Buddy Nix should have hired...

1billsfan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me its nine wins or out for Chan and Buddy. I'm inclined even now to think we'll get the nine wins. If not..I say give it to Fewell. He's going to be a head coach soon and it might as well be here.

So new regimes get 2 seasons to do a complete rebuild, or else they're shown the door?!? This is really the policy you want to follow?

Congrats, you might be a worse managing owner than Ralph.

Might want to start looking for your replacement for Fewell for 2014... :rolleyes:

Edited by DrDareustein

So new regimes get 2 seasons to do a complete rebuild, or else they're shown the door?!? This is really the policy you want to follow?

Congrats, you might be a worse managing owner than Ralph.

Might want to start looking for your replacement for Fewell for 2014... :rolleyes:

As if anyone with any talent or a proven record would come to Buffalo. People make it sound as if we turned down Cowher to hire Chan. We only have the choice of what others don't want.

Edited by benderbender

...Perry Fewell for head coach instead of Chan Gailey. I was in favor of Fewell becoming permanent HC and I still stand by that.

Forget the defensive argument, Fewell even had more instincts on offense than Gailey had. Fewell knew Edwards was garbage and he clearly liked Fitzpatrick as his starting QB. Chan literally screwed up his biggest decision with his new team and first head coaching job in over a decade.

If I were Nix I'd get rid of Gailey at the end of the season and beg for Perry Fewell to come back. I loved Fewell's enthusiasm. His career mirrored that of his players. Anybody else wish Fewell was the choice now? Any chance we can get him back here as our head coach?

Lame. The problem is lack of talent and depth on the roster, not the HC.

...Perry Fewell for head coach instead of Chan Gailey. I was in favor of Fewell becoming permanent HC and I still stand by that.

Forget the defensive argument, Fewell even had more instincts on offense than Gailey had. Fewell knew Edwards was garbage and he clearly liked Fitzpatrick as his starting QB. Chan literally screwed up his biggest decision with his new team and first head coaching job in over a decade.

If I were Nix I'd get rid of Gailey at the end of the season and beg for Perry Fewell to come back. I loved Fewell's enthusiasm. His career mirrored that of his players. Anybody else wish Fewell was the choice now? Any chance we can get him back here as our head coach?

Chans the reason why we had some excitement this year, he is the reason our offense has had some success with a big lack of talent.....Fitz was a bad QB before Gailey and is probably a bad QB without him, despite popular belief on TBD he really isn't that good anyway. Fewell would have been a better option at DC than Edwards but he was nothing special either and I believe he wanted to leave when he wasn't awarded the HC job...In NY he inherited a solid defense with players that fit the scheme. Lets not start calling for his head already.

Chans the reason why we had some excitement this year, he is the reason our offense has had some success with a big lack of talent.....Fitz was a bad QB before Gailey and is probably a bad QB without him, despite popular belief on TBD he really isn't that good anyway. Fewell would have been a better option at DC than Edwards but he was nothing special either and I believe he wanted to leave when he wasn't awarded the HC job...In NY he inherited a solid defense with players that fit the scheme. Lets not start calling for his head already.

Chan just isn't cut out to be a head coach. Coordinator yes, head coach no. Today's NFL players need to have a guy in there who's passionate about what they do. Not a cerebral guy who to them, looks like he couldn't care less about whether they win or lose.

For me, Gailey jumped the shark the minute Ware went untouched on the first play of the game. That's inexcusable. Sorry, but that's on the head coach.

I don't care if Wood is out now. Have the team prepared against Miami to at least do the basic things well enough to keep a game close. Instead everyone's acting like our backups have never even seen a damn football before.

These last two embarrassing losses aren't an injury issue, it's a coaching issue. We need a young guy in here with some spit and fire in the belly.

Also, the truth of the matter is that the Bills simply do not have the horses they need right now, so I am not sure how much coaching at any level would help this sad state of affairs with the defense. I am troubled by the quantity of draft picks that have been invested to help the defense the past 2 years -- and the lack of any immediate return.

The Bills don't have elite defensive talent, but with a very good DC they could be very good with what they have.

Witness the worst to first defense in Houston since Phillips took over this year. And that is WITHOUT Mario Williams, their premier player and former #1 overall pick.

There are many examples like this, but close to home just look at the transformation the Jets made simply by hiring Ryan. They were old and slow, didn't pressure the passer and even the lowly Bills routinely ran thru them like sh*t thru a goose. Enter Ryan. He signs Bart Scott and Jim Leohnard and suddenlly they are a force to be reckoned with on D.

George Edwards is a very overwhelmed defensive coordinator. The defense is grossly out of position, they are constantly failing in their assignments, these guys lack confidence in what they are doing.

Chan just isn't cut out to be a head coach. Coordinator yes, head coach no. Today's NFL players need to have a guy in there who's passionate about what they do. Not a cerebral guy who to them, looks like he couldn't care less about whether they win or lose.

For me, Gailey jumped the shark the minute Ware went untouched on the first play of the game. That's inexcusable. Sorry, but that's on the head coach.

I don't care if Wood is out now. Have the team prepared against Miami to at least do the basic things well enough to keep a game close. Instead everyone's acting like our backups have never even seen a damn football before.

These last two embarrassing losses aren't an injury issue, it's a coaching issue. We need a young guy in here with some spit and fire in the belly.

I must have missed that part where our cerebral head coach made Donald jones drop passes, or made CJ drop a catchable bomb, or made fitzpatrick sail passes, or gave our all pro DT bone spurs. We needs more fire in the belly! Maybe he'll yell at them and they'll stop dropping passes or getting ACLs torn trying to tackle the opponent!!!! Fire in the belly! Fire good!!!!

The Bills don't have elite defensive talent, but with a very good DC they could be very good with what they have.

Witness the worst to first defense in Houston since Phillips took over this year. And that is WITHOUT Mario Williams, their premier player and former #1 overall pick.

There are many examples like this, but close to home just look at the transformation the Jets made simply by hiring Ryan. They were old and slow, didn't pressure the passer and even the lowly Bills routinely ran thru them like sh*t thru a goose. Enter Ryan. He signs Bart Scott and Jim Leohnard and suddenlly they are a force to be reckoned with on D.

George Edwards is a very overwhelmed defensive coordinator. The defense is grossly out of position, they are constantly failing in their assignments, these guys lack confidence in what they are doing.

Nailed it. Edwards should have been fired early in this season and I said as much right here. I hate calling out guys like this, but we as fans have little outlet than these forums. No one in the national media cares. If this were Dallas or the Jets getting burned game after game for a year and a half like this the DC in those cities would be gone by now. But we as Bills fans just have to deal with it. I'm done with blaming Edwards, I'm moving on straight to the head coach who kept him and doesn't seem to care one bit about the defense.

As for his offense, my jaw dropped when I saw that no one had laid a hand on Ware. It dropped again when I saw McKelvin was the guy covering Bryant on a deep corner pass. I think this was about the 25th time I've seen this happen. It's like a never ending nightmare that comes once a game.

Good god, a couple of hard losses and the Troll Circle Jerk comes back full force.

Nice to see DreReed83, billsfreak, and 1billsfan crawl out of their holes to get their shots in considering they've been gone for most of the season since the Bills were winning and they had nothing to cry about...

:rolleyes::thumbdown:

Funny, I haven't seen anything out of those blokes since they're all on ignore :devil: