(OT)Did anyone go to school/play football with

I was a senior at Hermitage High School in Richmond when Jamie Sharper was a Sophomore and Darren Sharper and Shawn Barber were Freshmen. Everyone knew Jamie Sharper would play Div 1, but Darren and Shawn were absolutely tiny when they were Freshmen (incidentally both played Div 1AA). Just bored on a Christmas Eve morning. Merry Christmas to all.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Bell was on my highschool football team. He broke Hershal Walkers high school rushing record, played at Boston College, then won a Superbowl with San Fran his rookie year. He was a running back and kick returner in the NFL but injuries cut his career short. Jim was the fastest person I have ever seen

I played against Greg Mamula when he went to Lackawanna High School. I was the Quarterback for my team and he was a monster even in High School. He drilled me a couple of times that day. Too bad he didn't have as good of a pro career with Philly. Kinda cool having played against someone that went to the pros.

I was a teaching assistant at the University at Buffalo a few years ago and one of my students was Mark Graham, who was in training camp with the Bills this preseason. I also went to the same high school (Kenmore West) and university (UB)as Jim McNally, of course he was there in the 60s, well before I was attended. My high school Global Studies was an offensive lineman at Syracuse and clamed to play with Jim Brown.

I use to play football with LB Niko Koutivadas of the seahwaks everyday after school....he was about 4 years younger than me but i was good friends with his brother so there were alot of kids in the neighborhood and we would play football everyday after school got out!

Considering he was the little kid of the group......he took a hell of a beating cause alot of te time it was tackle and Niko always left battered and bruised but he came everyday and he was a tough kid and its fitting hes a linebacker now.....hope he never sees me again on a football field cause he owes me a few shots!

I play with Bay(elsewhere known as Rolland) Lawrence, a former All-Pro corner with Atlanta; Rob Whiting, who claims to be a former UDFA with the Broncos; a few years ago we used to have a guy named Ray (can't remember his last name, but his firstname was BigPlay:) who spent a year at DE with the Raiders(primarily inactive); and a couple other guys who have spent some time in NFL camps.

And I would like to echo Pete's sentiment about speed. I cannot even begin to decsribe how some of these guys move. I've got very good quicks and at 50, Bay can still break my ankles at will. :lol:

Cya

I played 3 years of football on the O-Line for Shenendehowa High School and I played against Anthony Weaver, the DT who plays for the Baltimore Ravens. Actually played against him twice. He was playing for Saratoga Springs High School at the time, and I feel no shame in admitting he beat my ass all over the field, I was lucky he only got one sack on me. The guy is BUILT like a rock, but sadly about as smart as one too. Nice guy though, just kinda dumb.

I went to the same High School as Mike Mularkey, Northeast Highschool in Oakland Park, FL.

He graduated 25 years before me though, but we had some of the same teachers.

Also, a kid from my High School named Demetri Stewart just signed with University Of Miami as one of their top recruits.

I played in HS with Eric Lane who played with Manning at TN and then a season with the Giants at FB. He was a RB in HS but Fulmer made him into a FB. Jim Finn the Giants cuurent FB (he also played for the Colts) was a Freshman when I was a Senior in HS

Went to college with the Garrett brothers and Dean Cain, although Dean was the only one I met (I was a freshman when he was a senior and had friends on the volleyball team -- he also played v-ball); that year, John Garrett (WR) was a senior, Jason Garrett (QB) a junior, and Judd Garrett (RB) a sophomore. John and Judd Garrett and Dean Cain all were in camp with the Bills at one time or another but none made the active roster.

My brothers and I went to high school, played football, and even little league baseball with Plaxico Burress.

Kinda fiiting 2 years ago when he got arrested for public intoxication, it was my brother that had to kick him and his "entourage" out of one of the clubs at the virginia beach oceanfront.

I always tell people that he is the second player in Steelers history that couldn't spell cat if you gave him the "c" and the "a"....not the brightest fella in the world.