Is fitz an "elite" QB?

NewEra

148 members have voted

1. 1. Is Fitz an "Elite" QB?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know what an elite qb is.

Any team with a QB as good as or worse than Fitz should be looking to upgrade the position.

If an obvious upgrade to Fitz is available, I am 100% on board. But if that "upgrade" is a anyone in the draft other than the top 2-3 guys, then no thanks. Let's build around Fitz and put all available resources into bringing the rest of the talent on this team up to his level before looking to replace him because even Brady would not be winning many more games with this team of crap.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, but its not like elite QBs are just dancing around for the taking. If Aaron Rodgers wants to come to Buffalo I say let's do it. But seeing as that is never going to happen I say maybe let's not chase the best QB we've had in a decade out of town just yet

just because we have **** to compare him to doesn't make him any better than average. two QBs from last draft are already better than Fitz - that's where we need to build from.

Drew Brees is elite in my book.

Yeah, you can put Brees in there. But are any of these qb's available? I don't think so.

Fitz, isn't elite, but he's far removed from the Losman, Edwards garbage we've had recently. I'm fine with Fitz as the starter for the next couple of years.

Aaron Rodgers wants to come to Buffalo I say let's do it. But seeing as that is never going to happen

Rodgers could be a Bill tomorrow if Ralph wanted it to happen. The Bills could offer 20 first round draft picks to trade for Rodgers. The Packers would have no choice but to accept.

But Ralph knows that trading away 20 first round draft picks would devalue the franchise and we all know how Ralph feels about money.

Bottom line, Ralph is cheap. It's always been that way, always will.

1323281836[/url]' post='2330590']

Yeah, you can put Brees in there. But are any of these qb's available? I don't think so.

Fitz, isn't elite, but he's far removed from the Losman, Edwards garbage we've had recently. I'm fine with Fitz as the starter for the next couple of years.

There might be in the draft. Like I said. I want to draft 1 of 3 qbs (luck, Barkley, rg3), I know all 3 won't be available when we pick. If one of these guys are available and we pass because we're happy with fitz, I'll lose my mind.

Like i mentioned earlier. Many fans here love fitz because he's better than Jp, Trent and the rest of our bum qbs. That's not a good reason to stand behind a qb. It's just not.

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers are elite. The fact you are even asking if Fitzpatrick is an "elite" QB shows how little football you know. :wallbash:

cant be elite without wide recievers...not a running back playing wide out, not a running quarterback playing WR etc. Until you surround him with NFL wide outs I cant say - not can anyone else by the way

Edited by CardinalScotts

Absolutely not an Elite QB he's maybe middle of the bottom side around Colt McCoy and Josh Freeman. And the argument that we gonna run the best QB we had in a decade shows how of we are as a team cuz he'll I'm better than rob johnson and kelly holcomb and I haven't played QB since HS (not including flag football here and there lol). Instead of being nice and consoling a dropped pass id rather see the Brady, Manning, Rogers, Brees fire and bark at them for being terrible they want to win, Fitz just wants them to catch it BIG DIFFERENCE! He sucks we're stuck so I''l deal with it as usual.

Rodgers could be a Bill tomorrow if Ralph wanted it to happen. The Bills could offer 20 first round draft picks to trade for Rodgers. The Packers would have no choice but to accept.

But Ralph knows that trading away 20 first round draft picks would devalue the franchise and we all know how Ralph feels about money.

Bottom line, Ralph is cheap. It's always been that way, always will.

What?

i know that he isn't, but even if fitz was an elite QB would we recognize it?

while the D has some promising young guys lining up with a couple studs, they are overall terrible.

the O is also lacking in talent and depth. again, a couple young guys might be able to turn the corner and become decent starters or quality depth.

my point is the odds are stacked against fitz to succeed on the current roster. anyone can argue that an elite QB would overcome these deficiencies and win despite the lack of surrounding talent. but look at the aforementioned indisputable "elite" QBs - they have support. sure every team has their weak spots, but aside from the colts, there is enough talent in other areas (including the coaching staff) to limit the impact of their weaknesses.

i mean look at carolina - cam newton seems to be an elite qb in the making. what is their record again?

and to all those saying, "well if fitz just made this throw or that throw, we wouldve won the game," i counter by saying he wouldnt've had to make that ONE throw if the defense had made a stop, or the coaches didnt get too cute with their play calling, or________ etc, etc

there is no one single biggest problem, just like there is no one single solution. yeah, i want an elite QB, but they arent growing on trees, and right now i think the bills have bigger fish to fry.

i see fitz as a solution, not a problem. he's a solid starter. im much more concerned that if he went down, there's tyler thigpen coming off the bench.

Fitz 20TDs and 14INTs

Rivers 19TDs and 17INTs

Ryan 19TDs and 12INTs

Fitz is fifth in the league in accuracy, 7th in overall TDs, he's also the least sacked quarterback in the league. That's right folks, right behind someone you might know uhhh Michael Vick? Who's been injured the past three weeks. Read into stats as little or as much as you'd like but Fitz is here to stay.

Edited by opfball91

i really don't understand the purpose of this thread..why limit it to just Fitz? Why not just ask: Is any player on the bills roster "elite"? I suppose replacing Fitz's name with McGee or Dareus or Byrd isn't as cute/dramatic.

Fitz 20TDs and 14INTs

Rivers 19TDs and 17INTs

Ryan 19TDs and 12INTs

Fitz is fifth in the league in accuracy, 7th in overall TDs, he's also the least sacked quarterback in the league. That's right folks, right behind someone you might know uhhh Michael Vick? Who's been injured the past three weeks. Read into stats as little or as much as you'd like but Fitz is here to stay.

Agreed. It's absolutely comical how everyone still wants to draft a QB to replace Fitz assuming that he'll produce at a better rate. Fitz is going to most likely finish the season rankd in teh top 10 in most, if not all, QB categories...but he's not Tom Brady though so we can still get better..gotcha.

Ryan with White, Jones, and Tony Gonzalez has fewer TD's than Fitz with Stevie, the waterboy, and my grandma at WR..somehow Ryan is still 10x better than Fitz to some people on these boards.

just because we have **** to compare him to doesn't make him any better than average. two QBs from last draft are already better than Fitz - that's where we need to build from.

what are you babbling about clown. compare him to the rest of the league and see where his numbers stack up...once you compile those names, go a little further and compare the talent those other QB's have at WR/OL compared to what we have.

Edited by bobobonators

Fitzpatrick League Rankings:

Completion percentage: 5th (63.9%); 3rd is Brady, 4th is Romo; 6th Big Ben, 7th is Alex Smith (level: elite)

Touchdowns: 7th (20td); 5th is Eli, 6th is Romo; 8th is tie between rivers/sanchez/big ben/matt ryan (level: great)

QB rating: 11th (85.8); 9th is matt stafford, 10th is Matt Moore; 12th is cutler, 13th is matt ryan (level: above league average)

Yards/Game: 18th (236.4); 16th is Grossman; 17th is Flacco; 19th is Cutler; 20th is Sanchez (average/slightly below league average)

Overall you get a QB who is having overall a pretty good damn good season.

For the TD stat, Fitz has fewer pass attempts (by quite a bit) than EVERY SINGLE QB in front of him minus Aaron Rodgers..

for the yds/game stat, Fitz has fewer pass attempts than EVERY SINGLE QB in front of him with at least 400 attempts (quite a few of the players on there haven't started all season), minus 3 players (cam/freeman/rodgers who all have more yds/game and fewer attempts)

If you guys think that those numbers, taking into account the lack of pure talent surrounding fitz, aren't good enough to take a team far into the playoffs, then you're delusional.

Edited by bobobonators

I voted yes because we pay him as one and shows some signs of improvement even though his team is literally falling apart around him.

I don't see any quit in the guy and he projects well in the community He seems to be an affable person that people will follow.

Now, if the Bills would only: get lucky in the draft's first two rounds, stay healthy and find a pass rush, you'd probably be seeing numbers(and wins) from Fitz on the level of an Eli Manning.

Is he (Eli) a franchise QB? I think because he won one, most people would say yes.

I guess when I think of Elite, I figure the guy's a probable future HOFer.

On that basis, only Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and P.Manning are elite.

Fitz is good, especially considering the dearth of talent on the line and at WR. Among the many concerns I have about this team, QB is down the list after LT, RT, C(unless Wood is OK), G, WR2, DE, DE (unless Williams is OK), OLB, OLB, ILB, SS, FS, DB, DB.

But hey, let's talk about QB problems.

Edited by Observer