bills are 0-4 since honoring Norwood

uticaclub

Just plain stupid, honoring Nprwood is a salute to defeat and short comings! Why not honor Christie...he only made the game winning FG in the greatest comeback in NFL history!...we cheered at the rally after SB25 for Scott, that's more that enough for him. The number 11 bills jersey has always turned my stomach. If they wanted to be nostalgic why not honor someone worth honoring!

Haven't even been to the playoffs since the "Music City Mirage."

The Flutie Curse has taken firm hold. Before he took over for Rob Johnson's 0-3 start and turned into a 10-3 finish, the Bills were not selling season tickets and the lease was not gonna renew. Flutie virtually saved the franchise. He gets zero gratitude from fans/media because of a) his personality (wtf cares?) and b) the zealousness of his followers (kinda like the Tebow backlash).

The fact remains, without Flutie, the Bills might have moved by now.

Getting back to Norwood, the whiteout/pom pom thing was stupid too.

How are you supposed to bang on stuff and make noise if you're waving (sound deadening) pom poms like a girl?

Just plain stupid, honoring Nprwood is a salute to defeat and short comings! Why not honor Christie...he only made the game winning FG in the greatest comeback in NFL history!...we cheered at the rally after SB25 for Scott, that's more that enough for him. The number 11 bills jersey has always turned my stomach. If they wanted to be nostalgic why not honor someone worth honoring!

While we're criticizing Bills promotions (Norwood, Pom Poms), when we did that uniform unveiling, all the "models" were wearing the number 11… presumably because we're in the calendar year 2011.

But that number has bad karma for the Bills (Norwood, RJ, Bledsoe) and physically, the number 11 makes whomever wears it look thin. That was another stupid decision. A football team isn't made up of a bunch of guys wearing number 11.

What they should have done was look at the models' body type and work with him to pick out a number which he likes and which also looks good on him.

They've done a good job of regionalizing the franchise but some of their promotional stuff is just god-awful.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

The only curse this team has is the Curse of Pete Gogolak - the Bills haven't won a league title since Wellington Mara stole him away from us.

(Nix could have solved 'The Curse' by siging Kevin Boothe away from the Giants when he was a free agent, IMO. Coulda used the o-line depth, too. :wallbash:)

I wouldn't give Flutie the credit of being able to pull off a curse. If he had such powers his kid wouldn't have autism. I blame it on the bad karma from cutting Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed all in the same day.

does anyone else get annoyed when you read a comment like that and realize that you cheer for the same team as this d-bag? no offense to d-bags anywhere

Are you guys f*n kidding me!!!!!!! In the thread before this event happened I said do we "booh" him??? And than I got flamed like a M*F!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Yeah but it's not the same thing… the question of whether to boo someone vs the idea of having the event in the first place.

A person can think the event is a bad idea but not want to boo Norwood.

Come to think of it, a person can think the event was a good idea just so he/she can boo Norwood.

does anyone else get annoyed when you read a comment like that and realize that you cheer for the same team as this d-bag? no offense to d-bags anywhere

Yes. The autism comment was from the Stevie Johnson School of Classlessness. (is that a word?)

this is the biggest mistake the franchise made if you ask me. They should have honored flutie instead, and attempted to lift the flutie curse.

I orginally said this was a bad idea on this board. Didn't want that guy anywhere near Ralph Wilson Stadium. Everyone laughed it off. Definately was a bad idea. Who honors someone for losing the Super bowl??? Only in Buffalo :wallbash:

I wouldn't give Flutie the credit of being able to pull off a curse. If he had such powers his kid wouldn't have autism. I blame it on the bad karma from cutting Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed all in the same day.

You need to change your name to "jerkincalifornia," buddy. This is a disgusting comment.

I orginally said this was a bad idea on this board. Didn't want that guy anywhere near Ralph Wilson Stadium. Everyone laughed it off. Definately was a bad idea. Who honors someone for losing the Super bowl??? Only in Buffalo :wallbash:

It is only some of the fans that think Norwood lost the Bills the Superbowl, the players don't. I remember watching it thinking WTF are they doing, why aren't they trying to get closer for the kick, they had plenty of time and were content with just staying in the middle of the field.