Jets were openly mocking the Bills

1billsfan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823d1676/article/lt-jets-not-worried-about-bills-pretty-ball

Revis clearly wasn't concerned about who would hear the mockery since there was a CBS camera filming him and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Sad truth was that he was right. Question is now, what do the Bills do about this next time they face them?

Sanchez runs up to McKelvin in the endzone after a TD pass and mocks him with the overly dramatic "excuse me ***hole" hands up brush by move.

Rex Ryan chest bumping Holmes.

The laughing and guffawing on the sidelines.

The Bills were openly mocked at home to a divisional team that clearly has zero fear of them since they did this knowing they still face each other in three short weeks. Sorry, but I can't ever recall seeing this kind of brashness before. As a fan of the Bills, it was truly embarrassing. What will the Bills do about it? Are they afraid of the Jets? If I were Chan I'd show the mocking on a loop in the locker room during Jet week.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823d1676/article/lt-jets-not-worried-about-bills-pretty-ball

Revis clearly wasn't concerned about who would hear the mockery since there was a CBS camera filming him and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Sad truth was that he was right. Question is now, what do the Bills do about this next time they face them?

Sanchez runs up to McKelvin in the endzone after a TD pass and mocks him with the overly dramatic "excuse me ***hole" hands up brush by move.

The Bills were openly mocked at home to a divisional team that clearly has zero fear of them since they did this knowing they still face each other in three short weeks. Sorry, but I can't ever recall seeing this kind of brashness before. As a fan of the Bills, it was truly embarrassing. What will the Bills do about it? Are they afraid of the Jets? If I were Chan I'd show the mocking on a loop in the locker room during Jet week.

I have no problem with it. They beat the Bills down so badly yesterday. They earned the right to mock them.

I actually detest the Jets more than the Pats. Thay being said, Bills played scared and it started with conservative play calling by Gailey. The offense stunk. The defense is way too inconsistent. One week they play lights out (e.g. eagles, washington) the next week they let an avg quarterback embarass them. Almost every play should be an all out blitz. At least hurt Sanchez so that he swallows his own tongue after continuous hits.

The duo of Gailey and Fitz lost this game. Extremely conservative and poorly implemented game plan by Gailey. And even worse execution by Fitz. This is the reason you do not jump to early extensions a la Jauron. How the hell do you not call a gimme QB sneak at 4 and inches!! This is the new 4th and stupid in my eyes.

I actually detest the Jets more than the Pats. Thay being said, Bills played scared and it started with conservative play calling by Gailey. The offense stunk. The defense is way too inconsistent. One week they play lights out (e.g. eagles, washington) the next week they let an avg quarterback embarass them. Almost every play should be an all out blitz. At least hurt Sanchez so that he swallows his own tongue after continuous hits.

The Bills played fearless football the first few weeks of the season. Remember how fun they were to watch? What happened was that the whole team from the coaches on down to the players look like they're afraid of their own shadows.

The more that we've been trying to "feed" Fred the football in the ground game, the more this offense has lost it's multi-dimensional attacking style. Time for the Bills to go back to spreading it around and getting not just Fred, but EVERYONE the football and make the Cowboys defend the entire field.

This Cowboy game rest entirely on the offense getting it's act together. If they don't, their season is over.

Edited by 1billsfan

The Bills played fearless football the first few weeks of the season. Remember how fun they were to watch? What happened was that the whole team from the coaches on down to the players look like they're afraid of their own shadows.

The more that we've been trying to "feed" Fred the football in the ground game, the more this offense has lost it's multi-dimensional attacking style. Time for the Bills to go back to spreading it around and getting not just Fred, but EVERYONE the football and make the Cowboys defend the entire field.

This Cowboy game rest entirely on the offense getting it's act together. If they don't, their season is over.

I don't know. Gailey should've called more screens etc., but I was at the game and I can tell you - Fitz was missing wide-open WRs yesterday and throwing into coverage repeatedly. The routes were there, he just missed them. On that ridiculous sideline pass to Donald Jones that sailed out of bounds, David Nelson was running wide open down the middle of the field and Fitz had time. Happened a lot yesterday. Also, he wouldn't throw to his left for some reason and the Jets knew it, which scares the hell out of me.

The GB game last year. D!*k head Rogers and many on the GB sidelines were mocking, laughing, dismissing, etc. as we were getting dismantled.

Sean Payton two years ago in a post game presser insisting that he was confident that we wouldn't/couldn't score suggesting that the team/offense/coaching staff was offensively inept, stagnant, static, sucked. Incidentally, he was right; but for an opposing team's coach to articulate it amounted to an extreme level of jackassary.

I don't forget these things....even years later. I will always dislike Rogers, GB, and NO (except Brees) for the way that they conducted themselves.

Maybe they'll learn not to talk **** when scheduled to play a real team. I heard the Jets we're amped up after some comments during the week from certain Bills. Like Mike Ness said, "You can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk."

The Bills suck, they deserve to be mocked.

We talked **** heading into the game, and got slapped in the face for it. Maybe we'll pull our heads out of our asses some day. We clearly aren't good enough to play with good teams yet.

Firstly, the Bills don't "suck". They had a bad day. They "sucked" yesterday, but they don't "suck."

And, who/where/when did anyone on the Bills talk [crap]? Never happened. Or, do you mean "we" as in this message board? And what does that have to do with anything that happened on the field yesterday?

I don't know. Gailey should've called more screens etc., but I was at the game and I can tell you - Fitz was missing wide-open WRs yesterday and throwing into coverage repeatedly. The routes were there, he just missed them. On that ridiculous sideline pass to Donald Jones that sailed out of bounds, David Nelson was running wide open down the middle of the field and Fitz had time. Happened a lot yesterday. Also, he wouldn't throw to his left for some reason and the Jets knew it, which scares the hell out of me.

Thanks for the differing "live" perspective. Fitzpatrick had a horrible game which pretty much meant ballgame.

I fully expect the Bills to do some crazy blankity-blank next week. Rob will be going to school on how easy it is to beat down the Bills offense this week courtesy of his brother Rex.

Chan has to start adjusting to whatever the Jets did and now other teams will be doing.

The duo of Gailey and Fitz lost this game. Extremely conservative and poorly implemented game plan by Gailey. And even worse execution by Fitz. This is the reason you do not jump to early extensions a la Jauron. How the hell do you not call a gimme QB sneak at 4 and inches!! This is the new 4th and stupid in my eyes.

it was too conservative from gailey,

cappacio summed it up - he said it was the first time gailey worried about the opposition instead of what this team does

We were doomed from the start of this game.....when we came out with a two te set....that right there told the jets they are scared of us...... next we didn't even attempt a deep ball until the end of the 2nd qrt just trying to beat the clock and make something happen..... I love fred god knows I do....but we have WRS he always doesn't have to be the first option..... not lining spiller up..... not testing revis or the other guy.... worse game plan ever...

While the offense clearly was sub-par, Listen Up!

____________Any time your D stays on the field for almost 40 minutes and allows the enemy's offense to convert 54% of their third downs, the loss ain't all on the offense.

The Bills offense went 3 and out on their opening drive.

The Bills D then allowed the Jets to keep the ball 10 freakin' minutes and saved 7 only by an INT.

That ain't Defense, that's Swiss Cheese.

The Bills D allowed the Jets to convert a rare Jackson fumble into an easy 7 and answer a Bills FG with another 7 due to dumb-a** PI call.

That ain't Defense, that's Dumb.

Just sayin'.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but I refuse to be more upset about it than the Bills players themselves. If they want it to stop, then they can do something about it. Until then,they're going to have other teams showing them disrespect.

I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but I refuse to be more upset about it than the Bills players themselves. If they want it to stop, then they can do something about it. Until then,they're going to have other teams showing them disrespect.

Egg Xact Ly. If you don't like it, do something about it.

Respect has to be earned in the NFL.

While the offense clearly was sub-par, Listen Up!

____________Any time your D stays on the field for almost 40 minutes and allows the enemy's offense to convert 54% of their third downs, the loss ain't all on the offense.

The Bills offense went 3 and out on their opening drive.

The Bills D then allowed the Jets to keep the ball 10 freakin' minutes and saved 7 only by an INT.

That ain't Defense, that's Swiss Cheese.

The Bills D allowed the Jets to convert a rare Jackson fumble into an easy 7 and answer a Bills FG with another 7 due to dumb-a** PI call.

That ain't Defense, that's Dumb.

Just sayin'.

The answer is, it's both.

The offense can't score/execute without the ball, but the defense can't get the necessary rest when the offense is going 3-and-out. Total team loss. Bad TO's, lack of 3rd-down defense, dropped passes, crippling penalties...you name it, we had it.

It some ways, it's better to lose a game like this when we were dominated from head to toe than a game like Cincy, where we (and the zebras) squandered it.

It is true that the Bills are a finesse team, even Phil Simms called them a a smoke and mirrors team.

the thing is... Fitz played against very physical teams when he was with Cincy, he learned how to beat the Ravens- Steelers. The Jets are no different or better then those two teams defensively, he will learn.

On another note it makes me wonder why Chan Gailey didn't make Brad Smith a captain for this game and run him right up Rex Ryan's keaster. Ryan made Maybin a captain for the Bills game.

Clearly teams like Cincy & Jets are keying on Freddy Jackson and taking him outta the game, Plus they have learned how to defend the Buffalo quick short passing game. Get in the receivers grills, bump them outta their routes and mess up the timing. So Gailey needed to come up with other options like utilizing Brad Smith more, Spiller more as a RB. At some point I'd dearly love to see the Bills build a power running game and give the Jets a taste of their own medicine by pounding the ball with the FB and wearing that defense down. So in the 4th QTR the Bills can let FJ loose! Perhaps even Spiller as the guy does have the speed to become another CJ2K, Jamaal Charles

Buffalo will definitely get better defensively once Kyle Williams and Chris Kelsay return from injuries.and even the offense should get better once they get a tackle or two back from injuries.

The answer is, it's both.

The offense can't score/execute without the ball, but the defense can't get the necessary rest when the offense is going 3-and-out. Total team loss. Bad TO's, lack of 3rd-down defense, dropped passes, crippling penalties...you name it, we had it.

It some ways, it's better to lose a game like this when we were dominated from head to toe than a game like Cincy, where we (and the zebras) squandered it.

Exactly. It's both. It's a team loss. Not absolving Fitz and Gailey - from what I can tell, the playcalling just SUCKED and Fitz was off.

But the D certainly did their part to ensure a loss from what I could see.

Globally you're right about the 3 and out thing. I'm not sure that applies here. Focus on the 3rd Q, where we really let the game get out of hand.

Jets went 3 and out. Bills went 3 and out. Jets went 3 and out.

The Freddie fumble at our own 19 on our next possession was killer.

When we got the ball back, we put on a decent drive - but only came away with 3. That's on the O, but it did give the D a nice 4 minute rest.

What did they do with that rest? Let the Jets put on a clinic on how to score a TD in 1:20.

The Bills then put on another drive, culminating in the world's dumbest play call on 4-1, but again - the D got almost 5 minute rest.

What did they do with that rest? Let the Jets put on a sustained, 8 minute drive resulting in a TD.

So while globally you're right about the 3 and out, I don't think that ruined the D here. We came away from 2 reasonable drives in the 3rd and came away with 3 points

That SUCKS, and that's on the O

The D, at the start of the game and with reasonable "breathing time" in the 4th, let the Jets hang onto the ball for more than half the quarter. That's on them.

Our D needs to get physical and get off the field. Earn your own Damn Rest.