proud of the 2nd half defense

Nothing personal, but I would punch you in the face if I could right now. :thumbsup:

I second that. They had 30 plays to our 11 early in the fourth. Not giving up points is meaningless is you give up time and can't put your offense on the field. Wake up.

Can't blame the defense for .... chandlers fumble.....or roosevelt dropping a first down pass....

or long sustained titans drives or for giving up 23 points or for not getting any turnovers or for the offense not having good field possession or for not pressuring hasselbeck all day

or long sustained titans drives or for giving up 23 points or for not getting any turnovers or for the offense not having good field possession or for not pressuring hasselbeck all day

At least the d kept fighting in the second half.That was good to see. Gotta look for something positive in this joke franchise.

I second that. They had 30 plays to our 11 early in the fourth. Not giving up points is meaningless is you give up time and can't put your offense on the field. Wake up.

3rd. Our defense wasn't atrocious, but they weren't by any stretch good. When you're playing from behind, giving up time is bad too.

The Barnett sack was nice to watch, and a couple good pass breakups

george, is that you??

LOL! :devil:

Can't blame the defense for .... chandlers fumble.....or roosevelt dropping a first down pass....

That wasn't a fumble. That was a gang-rape with a herd of zebras playing observer of the sociopathology.

Johnson had 106 yards on 9 carries...in the first half

Second half 14 carries for 47 yards .... (also was tackled 3 times for lost yards)

Spiller had 75 yards..... in the first half on 10 carries.... finished with 83 yards only 3 carries. In the 2nd half.... I've given the defense a hard time all year even when we were forcing turnovers .... but in the 2nd half they stepped up....the offensive play calling was questionanble

Second half 14 carries for 47 yards .... (also was tackled 3 times for lost yards)

Spiller had 75 yards..... in the first half on 10 carries.... finished with 83 yards only 3 carries. In the 2nd half.... I've given the defense a hard time all year even when we were forcing turnovers .... but in the 2nd half they stepped up....the offensive play calling was questionanble

With all respect, I think you're confusing "defense that is now getting a stop on some of the drives" with "defense to be proud of"

It is true that our defense did play better in the 2nd half.

It is also true that when your team is behind, defense that enables two drives of >6 minutes ending in scores is not defense to be proud of.

In case you didn't notice, the final score was 23-17 and the two Tenn FG in the 2nd half won the game

With all respect, I think you're confusing "defense that is now getting a stop on some of the drives" with "defense to be proud of"

It is true that our defense did play better in the 2nd half.

It is also true that when your team is behind, defense that enables two drives of >6 minutes ending in scores is not defense to be proud of.

In case you didn't notice, the final score was 23-17 and the two Tenn FG in the 2nd half won the game

I understand...but they have the offense 2 chances to take over the game.... if the offense scores on either one of those drives it shift the whole game but whatever its done

Much easier to play run defense when you know the opposition's offense is playing to kill the clock. If the game had been even or the

Bills ahead, the defense would have had a much tougher time bottling up CJ if they couldn't sell out against the run because they'd have

had to respect the pass, too.