Pass Rusher

I've been trying to do some research online to see who some of the key FA Defensive Ends will be this offseason, but I can't seem to find any info. Just wondering if anybody may have a site and/or information to find out free-agents for next year. In my opinion, a key pass-rusher should be prioity number 1 this offseason whether its via the draft or free-agency. I'd much rather see the Bills sign a free-agent DE rather than draft one,though, given Nix's dreadful drafting ability.

I think part of the problem has been Ralph Wilson's influence on which players are chosen as first round draft picks. During the 2009 season, Wilson said we need to get move dynamic playmakers on offense. Lo and behold C.J. Spiller is drafted in the first round after being described as the most dynamic playmaker in the draft by the pundits.

Well, Footballsfuture.com and Kffl.com both have good lists but they aren't perfect. Off the top of my head, I know Mathis, Mario Willaims, and Kiwinuka are all set to be FAs (but we know they will get resigned).

Mario allegedly wont, but we need to be looking for 34 OLBs not ends in 43

Not when we will be switching to a 4-3 when d-bag George Edwards is fired and the 'Stache is promoted.

Odd how buddy and Chan decided to go 34 and brought in Edwards to run the scheme they preferred. Opportunity to work with Wanny might change that but.... Just saying.

I've been trying to do some research online to see who some of the key FA Defensive Ends will be this offseason, but I can't seem to find any info. Just wondering if anybody may have a site and/or information to find out free-agents for next year. In my opinion, a key pass-rusher should be prioity number 1 this offseason whether its via the draft or free-agency. I'd much rather see the Bills sign a free-agent DE rather than draft one,though, given Nix's dreadful drafting ability.

Here ya go....

link

Odd how buddy and Chan decided to go 34 and brought in Edwards to run the scheme they preferred. Opportunity to work with Wanny might change that but.... Just saying.

I know he was the DC for those completely loaded Cowboys teams that had a head coach that really ran the defense, but I don't know why so much hope is placed on "Wanny" (that overly-familiar, diminutive nickname grates on me for some reason). He accepted a defensive assistant position with the lowly Bills, how much cache in the league could he possibly carry?

This is what I can't stand - if the Bills actually had a chance to get Williams (and they won't) and they skipped it because it was the wrong scheme, it just goes to show how short sighted they really are. The BIGGEST weakness of this team over the last 10 years is not figuring out how to get the best out of their players. They just flat out suck at it.....coaching, coaching and more coaching

I think the 24 million in cap money not spent is proof Ralph has much say

There you go. Next year, teams allegedly have to spend close to the cap, can't wait to see how Ralph finds a way to wiggle out of that one. He and Mike Brown are probably hashing that out in an underground bunker as we speak.

Nix hopefully can learn how to draft, because he said it himself when free agency starts he is home sleeping. He has to be one of the worst, if not the worst, GMs in the league-agree with you there.

Do you honestly think free agents would come to our team considering what happens here?

We got lucky with a few this season, but now everyone sees that even when we get a few pickups, we still suck.

What free agents did we sign that were being chased by other teams? Barnett has turned out to be a steal, but he was available during training camp and wasn't signed. Nobody else wanted Merriman. Chandler had about 2 career catches before this year.

Funny I thought that before he got hurt Williams was playing OLB in a 3-4 system and looked very good playing that position

Funny - he's played the rest of his pro and amateur career in a 43 and looked much better. Houston has cheap talent behind him excelling in that defense. I'd be surprised if they break the bank for Mario, or if he leaves for a 34.

I thought Mario had been doing a good job as a 34 OLB prior to getting hurt. 5 sacks in 5 games (I know stats don't tell whole story). He'd prob be more comfortable in a 43 though.

What free agents did we sign that were being chased by other teams? Barnett has turned out to be a steal, but he was available during training camp and wasn't signed. Nobody else wanted Merriman. Chandler had about 2 career catches before this year.

Barnett wasn't a free agent until training camp.

Edited by Carey Bender

I thought Mario had been doing a good job as a 34 OLB prior to getting hurt. 5 sacks in 5 games (I know stats don't tell whole story). He'd prob be more comfortable in a 43 though.

Barnett wasn't a free agent until training camp.

Wasn't great in space and the young guys behind him have played well. He wasnt awful though, not bad at all really. I'd be surprised if either side expects him back tho. If we went 43 I'd love him, but in a 34 it's a lot of money for a guy that hasn't played the position but a few weeks.