Whitner Speaks on PFT

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that we didn't want to win. It's just that it's hard to win in the NFL. :devil:

I will say we had a ****ty culture under Jauron. Bad draft picks. Utterly boring football. No winning spark. This team had a spark the first game he was removed. It's improved tremendously from that since Capt. Checkdown was jettisoned.

Actually, I would agree with Donte, whom I've never had a negative thought of until seeing that video. He's totally right: We don't want to win.

Now, we expect it.

Go Bills.

I dont know what he is saying but us 'losing him' has won us 5 games. So, the question is, is it a loss to us if we win more without him ?

We also lost Lee Evans. Is it logical to say we're 5-3 because we don't have him?

The whole point is moot. Wilson is an upgrade. And Donte single handidly won the Niners seven games? It's our decisions, in entirety, as well as the Niners, that have improved both of these teams.

Donte had little impact for us compared to Wilson.

We also lost Lee Evans. Is it logical to say we're 5-3 because we don't have him?

The whole point is moot. Wilson is an upgrade. And Donte single handidly won the Niners seven games? It's our decisions, in entirety, as well as the Niners, that have improved both of these teams.

Donte had little impact for us compared to Wilson.

If I had to explain, you wouldnt understand. I will let ieatcrayonz do that task.

When you consider statements or comments people make, and try to judge their validity or truth, there are often different ways something can be true, and at times something might be true in a sense and false in another. Here, one thing that strikes me as concerning, is not so much a real fact/fiction argument but is this true from the players perspective? And, it seems to me to be the case that not only is this true from the player's perspective, but it is also true from most coaches and personnel men, too. Why else would people like Shannahan say no to Buffalo (not him specifically, but the fact that many of the top guys wouldn't give Buffalo a chance)? This isn't news in the sense that Buffalo won't spend the money to compete - we know that and have known that. If the Bills are going to be winners it will be in spite of Wilson, not on account of him.

Edited by sllib olaffub

You could make a case that drafting a guy with Whitner's talent #8 overall is the biggest proof of all the Bills weren't dedicated to winning.

And jumping back into the first round to take McCargo pretty much proves it.

Edited by nbash

You could make a case that drafting a guy with Whitner's talent #8 overall is the biggest proof of all the Bills weren't dedicated to winning.

And jumping back into the first round to take McCargo pretty much proves it.

Actually those moves are not a reflection on how dedicated they were to winning as much as it is a reflection on how incompetent they were.

Undoubtedly the Bills thought they were making good decisions…they weren't trying to make bad decisions.

It's just that they were incapable of making good decisions.

Whitner is a tool. I loved the comment that he leads the league in tackles after touchdowns. I wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt given the hate he received here, but that would be a lot easier to do it he performed, or if he hadnt seemed to buy into his own importance by virtue of his draft position. I am more forgiving than most on the twitter stuff, but the guy is a mercenary and not the brightest, either. We don't need that in buffalo.

Cincy, not Cleveland.

By Cincy you mean a different team also with a lesser record that SF?

Sorry about the Cleveland mistake but that is symantecs. As a matter of fact, this shows that two of the winningest teams in the NFL were battling it out for his services while his incumbent team was content to do enough to improve a little but not get a guy like Whitner who clearly enables elite records. Maybe building a team gradually is the right thing to do so I am not complaining and I sort of like our team of no names. Having Whitner would bring some of that "star factor" that we seem to be against. That is ok with me but not a reason to slam Whitner. I never liked the Twitter thing and still don't but to say he is not a star/borderline superstar just reeks of jealousy. I am not saying it is just you but many and not just i this thread.

He is also dead-on about the release of Walker. I will say it for the 19th time - Walker deserved his demotion. HE DID NOT DESERVE TO BE CUT. The circumstantial evidence suggests that the coaches decided to demote Walker, and the accountants said, If he's not starting, why pay him anything. That is basically the same thought process that lead to the Evans trade. These types of decisions have been made year after year at OBD - it's not even news anymore.

How anyone, in their right mind, can say that this organization is doing everything it can to win, simply baffles me. The rest of the league know how it is, the players know how it is, the coaches know how it is, and most of the media knows. There are only a small minority of ostrich-like fans who continue believe otherwise (many of them who populate this site and take it upon themselves to defend any perceived slight against Ralph & His Cronies, policing TSW like a bunch of mall cops on segways).

Edited by Coach Tuesday