E. Moulds

Remember when we just got destroyed by the patriots on sunday night, the following week, e.moulds was talking about how he'd have to evaluate things at the end of the season because he wants to win and doesn't know if buffalo is the place for him anymore..

think he's backing off the words now??

If we don't make the playoffs..would eric still wanna be a bill? in my opinion eric is a bill for life..I sure hope donahoe doesn't have any plans to let him go..How many years are left on that monster contract??

except for the fact that he is set to make $8 MILLION next year, and he's not worth 8million, and we could use some money for some other signings.

he should take a pay cut. drew did.

he needs to be re-structured, if we could get him down to $5million and use that extra 3 towards Jonas and Pat.

i mean, if i were a "bill-for-life" type of player that he says he is, i would take the cut to keep the team together for next year...

i doubt that will happen though...

and if we cut him as a cap casualty he only costs us 3million, so then we save 5...

with 5 million im pretty sure we could sign those two and go get a good receiver for 2million

(side note) daq, whats up? have you been banished?

I sure hope he isn't gone after this year. I think a Moulds-Evans combo can be the leagues best for the next few years. Now they we don't miss Price anymore, I don't want to go thru the whole thing again looking for Moulds replacement. With his talent, there really is no viable replacement.

we need moulds, plain and simple...i dont want to put the entire load on evans shoulders...and Eric is one of those damn good players you just dont let go...hes only 30 ro 31, hes got 4-5 good years left...

174910[/snapback]

I really think Lee Evans is the "Next big thing" for the Bills. Even more than Magehee. Taking Moulds away now would be a huge step backwards. I really hope that doesnt happen. However if it should, there is a crapload of lower priced wideouts around. Im pretty sure Jerry Porter of the Faiders out here is available next season.

We'll be a superbowl contender from day one next year.....there's no way in hell Mould's is leaving......TD and Moulds will work it out.......Eric took less money to stay here last time, and he'll do what he can to stay a Bill and retire here. I don't understand those of you who are so quick to cut him loose......

If he'd quit droppping passes maybe we would win some more.  He has not come up big on most Sundays this year.

174959[/snapback]

I agree with that comment. You look at his stats and feel silly critisizing him. But stats are deceiving. Seems to make a circus catch on one play, then drop 2 easy ones right after. He can be quite inconsistent/maddening at times.

I already believe Evans has far better hands than Moulds ever had.

Moulds Cap figure for 2005 is 8.75 mil. That's a lot of scratch for someone who can be wildly inconsistent. I'll be interested to see how TD views his status after this season.

Remember, Quality Vet FA WR's (at a bargain price) are the easiest position to find every off-season. Evans has Star written all over him while Moulds star may be falling. TD always thinks ahead so let's see how this plays out.

We'll be a superbowl contender from day one next year.....there's no way in hell Mould's is leaving......TD and Moulds will work it out.......Eric took less money to stay here last time, and he'll do what he can to stay a Bill and retire  here. I don't understand those of you who are so quick to cut him loose......

174924[/snapback]

I hope he stays as well. Im just saying if we are unfortunated enough to lose him, there are some options. Moulds is a gamer and I want to keep him.

I agree with that comment. You look at his stats and feel silly critisizing him. But stats are deceiving. Seems to make a circus catch on one play, then drop 2 easy ones right after. He can be quite inconsistent/maddening at times.

I already believe Evans has far better hands than Moulds ever had.

Moulds Cap figure for 2005 is 8.75 mil. That's a lot of scratch for someone who can be wildly inconsistent. I'll be interested to see how TD views his status after this season.

Remember, Quality Vet FA WR's (at a bargain price) are the easiest position to find every off-season. Evans has Star written all over him while Moulds star may be falling. TD always thinks ahead so let's see how this plays out.

174964[/snapback]

They should make "Drops" part of a Wide Receiver's stats. That way they come into negotiations and say 'Look what I've done for this team the past 3 years!' and GM counters, 'Yeah, you dropped 15 easy catches last year, 5 would've been TD's. How much did you say you wanted?'

If he'd quit droppping passes maybe we would win some more.  He has not come up big on most Sundays this year.

174959[/snapback]

It's been a real dropsy kind of year for the receivers, with Moulds committing the worst sins. I'd like to see the receivers coaches work on this, and the players themselves should get into a habit of working on it in the off season with a throwing partner. Why most players don't see the obvious benefit of working repetitively on these skills on their own time is mystifying.

Instead you here some of them say "I like to get away from the game in the offseason and won't touch a football until training camp".

There seems to be a lot of negativity towards Moulds because he complained about losing and indicated he could want something better. (It's a quibble, but he didn't actually say he wanted out and he hasn't demanded anything yet.)

I actually like it when players get upset about losing. I like the attitude and I like the pressure it puts on management. And unlike, say Terrel Owens, who torched SF as best he could all last season before his agent actually screwed up his exit (remember that?), Moulds is no locker-room problem. So yeah, I wish he never wanted out, and yeah, I think he's had better seasons, but no, I'm not down on him and I want him back.

They should make "Drops" part of a Wide Receiver's stats.  That way they come into negotiations and say 'Look what I've done for this team the past 3 years!' and GM counters, 'Yeah, you dropped 15 easy catches last year, 5 would've been TD's.  How much did you say you wanted?'

175523[/snapback]

Oh, they do.