I've been so patient, but...

phypon

Nix and Chan have been in Charge for two years. Trust me I'm just as frustrated and want a winner now but that is just not going to happen over night. If Chanix had been here for ten years I'd be more than ready for change but if we want to win they need a good five years just like in the old days. Nix is a good GM and will get the players we need, we just need a real DC and we'll be all set.

Oh, you'd be ready for some change---if it was ten more years of this with Chan and Nix?? wow!

So if we had a "real DC", we'd be all set? Than what players do we need?

Why does SF seem to have changed thing almost overnight?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. You can't blow it up again. You need to be more patient as its only been two years and when building through the draft it takes [b]10-12[/b] :lol: years. We have a good base and just need to keep building on it. if you keep "blowing it up" every two years we will never have a winner. The only thing that needs changing is our DC and our retard hybrid, 34 players players can't play 43 and vice versa. We have been drafting 34 guys and need to continue to do so and actually run a 34. As the losses keep mounting hopefully Chan will realize this and make the change.

fixed it :cry:

Edited by IHFO

All true Doc, but the lack of depth can only be addressed in FA, and we have avowed a strategy of "rebuilding through the draft" (see my post above about keeping the team minimally competetive at the lowest cost). Without depth, we're going to see the cycle occur every year, fast start by young talent and then hit a wall when the first string starts getting hurt.

Nothing will change until ownership does.

Oh, you'd be ready for some change---if it was ten more years of this with Chan and Nix?? wow!

So if we had a "real DC", we'd be all set? Than what players do we need?

Why does SF seem to have changed thing almost overnight?

They had a lot of good players with a first time in over his head head coach. Chan Can obviously run a good offense with marginal players now we need a DC that can run a good D that has been drafted for for the past 2 years. Dareus is not a nose and Carrington and Johnson our not OLBs. They need to put their best players out there and let them play, all the rotation of players never lets them get into a rhythm and having 34 guys play 43 is dumb and is why Edwards should be fired.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

You make some very good points. I wish that the problem was only as simple as firing Chan. I do believe that he is a very mediocre coach - there's a lot of them out there. The problem stems not only from Chan's inability to use his talent, but also from our GM's inability to give him players that can play. It's a two way street here fans.

The man that holds the key to making this a winning franchise is NOT Buddy Nix. It's NOT Chan Gailey. It's not Ryan Fitzpatrick.

It's Ralph Wilson. He will not hire a competent GM to run this team and even if he did give up the money and the power, no one wants to work for Old man Wilson.

The biggest problem with this franchise is RALPH.

Amen brother...!!!

I think one of the causes of the Bills problems today is that they didn't end the Jauron reign of error earlier. Really, how much better would the team be right now if after two years, Ralph would have said, enough. Enough with the Tampa 2 undersize defense, enough with the clueless offensive schemes, enough with the tin-man leadership.

Nix has failed to impress during his time as GM. He has some successes, but the best players on the team (Jackson, Fitz, Johnson, Wilson), were aquired under Levy, which is evidence that a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Through drafts and FA, Nix has had the opportunity to bring in 25 or so players over his first two seasons. That means he could have staffed two defensive rosters. And despite his aquisitons, the defense is nowhere close to being able to stop the run, and they are shakey at best against the pass. They can't set the edge; they can't rush the passer; they can't cover the middle; and they can't cover downfield.

Even worse, despite working with George Edwards for two seasons, the personnel is not aligned with the schemes they are running. When the team lines a backup DT at OLB in a 3/4 scheme, you have to wonder what the hell the GM is doing.

If you are in favor of "blowing it all up" every 2 years, the team will NEVER make the playoffs again.

How about giving them a little longer than 23 months?

Agreed. While I am not happy with the teamn, or the season, blowing it up now solves nothing.

Ever wonder why good GMs won't (or haven't) come here?

How many changes have we made since John Butler left. We are on the fourth. That is a sad statistic in itself.

So far not one change has been better than the previous.

Agreed. While I am not happy with the teamn, or the season, blowing it up now solves nothing.

Ever wonder why good GMs won't (or haven't) come here?

How many changes have we made since John Butler left. We are on the fourth. That is a sad statistic in itself.

So far not one change has been better than the previous.

Sticking with incompetent leadership will also get you nowhere.

The reason why no good GMs come to Buffalo is because Ralp refuses to conduct a real interview process when it's time to replace the last bozo. You can't hire the next up-and-comer if you refuse to interview anybody but your old lackeys.

The only way for this team to win, is for Ralph to sell the team to someone committed to winning. Everything the FO does is calculated to keep the team minimally competetive at the lowest possible cost.

Ralph wont sell it .

So as Bills Fans this is what we get. Your post should be post of the year.

Sticking with incompetent leadership will also get you nowhere.

The reason why no good GMs come to Buffalo is because Ralp refuses to conduct a real interview process when it's time to replace the last bozo. You can't hire the next up-and-comer if you refuse to interview anybody but your old lackeys.

Please call "Ralp" and explain this to him.

And then have sucked ever since. If you want a "one year flash in the pan" then we arent on the same page. I want the FO to build the team into a stable perennial contender. The Dolphins did not rebuild, they had one lucky year.

They may suck, but they spotted the Bills five losses in a row and are now getting ready to pass them for third place in the AFC East.

Regarding "lucky," the Bills have been lucky and/or competitive for a few games in a row during the last dozen years, but never a whole season. So don't knock a Cinderella season until we have one this century.

Wow, you mean the team has regressed as we sent 13 players to IR? Amazing...

We had 6 rookies start/play today and they held their own to keep it close. Im not happy with the loss, but I see promise out of what they are starting to build.

Most importantly, Whaley hasnt been here very long and it looks like he is improving the team.

Take a breath, NO ONE has rebuilt a team in one year. Not the Dolphins. Not the Falcons.

It seems that EVERY team in the NFL has rebuilt at some point, and much faster than we have. For example, the Lions, the Falcons, etc.. And this is not one year. It's been 11. Having people on IR is NO EXCUSE. Injuries happen to every team at every position. You need to have backups that can play. We have no depth at all. That is the fault of the FO and coaching staff.

Edited by RyanC883

Wow, you mean the team has regressed as we sent 13 players to IR? Amazing...

We had 6 rookies start/play today and they held their own to keep it close. Im not happy with the loss, but I see promise out of what they are starting to build.

Most importantly, Whaley hasnt been here very long and it looks like he is improving the team.

Take a breath, NO ONE has rebuilt a team in one year. Not the Dolphins. Not the Falcons.

Please see San Francisco... Just sayin

wow, just when I thought this thread couldnt get any more uninformed....

Are you still trying to run Modrak and Guy out of town? Or do you seriously want to get rid of Whaley and Nix?

:lol: :lol: who's uninformed? yes, shockingly enough, i want rid of the owner and his beancounters who have nickel and dimed us into perpetual suckitude...and yes nix was a joke from day 1.

spiller at 9. give me a break.

our front office has been a disaster for years, and the rot starts at the very top. where the hell have you been?