Lindell busted up; Rayner signed

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills do this by design. It is to allow the opponent to return the kick and tackle them before the 20.

Which is a horrible strategy IMO, especially against an excellent return team like the Jets. In exchange for hopefully gaining a few yards of field position, you risk a game changing play against you (and injuries).

He saved a touchdown. I think it was in the 4th.

I know he's a kicker, and I know it was near the sideline, but that was a damned good tackle for a kicker. It was the *landing* that caused all the trouble. Good for Lindell for saving a 6. And what the *hell* is wrong with our coverage teams this year?

I remember a game back in the late 90s when Brett Favre and the Packers had both kickers injured, so they went for two every time. They won.

Never have understood why punters don't kick field goals and vice-versa. Skill sets seem pretty similar to me.

Also don't know what's happened to our Special Teams. Used to be our lone bright spot.

I know he's a kicker, and I know it was near the sideline, but that was a damned good tackle for a kicker. It was the *landing* that caused all the trouble. Good for Lindell for saving a 6. And what the *hell* is wrong with our coverage teams this year?

What? Wasn't that like the first long return of the year?

I remember a game back in the late 90s when Brett Favre and the Packers had both kickers injured, so they went for two every time. They won.

Never have understood why punters don't kick field goals and vice-versa. Skill sets seem pretty similar to me.

Also don't know what's happened to our Special Teams. Used to be our lone bright spot.

Extra points are for the birds. I'm still waiting for a head coach brave enough to go for an all 2-point conversion strategy, only kicking the PAT to win a game or gain an extra score advantage (ie to go ahead by 9 instead of 8, or 17 instead of 16).

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

What? Wasn't that like the first long return of the year?

Extra points are for the birds. I'm still waiting for a head coach brave enough to go for an all 2-point conversion strategy, only kicking the PAT to win a game or gain an extra score advantage (ie to go ahead by 9 instead of 8, or 17 instead of 16).

I more want to see a coach go for it on 4th every time as Easterbrrok always espouses..supposedly the odds and expectations bear out that this a good philosophy.

I don't understand why he can't continue to kick field goals and have Moorman handle the kickoff duties...I don't see how his shoulder ould affect his ability to kick...

Even if you've never had a grade 3 or worse separated shoulder… you have played sports, haven't you?

Have someone tape your right hand to your back.

Find a football.

Take football outside and place in tee.

Take a three step run up and try to kick the ball soccer style AS HARD AS YOU CAN.

Ask friend to help you up.

GO BILLS!!!

And as you're kicking the ball, have someone stab you in the shoulder with an awl.

Have someone tape your right hand to your back.

Find a football.

Take football outside and place in tee.

Take a three step run up and try to kick the ball soccer style AS HARD AS YOU CAN.

Ask friend to help you up.

GO BILLS!!!

This made me laugh! :lol: Thanks!

I heard ESPN report this morning on The Herd, that Lindell might be out 4-6 weeks and the Bills were considering putting him on IR. We are screwed without a really good kicker.

You're right, wide right was in town, but I doubt he would ever want to put on a Bills uniform again.

Legitimately though, is there something wrong with Shayne Graham that he doesn't have a job in the league right now? He would be my first choice, followed by Dave Rayner because you know he's actually prepared to kick after his moonlighting stint with Oakland

Nick Mike-Mayer?

Tom Dempsey?

Paul Maguire?

Cookie Gilchrist?

Now there's a refreshing blast from the past. Does anyone else remember the chants of "half-foot, half-foot, half-foot, hhhhhhaaaaaalllllllffffff foot!" as Dempsey approached the ball on kickoffs? I swear half the stadium would chant that in unison. Talk about a tough crowd.

I remember the opener against Miami in '79. Typical crap performance by the Bills offense but somehow we had a chance to win it with a FG on the last play of the game and FINALLY beat Miami after going 0 for the 70s to that point. Not a long FG if I remember correctly. I remember this guy behind us threatening to kick Demsey's ass if he missed. Sure enough, Dempsey shanks it and this dude literally runs down the aisle and jumps onto the field. Always wondered what happened to the guy.

GO BILLS!!!

Really, he still kicked a field goal and an extra point after the injury. I thought it was neat seeing Brian Mooreman kicking off!

Pretty sure the field goal was a chip shot, and he did not kick an extra point. He didn't kick off following the injury, because he couldn't make a tackle. With our coverage unit, the kicker needs to be able to cover / tackle.

Actually it does affect his kicking, and his follow through motion. Did you see him almost miss the PAT with his bum wing? Watch any kickers arms, and they are normally out to the side for balance on the kick, it didn't look like he could lift his one arm. I believe the injury was to the shoulder after he landed on it making that touchdown saving tackle on the kickoff. Give Spiller a shot at kicking, there has to be something that someone drafted that high can do in the NFL.

Enough with these candy@ss kickers!

The Kicker hurts his arm/shoulder making a tackle on a kick and now he can't play? Chan should have smacked him on the back and told him to back out there and keep kicking, unless his legs are broken too! j/k

I understand that it can affect his kicks because of the full motion of their kicks, I bet this could have been a smaller lingering injury that turned into a bigger one after Moorman jumped onto his shoulders after that game winner a at the start of the season!

If Spiller can't kick, maybe they can borrow Enroth of the Sabres on Sundays (the Sabres never have many sunday games), I'm sure he can kick field goals too and can handle pressure situations