Which Franchise is in worse position than Buffalo right now?

The only one I can come up with off the top of my head is Washington and maybe Miami. No QB, still missing alot of pieces offensively and defensively, disfunctional owner, overrated head coach that they are financially tied too... they are perhaps worse than the Bills IMO right now.

Its funny to think about it but the team that will have the #1 pick will have Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck at QB. They will have a franchise QB either way and can trade one away to build a dynasty around in one or 2 drafts...lol...that must really suck :thumbdown:

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't agree at all. This team not at all as bad as what is being suggested. See this team at present as being on the fence, the coming off season draft , next season and following draft from which a solid playoff team can be built with some wise choices and better depth. Alternately yes they could become a hopeless disappointing mess with little hope with poor decision making if they make for instance show and entertainment picks over solid infer-structure players Those far this season they have lost at least 5 games they easily could have won and at present be leading the division, crap happens its disappointing given the early success, which led far to many to over rate the current progress of team. Reality bites hard in the behind. This a improving team still lacking in a decent pass rush and solid depth and a number of positions. A little luck and they can get the rush they need, a little smarts and they will and can get the depth . This can be a playoff team (yes it can go the other way, glass half full , half empty, its every ones personal choice as you look forward).

First time in a long time i actually have some hope.... give them some space and i am saying this time next year we all will be a much happier fan base.

don't agree at all. This team not at all as bad as what is being suggested. See this team at present as being on the fence, the coming off season draft , next season and following draft from which a solid playoff team can be built with some wise choices and better depth. Alternately yes they could become a hopeless disappointing mess with little hope with poor decision making if they make for instance show and entertainment picks over solid infer-structure players Those far this season they have lost at least 5 games they easily could have won and at present be leading the division, crap happens its disappointing given the early success, which led far to many to over rate the current progress of team. Reality bites hard in the behind. This a improving team still lacking in a decent pass rush and solid depth and a number of positions. A little luck and they can get the rush they need, a little smarts and they will and can get the depth . This can be a playoff team (yes it can go the other way, glass half full , half empty, its every ones personal choice as you look forward).

First time in a long time i actually have some hope.... give them some space and i am saying this time next year we all will be a much happier fan base.

I'm with you, Millbank. I'm as frustrated with this team for the way they've played at times as anyone else is, but I really like some of the younger players we have, and I agree that we are moving in the right direction. A couple of more additions to the front 7 on D to go with a solid secondary and our D will be in good shape. On offense we get Freddy back, get our Oline healthy again, and find another weapon at WR. We have a TE who has shown us a lot of promise this year in Chandler, and Fitzy signed the extension so he's our guy at QB for now. I don't think we're that far away.

Oakland- if they fall off the cliff and wake up realizing they gave a #1 and another high round pick the year after.

yeah, I can't believe how much they gave up for Palmer. He's a nice QB, but fux sake!

Cleveland, they're going to move on from Colt, have no receivers, cant stop the run. I think they are close to the Bills but slightly worse.

Yeah, but Mike Holmgren has the team going in the right direction. He made out like a bandit with the Julio Jones trade, where he got Phil Taylor (playing at a pro-bowl level), Jabbaal Sheard, and Greg Little. All of those players look to be future studs. Now the Bills drafted Marcell Dareus who looks to be a stud, Aaron Williams (is playing good, but has been injured), and Kelvin Sheppard (who looks lost in coverage). I think Cleveland has a more bright future than us sadly.

Yeah, but Mike Holmgren has the team going in the right direction. He made out like a bandit with the Julio Jones trade, where he got Phil Taylor (playing at a pro-bowl level), Jabbaal Sheard, and Greg Little. All of those players look to be future studs. Now the Bills drafted Marcell Dareus who looks to be a stud, Aaron Williams (is playing good, but has been injured), and Kelvin Sheppard (who looks lost in coverage). I think Cleveland has a more bright future than us sadly.

And they will more than likely miss out on Luck and Barkley as well as Blackmon. So they will still have noodle arm Colt and no receivers. Good luck trying to get by the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals in that division also.

The only one I can come up with off the top of my head is Washington and maybe Miami. No QB, still missing alot of pieces offensively and defensively, disfunctional owner, overrated head coach that they are financially tied too... they are perhaps worse than the Bills IMO right now.

Its funny to think about it but the team that will have the #1 pick will have Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck at QB. They will have a franchise QB either way and can trade one away to build a dynasty around in one or 2 drafts...lol...that must really suck :thumbdown:

Miami is in better shape than we are.Not even close.

After this season ends there will be no team in worse shap than the Bill.

Why, you ask?

The Texans (expansion team), Bills and Lions currently have the longest playoff droughts. After this season it looks like the Bills maybe the only team left with 0 playoff appearances in the last 12 seasons.

Let me put that into perspective: 6/16 teams make the playoffs each season, a 37.5% chance of post season play. The Bills have found a way, in a league that boasts parity, to successfully elude that 37.5% chance 12 straight seasons. Any math majors out there that can calculate the mathematics of successfully avoiding a 37.5% chance at something 12 straight times? I'm serious, I'd be very curious to see the probability, just to laugh away the misery.

In fact, does anyone know how many other teams have missed the playoffs 12 straight seasons? I bet you there aren't many teams capable of that achievment.

Edited by Estro

They have no depth, and too many holes to fill.

They need to draft better to fill their problem areas.

Don't think they are worse than Indy, or maybe even Cleveland.

I like Chan Gailey. Think he was starting to turn this thing around

when injuries just took too many starters out.

After this season ends there will be no team in worse shap than the Bill.

Why, you ask?

The Texans (expansion team), Bills and Lions currently have the longest playoff droughts. After this season it looks like the Bills maybe the only team left with 0 playoff appearances in the last 12 seasons.

Let me put that into perspective: 6/16 teams make the playoffs each season, a 37.5% chance of post season play. The Bills have found a way, in a league that boasts parity, to successfully elude that 37.5% chance 12 straight seasons. Any math majors out there that can calculate the mathematics of successfully avoiding a 37.5% chance at something 12 straight times? I'm serious, I'd be very curious to see the probability, just to laugh away the misery.

In fact, does anyone know how many other teams have missed the playoffs 12 straight seasons? I bet you there aren't many teams capable of that achievment.

if making it is 37.5%, that means missing it is 62.5%

therefore you have a 39% chance to miss two years in a row, 24% chance to miss 3 years in a row, etc..

to miss 12 years in a row? 0.355%...that's roughly one third of one percent

obviously that's too simplistic of a way to look at it as there are too many factors to say everyone has an equal chance at making it, but it is a sobering stat nonetheless

if making it is 37.5%, that means missing it is 62.5%

therefore you have a 39% chance to miss two years in a row, 24% chance to miss 3 years in a row, etc..

to miss 12 years in a row? 0.355%...that's roughly one third of one percent

obviously that's too simplistic of a way to look at it as there are too many factors to say everyone has an equal chance at making it, but it is a sobering stat nonetheless

On the other hand, the system is designed for parity, so in theory every team starts out with an equal chance of making it.

It's not altogether different than some of the posters here that argue that if they took a poll on this board as to who to draft on draft day, they'd have done a better job than Modrak had over the last decade or so.