Jets are in trouble

JimKelly12

Not only this year but in general.

They have a lot of highly priced players limiting their ability to build and maintain a strong team from a Salary Cap perspective (they have roughly 8.3 Million in cap space). And some of their best players are getting older....

With the play of Dirty Sanchez of late they seem to have had their run at the Super Bowl already and have already begun their decline. I'll be very happy to see that.

I'd love to look back in 3 years and see the Bills go on a spending spree for some decent FA's (along with some solid drafting) and see that the plan all along was to spend their money as the Jets and Pats were on the decline. After all, the 24 million the Bills have in cap space couldn't buy another Brady or assemble the team the Jets had 2 years ago.

They have a lot of highly priced players limiting their ability to build and maintain a strong team from a Salary Cap perspective (they have roughly 8.3 Million in cap space). And some of their best players are getting older....

With the play of Dirty Sanchez of late they seem to have had their run at the Super Bowl already and have already begun their decline. I'll be very happy to see that.

I'd love to look back in 3 years and see the Bills go on a spending spree for some decent FA's (along with some solid drafting) and see that the plan all along was to spend their money as the Jets and Pats were on the decline. After all, the 24 million the Bills have in cap space couldn't buy another Brady or assemble the team the Jets had 2 years ago.

The didn't look like they were in trouble 2 weeks ago. ;)

I guarantee they are looking at the Bills as red meat. I hope Chan has something up his sleeve.

PTR

i am fearing the dolphins on sunday and hoping we go down and get back on track with a W.then we can atone for the home loss to the jets the following week. we get that one, all is not lost and the december run will be fun! but , i agree, does not seem like a good time to play the jets next week. they again, have more time to prepare.

People tend to say this year in and year out about the jets and the patsies. Look at them again and if they are in trouble what did they do two weeks ago? The issue with the Bills is no talent as they will not spend the money to get the talent. This maybe a good thing with the new agreement but the Bills are like the older Sabres. They pay enough to be a little comeptitive but not an elite team. I hate to say that about the Bills but if the shoe fits it fits. I love the Bills as the Sabres but truly believe the Bills will only become an elite team when a new ownership comes in and brings that mindset. So lets not keep up ith Jones's but worry about what we have. Hopefully this team will have to spend it's cash more and we do get some more talent in here. We will see.

The idea that the cap impedes wealthy teams from retaining good players or going out and getting more is a myth. It's completely irrelevant.

As bleak as things have looked around here, if the Bills take care of business against the Dolphins their playoff hopes are very much within their own destiny, as the Jets will now struggle to attain 10-6. I only fear that our injuries have piled up too high. Double digit players on the IR again. :rolleyes:

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine