[Updated] Fred Jackson [goes on IR]

Observer

I'm worried that Chan will just go five wide and not even bother with a run game. I would like to see if Spiller gets better with more touches, and I would also like to see if Johnny White has any potential. I have always thought that Corey McIntyre should get a chance to be a bigger part of the offense and get a few chances to carry the ball or get a little dump off pass. Now is the time to try it, but I bet it won't happen.

I also worry about Spiller and fumbles. He fumbled a few times last year, and last week he carried the ball in one hand in traffic. This week could be interesting. Probably not pretty, but definitely interesting.

I think you're going to get your wish.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddy's twitter- "#BillsMafia Keep sendin in those Probowl votes. I wanna play 1 more game this season!! I need ur help to do it. Can't go out like this." ..... You gotta feel for this guy. He put everything into this season. Too bad he plays for the most cursed team in the NFL. Keep voting though. This guy deserves his spot at the ProBowl! :(

What is it with this team? Why so many injuries? I know there are guys on here that will swear up and down that the Bills don't get injured any more than any other team, but I just can't think of a team that has had this many major season ending injuries year after year. What the hell is going on?

i havenot seen this many injuries since the 2-14 season.. then we hired rusty,,, bring back rusty... pleaseeeee!

07 was pretty bad as well or was that 08? I forget but one of those Jauron years. This Fred thing really sucks! FEED Cory some footballs Chan, you won't be disappointed.

I bet the Jets film on the Bills is useless. Other teams have had the Bills offense figured out for the past few weeks. It's a whole new offense starting this week. New backfield, new receivers. I would assume that Chan will have new plays and tactics, and nobody will know what to expect.

Having him in the lineup last time didn't result in a win last time, guess they will have to try something new in the offence this time and rely on Fitz and the passing game to get them going :wallbash:

F$tz and the passing game.... No Jackson......SSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That's one gigantic tinfoil hat.

And a whole suit of tinfoil.

Guys, not to be the voice of reason, but we were done pretty much when we got blown out against the Fish. Can't lose that game and be a playoff team, while had we won it we would have been in the hunt.

Now we can sit back and see what this team can do with the pressure off. With our best OL, our best DL, our best LB, and now our best skill (and overall) player on IR, things are pretty bleak, but we are still a 5-5 team with a chance to play some football, win some games, and have the best season we have had in a long time.

Now that the playoffs are out the window this can get back to being a building year, and I want us to hurry and get our 6th win so we can get our 7th, 8th, and maybe 9th before we run out of games. Huge injuries across the board and we are in place to have our first 500 season in a long time? Name one team that lost its two best offensive players and its two best defensive players (Merriman might be a reach) and then went on to its best finish in seven years and ended the longest head to head losing streak with its archrival?

I'm also excited to see CJ, and get a clearer idea of what we have. Sitting behind Freddie is understandable, but if he can't take advantage of this opportunity to show his value he will lose the support that me and a few others have held on to.

So let's sit back, and enjoy exceeding the low expectations people have of us, just like we did in the first quarter of the season. Not the season I was hoping for a month ago, but can still be a positive overall if they play hard, win some more games, and continue to grow towards the 2012 season.

Guys, not to be the voice of reason, but we were done pretty much when we got blown out against the Fish. Can't lose that game and be a playoff team, while had we won it we would have been in the hunt.

Now we can sit back and see what this team can do with the pressure off. With our best OL, our best DL, our best LB, and now our best skill (and overall) player on IR, things are pretty bleak, but we are still a 5-5 team with a chance to play some football, win some games, and have the best season we have had in a long time.

Now that the playoffs are out the window this can get back to being a building year, and I want us to hurry and get our 6th win so we can get our 7th, 8th, and maybe 9th before we run out of games. Huge injuries across the board and we are in place to have our first 500 season in a long time? Name one team that lost its two best offensive players and its two best defensive players (Merriman might be a reach) and then went on to its best finish in seven years and ended the longest head to head losing streak with its archrival?

I'm also excited to see CJ, and get a clearer idea of what we have. Sitting behind Freddie is understandable, but if he can't take advantage of this opportunity to show his value he will lose the support that me and a few others have held on to.

So let's sit back, and enjoy exceeding the low expectations people have of us, just like we did in the first quarter of the season. Not the season I was hoping for a month ago, but can still be a positive overall if they play hard, win some more games, and continue to grow towards the 2012 season.

Great post! It might be a blessing in disguise (a really ugly disguise; I'm thinking "Rob Ryan in drag" ugly) to finally let CJ sink or swim as an NFL player. At least we won't be left guessing when it comes to actually evaluating him...

I'm also excited to see CJ, and get a clearer idea of what we have.[/size] Sitting behind Freddie is understandable, but if he can't take advantage of this opportunity to show his value he will lose the support that me and a few others have held on to.

Will Chan use Choice and we still won't know what CJ (or Johnny White) can do? That would clearly indicate that Chan has no faith in the guys that were drafted during his tenure. I would hate that.