Santonio Holmes bashes the Bills

Yesterday on the CBS pre-show, one of the CBS announcers was talking with Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress about Stevie Johnson's TD Celebration (where Johnson imitated shooting himself in the leg, ala Burress). Holmes stated (somewhere along these lines), "first off, he's playing for the Buffalo Bills..." With they way Holmes said [Johnson] is playing for the Buffalo Bills, he said it in a disrespectful manner (meaning playing for the lowly Bills) and disrespecting Johnson.

Are the Bills going to lie down and take this the next time they play the Jets next year or are they going to step up?

Yesterday on the CBS pre-show, one of the CBS announcers was talking with Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress about Stevie Johnson's TD Celebration (where Johnson imitated shooting himself in the leg, ala Burress). Holmes stated (somewhere along these lines), "first off, he's playing for the Buffalo Bills..." With they way Holmes said [Johnson] is playing for the Buffalo Bills, he said it in a disrespectful manner (meaning playing for the lowly Bills) and disrespecting Johnson.

Are the Bills going to lie down and take this the next time they play the Jets next year or are they going to step up?

Maybe Eric "give back some of that money you ain't earned" Wood will stay healthy so he can be a leader. We need more guys with nasty streaks than guys who celebrate tds in the second qtr.

Edited by BiggieScooby

Yet when SJ mocks the Jets, people are ready to run him out of town. !@#$ the Jets. They play awful football and just hang around. Obviously you want him to be smarter, but the Bills need more players like SJ who have swagger.

I love the Bills.

That being said; the Bills are going to lay down and take this the next time they play the Jets next year...no one will step up.

I'm not even trying to be a d*** with respect to the above. When the Texans clinch their division EVERY team, including expansions, will have made the playoffs over the last 10 years except one.

...that team that will lay down and take it and not step up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I love the Bills.

That being said; the Bills are going to lay down and take this the next time they play the Jets next year...no one will step up.

I'm not even trying to be a d*** with respect to the above. When the Texans clinch their division EVERY team, including expansions, will have made the playoffs over the last 10 years except one.

...that team that will lay down and take it and not step up.

The Lions haven't.

Yet when SJ mocks the Jets, people are ready to run him out of town. !@#$ the Jets. They play awful football and just hang around. Obviously you want him to be smarter, but the Bills need more players like SJ who have swagger.

I personally dont have any problem with what he did....or his celebrating.....and love his swagger

But you you are going to do that @hit then back it up on the field....dont drop a pass that could have won the game.

The Bills are losers. You are what your record says you are.

Next year is the year we will see if they are turning the corner.

If they dont make progress, they need to star over again.

Ralph Wilson doesnt care if the team wins or loses anymore.

He is squeezing every penny he can out of it and not putting any back into it.

No team has more bad fortune than Buffalo with the exception of maybe Cleveland (and maybe Detroit if they dont make playoffs this year-which they probably wont...)

It is dumbfounding and unexplicable how things go for this team year after year after year....

I heard the same thing in the exact same way as the OP. Holmes emphasized, “You’re playing for the Buffalo Bills right now. Seriously?” with incredulity in his voice. He was offended that anyone from the Buffalo Bills would try and upstage the New York Jets’ “two NFL superstars” and he even went so far as to claim Johnson “want to be in [his and Plax’s] shoes right now”.

When you suck, you suck. Of course the Bills are going to lie down and take it in the sphinctor. They're wusses. It's been years since the Bills have come out and just physically pounded the living snot out of an opponent. And, please, those games against KC and the Skins don't come close to qualifying what I'm talking about. Think 31-0 over NE with TKO,Pat,Sam,& London bringing it.

When you suck, you suck. Of course the Bills are going to lie down and take it in the sphinctor. They're wusses. It's been years since the Bills have come out and just physically pounded the living snot out of an opponent. And, please, those games against KC and the Skins don't come close to qualifying what I'm talking about. Think 31-0 over NE with TKO,Pat,Sam,& London bringing it.

Word!

Well said!!

The Bills have embarassed themselves so much, theyve become the joke of the NFL(even losing 4 SBs). Thats why he said it. The way this team has played, opposing teams arent afraid of playing us. We are the "thats what she said" joke of the NFL.

Until the Bills perform better on the field, they are a target for anyone who wants to take a cheap shot.

Someone should have asked Santonio what the Jets have won since he arrived in New Jersey. Oh that's right - nothing. Same as Buffalo.

Playoffs are a start. Time to admit, we are not better than the Jets. They have beat us fair and square TWICE this year. What Johnson did was funny but not warranted. Stevie isnt even on the same level with these guys. He tries too hard, and it cost the TEAM a win. Stevie deserves it, and so does the Bills.

I personally dont have any problem with what he did....or his celebrating.....and love his swagger

But you you are going to do that @hit then back it up on the field....dont drop a pass that could have won the game.

This is what bothers me as well. I can care less about his celebrating. It is a mistake that probably won't happen again and it is a simple thing to fix..... but his dropping the ball in clutch situations.... that really bothers me. I am not sure how much that can be fixed, but he does seem to drop a lot of passes. his hands just aren't elite. his best ability is getting open. he has great footwork. but he needs to stop dropping the passes. especially in clutch situations.

Someone should have asked Santonio what the Jets have won since he arrived in New Jersey. Oh that's right - nothing. Same as Buffalo.

Well, apparently the standard is now a ring with your current team? Rough goings for a guy that's had only one year with the jets and lost in the afc championship. I bet he wishes he consulted with you before assuming his ring lent him cred. Frankly it's not near as trashy as stevies move, but neither were all that important in the grand scheme.

It ain't what you say or how you dance, its whether you win or lose. The jets won the Bills lost. Deal with it.

If we wan't tough on offense we would have kept Incognito and drafted more studs like Levitre and Wood. It begins there. The jets drafted Ferguson and Mangold.

Talk is cheap.

The Bills are losers. You are what your record says you are.

Next year is the year we will see if they are turning the corner.

If they dont make progress, they need to star over again.

Ralph Wilson doesnt care if the team wins or loses anymore.

He is squeezing every penny he can out of it and not putting any back into it.

No team has more bad fortune than Buffalo with the exception of maybe Cleveland (and maybe Detroit if they dont make playoffs this year-which they probably wont...)

It is dumbfounding and unexplicable how things go for this team year after year after year....

I get that you're upset, but stop with the Ralph doesn't care crap!!!Give me a break! There is a way to vent, but saying Ralph doesn't care is way off base.

Whatever? What did he say that hasn't been said a million times already, and deservedly so.