinco with all their greatness and all their warts?

1st Michael Irvin not really a diva, 2nd give me Andre Reed who was better. I hate the hof for just this reason.

MICHAEL IRVIN STABBED A TEAMMATE IN THE NECK

Edited by Cash

What star wide receivers will be free agents?

Who knows what happens with their contracts before free agency begins, but: Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Desean Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Marques Colston, Stevie Johnson, Brandon Lloyd, Robert Meachem, Mario Manningham, & Pierre Garcon

We should not have to waste a draft pick on a wr when there should be a couple of star wrs in free agency. The only problem is Nix would never sign one of those wrs so blackmon it is.

Like it says in the song "it all comes down to money" We would rather get a good future prospect out of the draft for less money than an older , more expensive WR that may not have much of their career left /

If we could get a veteran like we did Barnett that still had something to give for a decent price i think we would do it but we are not going to pay #1 money for a veteran WR ... Although it would be nice !!

MICHAEL IRVIN STABBED A TEAMMATE IN THE NECK

Stabbing someone doesn't make that person a diva.

Wearing lots of bling makes someone a diva.

Constantly drawing attention to oneself makes someone a diva.

Writing a book titled "Just throw me the damn ball" makes a person a diva.

Constantly complaining about not being thrown to enough makes a person a diva.

Walking around with an entourage makes someone a diva.

Having hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry advanced to you and then trying to stiff the jeweler makes someone a diva.

Performing excessive and/or elaborate end zone celebrations after scoring makes someone a diva.

Committing a crime does not make someone a diva.