Gailey showed a different side this last game

1billsfan

I've been very critical of Gailey's coaching job this past month, but against the Jets he showed me something different. Did anyone else notice that Gailey really seemed much more engaged with the players on the sideline? He was showing some real emotion? The last time I saw this was during the Raiders and Patriots games. I really do think that players feed off of that stuff. If the head coach looks unemotional as if they don't care, I think you will get a team that can fall flat or worse, blown out.

Gailey did a very good job and I hope he keeps this new energetic, emotional and involved attitude going the rest of the season. I'm relieved that he has this side to him. Makes me believe that we really can win the last 5 remaining games.

I've been very critical of Gailey's coaching job this past month, but against the Jets he showed me something different. Did anyone else notice that Gailey really seemed much more engaged with the players on the sideline? He was showing some real emotion? The last time I saw this was during the Raiders and Patriots games. I really do think that players feed off of that stuff. If the head coach looks unemotional as if they don't care, I think you will get a team that can fall flat or worse, blown out.

Gailey did a very good job and I hope he keeps this new energetic, emotional and involved attitude going the rest of the season. I'm relieved that he has this side to him. Makes me believe that we really can win the last 5 remaining games.

A coach can inspire not motivate players who are paid professionals. Unmotivated players like Jamarcus Russell and Albert Hanynesworth sooner than later fail in the NFL. And I you think the Bills can win the last 5 remaining games, I take a hit of whatever you're smoking.

If we need Chan to pump the players we've got real problems.

I have said this and I will continue to say it.....

Chan is a good coach

The fact that we were in a position to think about playoffs at a certain point this year with undrafted free agents and late round picks manning starting positions shows that.....

To me his real downfall is his loyalty to his coaches.....he looks like he is going to defend Edwards to the end.......when in fact Edwards should already have been fired.

If we need Chan to pump the players we've got real problems.

Tell that to the players on the 49ers. Today's players need to feel that their coach is emotionally invested. Look at the successes that coaches like Rex Ryan, Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh have had. A big part of it is that they show an emotional connection to their teams.

Emotions always placate fans but they don't win games. Talent and solid coaching in that order wins, and right now Buffalo doesn't have enough of either.

I like Gailey, but he's working without enough resources to win enough and make the post-season. E.G., Buffalo has a tendency to use the draft to either A) replace departed veterans in UFA or B) draft skill position players. This is why during the Levy/Brandon/Jauron/Nix/Gailey era they've lost 60% of their games. There is no rebuilding actually happening, and will not until top management begins allocating sufficient resources toward personnel.

Emotions always placate fans but they don't win games. Talent and solid coaching in that order wins, and right now Buffalo doesn't have enough of either.

I like Gailey, but he's working without enough resources to win enough and make the post-season. E.G., Buffalo has a tendency to use the draft to either A) replace departed veterans in UFA or B) draft skill position players. This is why during the Levy/Brandon/Jauron/Nix/Gailey era they've lost 60% of their games. There is no rebuilding actually happening, and will not until top management begins allocating sufficient resources toward personnel.

+1

I have said this and I will continue to say it.....

Chan is a good coach

The fact that we were in a position to think about playoffs at a certain point this year with undrafted free agents and late round picks manning starting positions shows that.....

To me his real downfall is his loyalty to his coaches.....he looks like he is going to defend Edwards to the end.......when in fact Edwards should already have been fired.

Even if you dont love him - shortened camp isnt great for bringing in a new guy with new schemes (not to mention he had little talent to work with last year, and still doesnt have a pass rusher which is vital in any scheme), and then in the middle of a playoff run (atleast start of one) you just dont fire a coordinator. if he is here next year i will be shocked, but it makes sense why he got the nod this year and is still around. Who was the last team at .500 that fired a coordinator? not trying to be a jerk on that, but generally curious if it ever happened.

Tell that to the players on the 49ers. Today's players need to feel that their coach is emotionally invested. Look at the successes that coaches like Rex Ryan, Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh have had. A big part of it is that they show an emotional connection to their teams.

Or did you just find three guys that have good schemes and generally really solid rosters? Plenty of amped up guys fail, and of course guys like chan do succeed.

I've never seen any iron sharpeners. Usually it's a stone of some sort.

I have several files in my workshop that are made of metal (now an alloy of some sort, but used to be made of iron before alloys were discovered) that are designed to shave other metals (including iron).

Also ... That phrase shouldn't be attributed to Tebow ... It's Proverbs 27:17

I've never seen any iron sharpeners. Usually it's a stone of some sort.

Oft times industrial diamonds are used.

Seriously, Gailey is a pretty fiery, emotional guy. You can clearly see that side in his press conferences, he takes losing very hard. Win or lose he often speaks with passion.

Just cause he's not one of these "I'm young and work out in the weight room with the players" coaches doesn't mean that he's not emotional or connected to his players.

I think the players like and respect Gailey and I think also that he's a good motivator.

I think pro athletes are self-motivated to about 90 percent or so and then the coaches can push the needle up from there… depending on how well they motivate. I think occasionally that 2-3% extra makes a difference in a game although I think talent is a bigger factor and also strategy.

It's hard to be motivated as a player no matter what the pep talk was, if you think your coaches are being outcoached by the other side.

If motivation was all there was to it, guys like Jerry Faust, Frank Ganz, Les Steckel, etc etc etc would be in the Hall of Fame.

The greatest thing an NFL coach can bring to the table is the ability to outsmart his counterpart on the other side and have his players execute his strategies flawlessly.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

If Gailey was left with the teams that Rex and Mike inherited, He would be in the playoffs as well. He was unfortunately left will the B-lo bills. Which is not a very talented team. He found some guys who can play that were never really heard ofoutside of Western NY. I think he is a good coach and has a done a very good job whith what he has