Fred Jackson getting deal done?

According to 550 WGR - ??? and reported on http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/

Jackson and Bills general manager Buddy Nix had a meeting three weeks ago, and now Jackson expresses his belief that a deal will get done eventually.

And China is developing a nuclear program... <_<

I know it was only a couple of days ago, not the 1960's but I couldn't resist.

And China is developing a nuclear program... <_<

I know it was only a couple of days ago, not the 1960's but I couldn't resist.

[/quote

When did that happen? what's next a wall to keep people out? Seen that this morning and was dying. What a classic, yet people are more worried about his past and he has no idea about other countries????????

Fred and Buddy just met and Buddy said Fred gets a new deal as soon as Pears and Lindell are signed. Apparently SJ13 talks are still on hold.

PTR

and the SJ13 talks SHOULD be put on hold....negotiate after season and if cant come to terms, franchise him....hes perfect scenario for the franchise

and the SJ13 talks SHOULD be put on hold....negotiate after season and if cant come to terms, franchise him....hes perfect scenario for the franchise

If we have CAP money this year, why shouldn't we spend this year and reduce the cap hit next year. It is not like SJ is going anywhere anytime soon. He is our #1 WR. The one thing hurting him may be his product the past 3-4 weeks..But then the Bills have been playing teams with a fierce pass rush and Fitz having to get rid of the ball quickly and the absence of Jones on the other side hurts too.

If we have CAP money this year, why shouldn't we spend this year and reduce the cap hit next year. It is not like SJ is going anywhere anytime soon. He is our #1 WR. The one thing hurting him may be his product the past 3-4 weeks..But then the Bills have been playing teams with a fierce pass rush and Fitz having to get rid of the ball quickly and the absence of Jones on the other side hurts too.

if we signed him to an extension that affects NEXT year, he already has his pay/salary for this season...

As far as I know, Bills are still a cash to cap organization..at least till 2013 league year. So how much cap space we save this year vs next is not relevant to the negotiations in my opinion, but i can be completely wrong on that. As a matter of fact, I can see the Bills wanting to push stuff to meet that minimum spend requirement in 2013.