Finished

26TrapDraw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with with your take on the Steelers. I was also thinking about their free agent signings and couldn't identify any big ones like Philly and some other teams. They basically build through the draft and they are good at it. I don't fault Nix trying to do that but I don't feel they are good enough at it. They may have one or two good picks but they are not consistent especially in the later rounds. Maybe this new guy who took over for Modrak will come through with a year under his belt. But I am not optimistic.

Sad to see this team, which finally had a chance after 11 years, fall so hard.

Very little hope from this naturally optimistic fan. You'd have to have blinders on to think this team has even a shot at a winning record, let alone a playoff berth.

Three weeks ago, I really did think we had a shot at winning this division. Ugh.

I hate to be the one to come out and say it but its over. Blast me for being a doom and gloomer...fine. Gailey did an admirable job with this bunch in the first half of the season but you can't polish a turd. This team has not got significantly better an ANY position and injuries aside the lack of depth is astounding. I'm tired of hearing the excuses. This team is weak in all aspects and now I think giving Fitz an extension was premature. I don't care if you blast me, I am sick and tired of excuses. today's abyssmal performance was the epitome of what will happen the rest of the year.... the jets will blast us next week and then the ball rolls from there. Will we ever be good again? looking for that ray of hope....not seeing it though :bag:

What kind of depth are you expecting?

No team in the NFL could overcome the kind of injuries we have.

What kind of depth are you expecting?

No team in the NFL could overcome the kind of injuries we have.

Well...

Freddie is a huge blow...But that came AFTER a 3 Game stretch that killed the Season...And I'll grant you the injuries along the O-Line and to Kyle Williams have been tough...But this is the same thing we hear every year from this Team...They continue to Draft and TRY to build Depth...But it never seems to happen...This Team can't develop Depth, especially on Defense...

Personally I think trying to build a Team with George Edwards as the DC is 100 times more damaging than the injuries have been...The Bills are never going to win consistently with that idiot running the Defense...He can't develop a decent College Prospect to save his life...Even studs like Dareus look FAR too average at times...The CB's have regressed under his watch...It's a mess on that side of the ball, and that's effecting everything... B-)

I hate to be the one to come out and say it but its over. Blast me for being a doom and gloomer...fine. Gailey did an admirable job with this bunch in the first half of the season but you can't polish a turd. This team has not got significantly better an ANY position and injuries aside the lack of depth is astounding. I'm tired of hearing the excuses. This team is weak in all aspects and now I think giving Fitz an extension was premature. I don't care if you blast me, I am sick and tired of excuses. today's abyssmal performance was the epitome of what will happen the rest of the year.... the jets will blast us next week and then the ball rolls from there. Will we ever be good again? looking for that ray of hope....not seeing it though :bag:

WRONG! You can polish a turd......

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

Well...

Freddie is a huge blow...But that came AFTER a 3 Game stretch that killed the Season...And I'll grant you the injuries along the O-Line and to Kyle Williams have been tough...But this is the same thing we hear every year from this Team...They continue to Draft and TRY to build Depth...But it never seems to happen...This Team can't develop Depth, especially on Defense...

Personally I think trying to build a Team with George Edwards as the DC is 100 times more damaging than the injuries have been...The Bills are never going to win consistently with that idiot running the Defense...He can't develop a decent College Prospect to save his life...Even studs like Dareus look FAR too average at times...The CB's have regressed under his watch...It's a mess on that side of the ball, and that's effecting everything... B-)

Gailey seems ready to jettison players he thinks don't fit his system but won't do it with his coaches. Instead he follows a wishy washy approach of bringing in Wannstedt as linebackers coach AND also names him assistant head coach. That guy has been as invisible as Edwards has been all too visible on game days. The linebackers aren't playing any better than the secondary. So now we get to look forward to next year where DW takes over as DC. That's suppose to inspire confidence?

Well...

Bingo. Even with all the defensive starters healthy, we only shut down 2 bad teams. We can hardly put any pressure on the QB which is deadly. I don't see the Jets scoring > 40 but I don't see us scoring >20 without Freddy.

Gailey seems ready to jettison players he thinks don't fit his system but won't do it with his coaches. Instead he follows a wishy washy approach of bringing in Wannstedt as linebackers coach AND also names him assistant head coach. That guy has been as invisible as Edwards has been all too visible on game days. The linebackers aren't playing any better than the secondary. So now we get to look forward to next year where DW takes over as DC. That's suppose to inspire confidence?

It really is a mystery as to why Edwards is still DC. He has had 1.5 seasons and hasn't improved a goddam thing.

I hear you, but the injury bug this yr has been extreme. 3 of our top 4 receivers; our starting and back-up LTs, our 2 star defenders (kw and merriman). now our best olineman, best corner, and best offensive skill player are out. That's too much to overcome for any team, imo.

I never miss a game, ever. I dont think I have missed one in 8-10 years. for a 4-5 year sretch I didnt miss a single PLAY. Now I'm not even interested anymore. I am definitely not going to waste my time watching this week. Even when we were winning I wasn't getting into it because I knew we sucked and it would catch up to us. Call me a schitty fan if you want, I don't care, I am too young to remember this team being any good. The only winning season I can remember is the 9-7 Mularky year where the JV Steelers schit stomped us to keep us out of the playoffs. ONE winning season in my entire fandom - and quite possibly the most ebarassing winning season in NFL history at that. Maybe you guys have memories of good Bills teams winning games and going to Superbowls but I dont. This team sucks, they have sucked for my ENTIRE LIFE, and they have lost another fan. It is not just me, there are entire generations now who only know the Bills as the NFL whipping boys. It is embarrassing. Today I convinced my 2nd grade cousin to be a Packers fan...I don't want him to grow up rooting for a schit team like I have had to.

<br />I never miss a game, ever.  I dont think I have missed one in 8-10 years.  for a 4-5 year sretch I didnt miss a single PLAY.  Now I'm not even interested anymore.  I am definitely not going to waste my time watching this week.  Even when we were winning I wasn't getting into it because I knew we sucked and it would catch up to us.  Call me a schitty fan if you want, I don't care, I am too young to remember this team being any good.  The only winning season I can remember is the 9-7 Mularky year where the JV Steelers schit stomped us to keep us out of the playoffs.  ONE winning season in my entire fandom - and quite possibly the most ebarassing winning season in NFL history at that.  Maybe you guys have memories of good Bills teams winning games and going to Superbowls but I dont.  This team sucks, they have sucked for my ENTIRE LIFE, and they have lost another fan.  It is not just me, there are entire generations now who only know the Bills as the NFL whipping boys.  It is embarrassing.  Today I convinced my 2nd grade cousin to be a Packers fan...I don't want him to grow up rooting for a schit team like I have had to.<br />
lets get this straight...you're not a fan anymore?

I had this team winning no more than 5 games. That said, even when we were pulling those comebacks out our ass, I was not trumpeting how AWESOME they were as many did. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but this team just isn't any good. It is just now showing in a very, very ugly way.

Can't wait for the "I BILLIEVE" crew to jump in and spin this. Just spare me the !@#$ing excuses as you do it.

Your wrong though. Yes, we suck now, but when we were healthy we won games. I don't think an awful team would have gotten to 5-2 with that schedule. Even our 2 losses up to that point were by 3 points and could have easily swung in our direction. The problem is we have absolutely no depth, so only now when we are stacked sky high with injuries are we beginning to play all-around bad football.

Just look at the Dolphins game and how we had Levitre - our left tackle - playing center. I've never seen so many horrid snaps in one game, it was almost non-stop. How can a QB play a great game and get in rhythm with that happening? Then when the D gives up TDs drive after drive after drive, the deficit of both the score and lack of depth makes the game nearly impossible to come back. With a better D and healthier roster I suspect we wouldn't be getting massacred like we have been. Not saying we'd be elite or anything cause even healthy were not there yet, but we'd probably come away with a .500 or game above season.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67