Barny Frank to retire

DaveinElma

30 years in office, huh? Anybody see the potential issues with 30 years of entrenched Public Service?

I do.

and it is perfectfully illustrated by the fact that Maxine Waters ( that well known banking expert) is the next dem (in line) to replace Frank as the ranking Dem on the banking committee.

I should buy more gold.

Yes, Barney Frank single-handedly took down the housing market, and the US economy.... :rolleyes:

No...but if you try to answer the question "Who bears the most responsibility of any single person?" he's close to the top of the list.

Tops, in my opinion, would be the founder of Countrywide, the CEO of WaMu, and - toping the list - the inventor of the "sure, you can buy a million-dollar home on $30k a year!" neg-am IO ARM.

This represents a bigger deal than Barney. As more and more senior Democrats retire, the realization is sinking in that there is no next generation of Democrats.

The younger generation of Democrats in Congress was wiped out in 2010 (along with some senior Democrats as well).

Dozens of senior Democratic Party leaders in the House and Senate, and in Statehouses around the country lost. Unlike Republicans in 2008, there is no next generation of Democratic leaders.

Who are the Democratic Party equivalents of Marco Rubio, Mitch Daniels, John Thune, Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan or Eric Cantor?

The Republican Party has numerous rising stars. I cannot think of a single Democratic Party rising star.

Can you?

Democrats in Congress have lost both their past and their future. Barney Franks retirement is just another example.

Edited by B-Man

30 years in office, huh? Anybody see the potential issues with 30 years of entrenched Public Service?

Those jerkwads need term limits. No one should have a lifetime job in Congress like Frank, Kennedy, Byrd, Thurmond, Pelosi, etc.

Those jerkwads need term limits. No one should have a lifetime job in Congress like Frank, Kennedy, Byrd, Thurmond, Pelosi, etc.

Then, who becomes chairmen of committees? The whole thing is based on seniority. Not saying I disagree with you, but, we'd need a plan to deal with the consequences.

and it is perfectfully illustrated by the fact that Maxine Waters ( that well known banking expert) is the next dem (in line) to replace Frank as the ranking Dem on the banking committee.

and anyone who understands anything about the financial markets gets body chills over that prospect. And no, it's not because banks are afraid of her, it's that the banks don't like to be ruled by clueless people. Waters' questions during the Congressional hearings on financial reform should be evidence enough that she shouldn't be trusted with balancing her checkbook, let alone setting policy on financial markets.

and anyone who understands anything about the financial markets gets body chills over that prospect. And no, it's not because banks are afraid of her, it's that the banks don't like to be ruled by clueless people. Waters' questions during the Congressional hearings on financial reform should be evidence enough that she shouldn't be trusted with balancing her checkbook, let alone setting policy on financial markets.

That's why she needs to be kept in the minority.

The mere existence of a Senate Banking Committee gives me the willies. :ph34r: