Fitz is the only qb I want in Buffalo-lamp

compared to edwards, jp, rob j, FITZ IS A HALL OF FAMER. TO ME, in my mind.

i had a discussion with a coworker. he kept telling me that i excuse fitz for his play.

at the end of the day, i admitted, maybe i do let him slide a little and i give him a break with regards to criticism.

i just remember the old days when once i saw the top 3 exbills qbs, i knew we would lose. we would be down 0-3, i knew we would lose.

fitz gives me hope even when we are down by many points.

anyway Im just a fan. i want the team to build around him. am in the only guy out there with the same thought??

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although i agree with you about liking Fitz i think we still need to keep our eyes open for young talent for the future beyond Fitz kind of like GB did with Aarron Rogers .

The kid at Arkansas Tyler Wilson is a sophmore i believe & if he was to come out in 2 years & we drafted him we could let Fitz tutor him for a year & in about 3 or 4 years we would be all set at the QB position for another 10 years !!!

i had a discussion with a coworker. he kept telling me that i excuse fitz for his play.

at the end of the day, i admitted, maybe i do let him slide a little and i give him a break with regards to criticism.

i just remember the old days when once i saw the top 3 exbills qbs, i knew we would lose. we would be down 0-3, i knew we would lose.

anyway Im just a fan. i want the team to build around him. am in the only guy out there with the same thought??

I agree with you Clippers - I'm still a Fitz fan. Watching Losman was painful, much like watching Rob Johnson. The Trent Edwards years were similarly tough to swallow. Yes Fitz has thrown some bad balls, but the difference as I see it is:

1) He has a brain

2) He can scramble and has good pocket presence

3) He knows how to come back in a game

4) He has been hit lately pretty hard but hasn't opted for the check down throw as an escape....he is still looking downfield which to me is a good sign

I think we all know he isn't Hall of Fame material (yet) but for now, QB isn't our biggest concern....just ask Jim Harbaugh if he needed a stud QB to succeed with the 49rs.

FITZ is not a super star. He's a risk taker who looks good when it works out and a buffoon when it doesnot. Just look at hte last 3 weeks for his TD to INT ratio. :bag:

He had no issue when our receivers still knew how to catch a ball and our line still existed. Now, not so much. Pretty sure the only person who could win behind our current line is Rothleisbeger because he just runs around until he can throw, and that wouldn't even work with the passes that our receivers have dropped in the past few weeks.

Although i agree with you about liking Fitz i think we still need to keep our eyes open for young talent for the future beyond Fitz kind of like GB did with Aarron Rogers .

The kid at Arkansas Tyler Wilson is a sophmore i believe & if he was to come out in 2 years & we drafted him we could let Fitz tutor him for a year & in about 3 or 4 years we would be all set at the QB position for another 10 years !!!

Correction. They were not looking for an "aaron rodgers" when they extended brett.

ps. besides the OBVIOUS need for qb backups.

I agree with you Clippers - I'm still a Fitz fan. Watching Losman was painful, much like watching Rob Johnson. The Trent Edwards years were similarly tough to swallow. Yes Fitz has thrown some bad balls, but the difference as I see it is:

1) He has a brain

2) He can scramble and has good pocket presence

3) He knows how to come back in a game

4) He has been hit lately pretty hard but hasn't opted for the check down throw as an escape....he is still looking downfield which to me is a good sign

I think we all know he isn't Hall of Fame material (yet) but for now, QB isn't our biggest concern....just ask Jim Harbaugh if he needed a stud QB to succeed with the 49rs.

Correction: qb is not a concern! defense coordinator, lbs, o-line, cbs, dline, kicker,etc.

Let's be completely honest. If Trent Edwards hadn't been born, Fitzpatrick would still be backing someone up.

We would still have the losman years. i liked jp. he just wasnt a winner in the nfl for whatever reason.

Fitz will be a good mentor to our first round pick QB Ryan Tannehill.

If they dont pick the best available defense player 1st I'll be dissapointed.

FITZ is not a super star. He's a risk taker who looks good when it works out and a buffoon when it doesnot. Just look at hte last 3 weeks for his TD to INT ratio. :bag:

Granted, he hasn't been great the last few weeks, but saying that just looking at the TD:INT ratio is a good indicator of how good he is? Come on. The ONLY two INTs "he" threw sunday were a direct result of two drops. Those INT's should be marked down as the WR's mistake's (especially Smith's drop...that was bad), not Fitz's.

Edited by kdub

Let's be completely honest. If Trent Edwards hadn't been born, Fitzpatrick would still be backing someone up.

this is completely unrelated to the thread, but in reference to your signature

While mumford and sons/foster the people might be the best modern rock that the RADIO has to offer, they are not what embodies modern rock today...check out the bands: The Black Keys, The Dead Weather, Them Crooked Vultures, The Raconteurs and you will see that modern rock is very much alive and thriving...

served

I think Fitz is smart and I like the guy......I am not sold on the fact that he has a "NFL" arm......His accuracy is starting to concern me.....Should have had a Steve Johnson TD to start that MIA game......The recievers dropped a ton and didnt give him a shot....I want to see more progress this season or its time to move on.

You are saying you want to build the offense around a career backup (until now) who does not have the skills to start on the vast majority of teams in the NFL simply because he does not suck as much as Edwards, Johnson, or Losman? Seriously?

It is almost impossible not to like Fitz. Like you said he is smart, durable, and level headed. But a starting QB at the NFL level he simply is not. Much less a franchise guy that you build an offense around in my opinion.

I dont get it. You're trying to say rj or rob johnson = fitzpatrick???

No my friend, fitz did not get sacked every other play for years. (of course im exxagerating a bit)

You don't get your own comparison?? You stated that you don't want any other QB than Fitz because of how he compares to RJ and the rest of the garbage from the past decade. Is that really the standard you want to judge Fitz against? "Oh well, at least he's better than Edwards?"

I sure hope you don't have to take a urinalysis anytime soon.

You are saying you want to build the offense around a career backup (until now) who does not have the skills to start on the vast majority of teams in the NFL simply because he does not suck as much as Edwards, Johnson, or Losman? Seriously?

It is almost impossible not to like Fitz. Like you said he is smart, durable, and level headed. But a starting QB at the NFL level he simply is not. Much less a franchise guy that you build an offense around in my opinion.

i HATE when people say this. its bull. early in the season when we were 3-0 or 4-1, KURT WARNER had fitz as his #5 best qb in the entire league 2 weeks in a row. so you know more than kurt freaking warner???? so you dont think at that time the other 27 teams wouldnt want him??? give me a break.

give him an oline and hell yes, hes a top 5 qb.

i HATE when people say this. its bull. early in the season when we were 3-0 or 4-1, KURT WARNER had fitz as his #5 best qb in the entire league 2 weeks in a row. so you know more than kurt freaking warner???? so you dont think at that time the other 27 teams wouldnt want him??? give me a break.

give him an oline and hell yes, hes a top 5 qb.

I strongly suspect you and I both have spent more time watching Fitz than Warner has.

What does Warner rate Fitz now? My opinion does not change based on the last couple games like most of the talking heads do.

Bolded: Uhhhh OK. If you say so. So out of all of these guys you only think 4 of them (at most) are better than Fitz.

Brady

P. Manning

Brees

Rodgers

Rapelisberger

Rivers

Vick

Ryan

E. Manning

Flacco

I respect you for sticking up for players on your team, but top 5?

Edited by CodeMonkey