Jets were openly mocking the Bills

1billsfan

What is the difference between any of that stuff and Stevie Johnson writing crap on his t-shirt in Cincinnati last season? Answer:Nothing, same thing. It was a big game for the Jets, they went from having a down year, to maybe putting themselves in control of the division. The Bills were jumping and chest pumping all over the place when we beat the Patriots, is that mockery?

Stevie hasn't done anything like that since then. He was wrong then and he deserves kudos for knocking it off.

Players chest bumping is fine. It's when the head coach chest bumps that it crosses the "in your face you losers" line.

I don't remember Fitzpatrick running up to a Patriot DB and mocking him like that.

You may not have a problem with the Jets doing what they did, but my hope is that the Bills players simmer on this game until it boils over starting with them unloading on Rex's brother Rob's team this week.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie hasn't done anything like that since then. He was wrong then and he deserves kudos for knocking it off.

Players chest bumping is fine. It's when the head coach chest bumps that it crosses the "in your face you losers" line.

I don't remember Fitzpatrick running up to a Patriot DB and mocking him like that.

You may not have a problem with the Jets doing what they did, but my hope is that the Bills players simmer on this game until it boils over starting with them unloading on Rex's brother Rob's team this week.

Maybe Chan should have picked a fight with Rex like the Lions coach did with Harbaugh-second thought, that would have been ugly. I am glad that Stevie hasn't done that crap since then also (I was worried we were going to have our own Ocho Stinko here), I didn't like it when he did it and said so on here, although I took a verbal beating for it because I didn't think it was the neatest thing since sliced bread. I don't have a problem with emotion, and I didn't see anything that I would consider mocking either. I don't think the team is worried about any mocking either, and they shouldn't be. What they should be worried about is the butt kicking they received, and the embarrassing display of football they put on, and want to come back and redeem themselves, the other stuff is childish to worry about it.

Edited by billsfreak

Maybe Chan should have picked a fight with Rex like the Lions coach did with Harbaugh-second thought, that would have been ugly. I am glad that Stevie hasn't done that crap since then also (I was worried we were going to have our own Ocho Stinko here), I didn't like it when he did it and said so on here, although I took a verbal beating for it because I didn't think it was the neatest thing since sliced bread. I don't have a problem with emotion, and I didn't see anything that I would consider mocking either. I don't think the team is worried about any mocking either, and they shouldn't be. What they should be worried about is the butt kicking they received, and the embarrassing display of football they put on, and want to come back and redeem themselves, the other stuff is childish to worry about it.

The other stuff (their manhood and pride) is what's most important to NFL players besides the money they're getting paid. It's true. This classic Parcells and Belichick button pushing has been used till it's worn to the nub.

I would use Rex Ryan's chest bump celebration as motivation to give his brother some serious payback this week. Leave a nice calling card in Dallas that the Bills are coming to kick the jolly fat slob's ass in NJ in a couple of weeks.

Edited by 1billsfan

I love how everyone here seems to act like they're a better coach then Gailey. These people seem convinced if they were calling the plays we would win, and it's laughable. Hindsight is 20/20 isn't it? The Jets beat us good but in reality a few plays go different and it could have easily been a close game. You guys say they figured out Jackson but did they? He had over 80 yards rushing and woulda been much more if they stuck with the run , but they didn't.

As for the Jets, mock all they want, just further showing they have no class. I'm all for celebrating but have a little respect man. I hate the Pats but a true elite player like Brady would never resort to that. It's just tacky. And I'll say it again, the Jets were better than us on Sunday but they need a reality check. Did they forget they lost three in a row and players were openly complaining and criticizing their own team? Have they forgotten we beat two teams they couldn't? They can mock all they want but they're not that great of a team, and they'll be losing and bitching again in no time.

I don't know. Gailey should've called more screens etc., but I was at the game and I can tell you - Fitz was missing wide-open WRs yesterday and throwing into coverage repeatedly. The routes were there, he just missed them. On that ridiculous sideline pass to Donald Jones that sailed out of bounds, David Nelson was running wide open down the middle of the field and Fitz had time. Happened a lot yesterday. Also, he wouldn't throw to his left for some reason and the Jets knew it, which scares the hell out of me.

we're you at the game or watch on TV, because Fitz was not missing wide open guys. The Bills recievers had an impossible time getting seperation. After the ball is thrown guys drop coverage (duh)

No offense, but I dont get statements like this...I mean chest bumping now is disrespectful? I mean come on...why not just put these guys in ballet outfits and let them dance around the field...

These are grown men being paid millions of dollars to play a game, yes a game, and a violent and tough one too. Yet people get their panties in a wad anytime someone trash talks, celebrates, taunts, etc. People need to get over it, this is football. I promise you there are things said all game long (by our team too) 1000 times worse then any of this crap people are whining about. This is a heated rivalry and it was a big game and our team was just as fired up when we beat NE.

The funny thing is that if this was reversed and Rex was our coach and we just beat down the Jets, Bills fans would be madly in love with this guy and would be mocking Jets fans for "crying" about how are coach chest bumped someone.

Why on earth would anyone have a problem with a coach chest bumping a player when his team is fired up and he is fired up because they are dominating a very important divisional game and his team is starting to play like the team he believes them to be?

I am going to tell everyone the same thing I said when people were crying about how Belichick and the Pats were running up the score that one year every week...IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN PLAY BETTER. Case closed. Until then, stop crying because you are playing a MANS game and being paid millions of dollars to do so.

Hopefully, the MEN in our locker room will not take lightly to all of this and will do something about it on the field. However, they had all game to do something about it on our OWN field this week and did not respond...

Sadly I think Bills fans are becoming some of the most whiny in the NFL...between all the lame conspiracy theories, how ESPN hates us, alleged screw jobs intentionally to hold us down, how refs cost us games, how rules keep us from winning, complaining about trash talk, etc, etc...its almost become unbearable.

I actually detest the Jets more than the Pats. Thay being said, Bills played scared and it started with conservative play calling by Gailey. The offense stunk. The defense is way too inconsistent. One week they play lights out (e.g. eagles, washington) the next week they let an avg quarterback embarass them. Almost every play should be an all out blitz. At least hurt Sanchez so that he swallows his own tongue after continuous hits.

+1 on the play calling. Can we ever run a reverse? Way to many up the middle with Fred on this game. I was screaming to call something other than up the middle. Screen? Pitch out? Reverse? something other than up the middle. That killed us more than anything. No wildcat ? Brad would have loved to run the wildcat on his former team! Gailey shite the bed on this one.

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Sadly I think Bills fans are becoming some of the most whiny in the NFL...between all the lame conspiracy theories, how ESPN hates us, alleged screw jobs intentionally to hold us down, how refs cost us games, how rules keep us from winning, complaining about trash talk, etc, etc...its almost become unbearable.

lol - The Truth Is out There man...

Well said all-around.

The duo of Gailey and Fitz lost this game. Extremely conservative and poorly implemented game plan by Gailey. And even worse execution by Fitz. This is the reason you do not jump to early extensions a la Jauron. How the hell do you not call a gimme QB sneak at 4 and inches!! This is the new 4th and stupid in my eyes.

Oh come on, I didn't like the play calling either and even the best of the best have bad days once in a while. Fitz has been playing good enough to win every game this year except yesterday. It happens. I for one am glad Fitz is locked in for the next 6 years, now we can worry about the rest of our team and get him a real number 1 reciever to throw to this draft. With our draft position there should be some to be had in the first round.

I actually detest the Jets more than the Pats. Thay being said, Bills played scared and it started with conservative play calling by Gailey. The offense stunk. The defense is way too inconsistent. One week they play lights out (e.g. eagles, washington) the next week they let an avg quarterback embarass them. Almost every play should be an all out blitz. At least hurt Sanchez so that he swallows his own tongue after continuous hits.

Yep, the ultra conservative fun up the middle for 1.6 yards per carry was ridiculous.

Well, since none of us has the ability to see into the future (I assume), I guess we'll have to go with the eight games already played. Thus, 5-3 and tied atop the division doesn't "suck". Can we agree on that?

The Bills have played great this year. so yes I think we all can agree on that.

Can they muster the toughness to win on the road and maintain a winning record..I think so.

Truer words may never have been spoken.

No offense, but I dont get statements like this...I mean chest bumping now is disrespectful? I mean come on...why not just put these guys in ballet outfits and let them dance around the field...

These are grown men being paid millions of dollars to play a game, yes a game, and a violent and tough one too. Yet people get their panties in a wad anytime someone trash talks, celebrates, taunts, etc. People need to get over it, this is football. I promise you there are things said all game long (by our team too) 1000 times worse then any of this crap people are whining about. This is a heated rivalry and it was a big game and our team was just as fired up when we beat NE.

The funny thing is that if this was reversed and Rex was our coach and we just beat down the Jets, Bills fans would be madly in love with this guy and would be mocking Jets fans for "crying" about how are coach chest bumped someone.

Why on earth would anyone have a problem with a coach chest bumping a player when his team is fired up and he is fired up because they are dominating a very important divisional game and his team is starting to play like the team he believes them to be?

I am going to tell everyone the same thing I said when people were crying about how Belichick and the Pats were running up the score that one year every week...IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN PLAY BETTER. Case closed. Until then, stop crying because you are playing a MANS game and being paid millions of dollars to do so.

Hopefully, the MEN in our locker room will not take lightly to all of this and will do something about it on the field. However, they had all game to do something about it on our OWN field this week and did not respond...

You need to go back re-read the original post. My only emotion was embarrassment. It wasn't anger or even being upset.

I was merely pointing out the actions of the Jets and what impact it will have on their motivation in their next meeting. If it were me, forget three weeks from now, I'd be ready to drop 50 points on Rob's face in Dallas this Sunday. Just because he's Rex's brother.

You don't have a problem with Rex chest bumping on the sideline, fine. I think if you were a player you'd be in the minority.

If I were a leader, I'd call a team meeting and use this as the defining moment of the season. I'd tell them that this week in practice, Rob Ryan is calling all of the guys in that room the same old Buffalo Bills who are nothing but a bunch of finesse-plain' wusses. Let's go beat them to a pulp.

Edited by 1billsfan

You need to go back re-read the original post. My only emotion was embarrassment. It wasn't anger or even being upset.

I was merely pointing out the actions of the Jets and what impact it will have on their motivation in their next meeting. If it were me, forget three weeks from now, I'd be ready to drop 50 points on Rob's face in Dallas this Sunday. Just because he's Rex's brother.

You don't have a problem with Rex chest bumping on the sideline, fine. I think if you were a player you'd be in the minority.

If I were a leader, I'd call a team meeting and use this as the defining moment of the season. I'd tell them that this week in practice, Rob Ryan is calling all of the guys in that room the same old Buffalo Bills who are nothing but a bunch of finesse-plain' wusses. Let's go beat them to a pulp.

And if I were a leader and any player commented on the Rex back bump or anything else happening on the Jets sideline I would not so politely ask what the !@#$ they were doing watching the Jets sideline instead of working on a way to help their team.

I think the fans read way more into the bulletin board, lets get fired up because of what someone on the other team says bull **** than any player does.

And if I were a leader and any player commented on the Rex back bump or anything else happening on the Jets sideline I would not so politely ask what the !@#$ they were doing watching the Jets sideline instead of working on a way to help their team.

I think the fans read way more into the bulletin board, lets get fired up because of what someone on the other team says bull **** than any player does.

You're crazy. Players do and should get pissed off at this stuff. If they don't then I wouldn't want them on our team.

It would mean that Ryan and Tomlinson (who was obviously parroting what his coach had been telling him all week) are right. We are a bunch of spineless wimps.

You're crazy. Players do and should get pissed off at this stuff. If they don't then I wouldn't want them on our team.

It would mean that Ryan and Tomlinson (who was obviously parroting what his coach had been telling him all week) are right. We are a bunch of spineless wimps.

Or perhaps professional athletes who care more about winning than whining about what some fat !@#$ coach on the other team is doing?

Bottom line is that in my opinion anyway I would hope they would worry more about their piss poor performance than Fatboy doing a back bump.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Or perhaps professional athletes who care more about winning than whining about what some fat !@#$ coach on the other team is doing?

You're confusing the issue. I haven't heard one player whine as they should not say a single word about it outside of the locker room.

What the leader should do in the locker room is tell them that when head coaches start chest bumping on the sidelines, it means that it's proof teams have zero respect for you.

Parcells and Belichick would milk the most inane comment made from another team for all it is worth all week and you're telling me that a head coach chest bumping is no big deal? Sorry, but I'd rather side with those coaches "they're questioning your manhood" approach.

This is a big deal and if the Bills players don't see it that way we are a bunch of wimps.

Edited by 1billsfan

The wambulance has certainly been making its TSW rounds 24/7 since Sunday, there's no questioning that.

But don't say we're the 'whiniest' in the NFL. Do you spend equal time on all 32 message boards? You know for certain that Bills fans are alone in this regard? Methinks you don't.

So go ahead and call Bills fans whiny, that's fair.

But don't suggest we're any whinier than other teams', especially after a loss.

The wambulance has certainly been making its TSW rounds 24/7 since Sunday, there's no questioning that.

But don't say we're the 'whiniest' in the NFL. Do you spend equal time on all 32 message boards? You know for certain that Bills fans are alone in this regard? Methinks you don't.

So go ahead and call Bills fans whiny, that's fair.

But don't suggest we're any whinier than other teams', especially after a loss.

Again, this isn't a "whining" thread. You guys are missing the point.

It's a thread about feeling embarrassed for the Bills and wondering if you were a player on the team, how you'd handle it inside the locker room. Whining is what Tomlinson did after that Patriot playoff game, or what fans do when they are angry at an opposing player for showboating too much. I'm not angry, I feel embarrassed for them. I want to know if the players and coaches are angry at the many signs of blatant disrespect shown by the Jets, and if they are, how they channel it moving forward. One thing they can't do is talk to the media about what they're going to do. Just keep it internal and unload on Dallas this weekend.