Doom and gloom

Nitro

Until the Jets game, everyone was high on the Bills. They ignored the fact that the defense was playing a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel and they had no pass rush. The Jets and Dallas dismantled the defense. The offsense in a blink of an eye became the second worst in the NFL. Injuries hurt every team. Depth on most teams is thin. This is not unique to Buffalo. GMs have to save cash where they can. So now the doom and gloom crowd is out in full throat. Fire players, coaches, gm, scouts etc or sell the team.

Solution is for the team to win. Fitz mechanics have been horrid the past 3 games. Note setting his feet and sailing his passes. That leads to tipped balls and turn overs. The O-line has held up well with injuries. The need for wide out speed is obvious. SO Chan...put the WRs in motion. Prevents the jam at the line. How about rolling out Fitz to open the field of vision? Lastly...switch to 4-3, stick with it. play zone, the dbs can't cover 1 on 1. More line stunts to pressure the QB up the middle. Romo had a clear field on most passes.

Errors can be fixed. Just stop the dire, doom and gloom rants.

Until the Jets game, everyone was high on the Bills. They ignored the fact that the defense was playing a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel and they had no pass rush. The Jets and Dallas dismantled the defense. The offsense in a blink of an eye became the second worst in the NFL. Injuries hurt every team. Depth on most teams is thin. This is not unique to Buffalo. GMs have to save cash where they can. So now the doom and gloom crowd is out in full throat. Fire players, coaches, gm, scouts etc or sell the team.

Solution is for the team to win. Fitz mechanics have been horrid the past 3 games. Note setting his feet and sailing his passes. That leads to tipped balls and turn overs. The O-line has held up well with injuries. The need for wide out speed is obvious. SO Chan...put the WRs in motion. Prevents the jam at the line. How about rolling out Fitz to open the field of vision? Lastly...switch to 4-3, stick with it. play zone, the dbs can't cover 1 on 1. More line stunts to pressure the QB up the middle. Romo had a clear field on most passes.

As a 40+ year Bills fan, I have "seen it all" and... a team getting smoked like this 3 games in a row deserves all the doom and gloom rants that are written. They are a joke!

I'm usually optimistic about the Bills, but after the last 3 games, that optimism is gone. I honestly believe that the Bills won't win another game this season. With the enormous amount of injuries and no quality depth whatsoever, I don't see how the Bills can win another game.

It's one thing when the Bills were losing close games, with some occasional blowouts last season, but the Bills have been getting blown out and manhandled the last 3 weeks in a row. I don't get why Boss Hogg & Cooter haven't signed a veteran WR (like T.O.) to come in for the rest of the season. I haven't checked to see who is available, but can't the Bills bring in some FA OLB's and DB's as well for the rest of the season. By not bringing in FA's at this point to replace the injured players, is the same throwing in the towel for the season.

I don't wish injuries on anyone, but I'm glad Donald Jones is not in the line up, that guy can't catch a ball to save his life.

I'm with everyone on Brad Smith. He looks so slow returning kickoffs. Everytime he lines up in the wildcat, he always runs to the left side and runs in the back of the O-linemen. Why doesn't Gailey do something more creative with the wildcat? Like having Smith throw the ball occasionally (like Fred jackson did, when he threw a TD pass to Evans a few years ago in the wildcat).

I don't get why Gailey doesn't use any reverses and have Jackson & Spiller lined up in the backfield. IMO, Gailey should switch David Nelson to the #2 WR position and give Spiller a shot at the slot WR position. Spiller has the speed, plus he's a high draft pick, so why not try and get some use out of him?

I'm usually optimistic about the Bills, but after the last 3 games, that optimism is gone. I honestly believe that the Bills won't win another game this season. With the enormous amount of injuries and no quality depth whatsoever, I don't see how the Bills can win another game.

It's one thing when the Bills were losing close games, with some occasional blowouts last season, but the Bills have been getting blown out and manhandled the last 3 weeks in a row. I don't get why Boss Hogg & Cooter haven't signed a veteran WR (like T.O.) to come in for the rest of the season. I haven't checked to see who is available, but can't the Bills bring in some FA OLB's and DB's as well for the rest of the season. By not bringing in FA's at this point to replace the injured players, is the same throwing in the towel for the season.

I don't wish injuries on anyone, but I'm glad Donald Jones is not in the line up, that guy can't catch a ball to save his life.

I'm with everyone on Brad Smith. He looks so slow returning kickoffs. Everytime he lines up in the wildcat, he always runs to the left side and runs in the back of the O-linemen. Why doesn't Gailey do something more creative with the wildcat? Like having Smith throw the ball occasionally (like Fred jackson did, when he threw a TD pass to Evans a few years ago in the wildcat).

I don't get why Gailey doesn't use any reverses and have Jackson & Spiller lined up in the backfield. IMO, Gailey should switch David Nelson to the #2 WR position and give Spiller a shot at the slot WR position. Spiller has the speed, plus he's a high draft pick, so why not try and get some use out of him?

Now that is the appropriate word... "manhandled"... 3 games in a row; that is the reason for "doom and gloom" (and the reason for fans to call this team out).

maybe YOU offer some "OK" solutions to the problems we are seeing with this team, but the doom and gloom is b/c our coaching staff has done NOTHING to change the way the team is playing/getting manhandled, so yes while I agree there are things that can fix our problems, they arent being done - hence the doom and gloom rants

The first 7 games of the season were a gift -- appreciate them for what they were. Rebuilding through the draft after years of mediocre at best and just plain bad top half of the draft picks is not going to be a one year process. No one will criticize an individual fan for abandoning ship after a dozen years of this crap or for being very critical-- but I choose to stay and cheer, be a pollyanna and be persecuted by fans of other teams. Its my penance for being a less than perfect (far less than perfect) human being. I am loyal to a far less than perfect football team.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Really? The other teams around the league lack a backup center? How about 5 wide receivers, do they have 5 of them? Or, do they put a running back on the field as a wide receiver? This team is thinner than most for 1 reason. One of Ralph's butt cheeks is closer to the chair than the other.

Just one impact player would be nice - ONE. Just ONE player that you can see is a difference maker every single week. Just ONE player to give this joke of a franchise an identity. How many failed first round picks do they have to miss before they get ONE.....

There are three guys right now on the roster that are difference makers. Barnett, Jackson and Darius. Darius and Barnett are the reason why the worst run D in the league is now not. Jackson is the only guy that shows up every game. After those three it's a steep cliff.

+1

Edited by Fan in San Diego

I don't see why anyone would be upset either? Maybe you can sprinkle some of your fairy dust on the organization and fix the biggest mess in the NFL? Waive your magic wand? There must be something you can do with all your positive thinking after getting embarrassed three straight weeks, and 11 or 12 straight seasons.

The first 7 games of the season were a gift -- appreciate them for what they were. Rebuilding through the draft after years of mediocre at best and just plain bad top half of the draft picks is not going to be a one year process. No one will criticize an individual fan for abandoning ship after a dozen years of this crap or for being very critical-- but I choose to stay and cheer, be a pollyanna and be persecuted by fans of other teams. Its my penance for being a less than perfect (far less than perfect) human being. I am loyal to a far less than perfect football team.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Well said. Happy Thanksgiving to you also Joe.

Except for the KC and Wash games, this team has been lousy in the first half. It's finally catching up to them. There is some really poor planning going on for each game. I like Gailey, but I have to wonder why his boys are never ready for a game.

Just one impact player would be nice - ONE. Just ONE player that you can see is a difference maker every single week. Just ONE player to give this joke of a franchise an identity. How many failed first round picks do they have to miss before they get ONE.....

The Bills have a horrible record with 1st round draft picks, the sole exception being Eric Wood. Could you imagine with all the later round picks and undrafted FAs we've made a great call on, what this team could be like if we coud hit on even a couple of our day 1 picks from time to time? Poor drafting on rounds 1-3 = no depth, far less impact!

There are three guys right now on the roster that are difference makers. Barnett, Jackson and Darius. Darius and Barnett are the reason why the worst run D in the league is now not. Jackson is the only guy that shows up every game. After those three it's a steep cliff.

I think what you said completely says it all about this team. There are three difference makers playing currently. And when healthy Levitre, Wood, and George Wilson could start for any team in the league. (I know a bunch of you love Mangold, but Wood is only negligibly behind him, especially in run blocking) That being said, this team is a disgrace. Looking back since the 2001 season, the team has been anywhere from above average (six game win streak against marginal opponents in 2004 and 5-1 start in 2008) to very mediocre to below average under Jauron, to downright bad over the majority of the rest of the past ten and a half seasons. But I can not remember a more disgraceful 3 game performance than the past 3 weeks. We were completely outplayed from the opening kickoff in all 3 games. And more than that, we did NOT COMPETE!! At least under the skeletor, we usually competed. And who does that fall on? The Head Coach!! I can not see Gailey lasting beyond this season unless a dramatic turnaround takes place over the next 6 weeks. The culture of losing has to stop. It is not ACCEPTABLE!! The head coach has to set the tone, and Gailey is not doing that.

But lets not give Buddy Nix a free pass either. The talent level on this team is AWFUL. Sure we all can not stand our D Coordinator, and I agree he is not tricking anyone with his Vanilla defense. But come on, have you looked at our front seven. Who is a dominating talent on D line and LB with K Williams out? Darreus at some point may dominate, and has shown glimpses. Barnett is an athlete who is solid, but not elite. After that it is all garbage. Heard, D. Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Carrington, Troup. Out of these 5, maybe Carrington could be a backup on some teams, the rest would not even be backups on most NFL teams, but on the Bills they are in the starting rotation. The situation at LB is just as bad. Batten, Moats, Coleman, A. Davis, Sheppard, Kelsay. None are playmakers. And our corners are even worse than the front seven. I swear Drayton Florence has got to be the WORST starting CB in the NFL.

As for the offense, I think we all can see the lack of NFL talent at a lot of starting positions and at just about every backup position. Watch the Patriots play. It is more than Tom Brady. EVERYONE on their roster can play. And even on some of the lesser teams such as the Chiefs, Seahawks, Rams, etc. there are lots of up and coming young players sprinkled amongst the solid veterans such as Derek Johnson for the Chiefs. Instead the Bills continue to draft and bring in marginal talent, who get injured and are replaced by the same marginal talent. And that starts with the marginal GM and Coach we currently have.

If the higher ups have not been in a coma the past three weeks, they will have to acknowledge how poorly the football side of things is being run by Buddy and Chan. And lets hope to god they clean house after this season and bring in a GM (maybe Whaley) and a tough guy Coach to start bringing in TOUGH football players, and set a certain standard of play. (Has Fitzy ever gotten in the face of one of his teammates? God I miss when Jimbo used to just get in everyone of his teammates faces to will them to the level he expected them to perform at!! Do all you veteran Bills fans remember the attitude he brought to the team? It really looks like this team could care less about winning. Fitzy is an absolute cream puff who is not fit to lead an NFL team.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Sorry for the length of my post. I am a diehard Bills fan who still longs for Bryce Paup flying around the edge to wreak havoc in offensive backfields. I just want to be proud of my team. That every week we will be a nasty team for any opponent to play against. I pick the Bills against the spread every week in a friendly pool I am in. This week I find it very difficult not to pick against them.